It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should be so lucky (that we are noticed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

We should be so lucky (that we are noticed)

September 13th 2001 in a state of shock I posted a "To Whom It May Concern: open letter." It contains the phrase "You have underestimated the American sprit."

Two weeks later I was stunned to see then President George W. Bush used my phrase "They underestimated America. They underestimated our resolve, our determination, our love for freedom" He then goes on to stutter and use new words like "miss-underestimated."

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Before I go on let me submit some evidence for the two statements above. The first is a link to a composite of all the reactions I got to my "To Whom it May Concern:"

Link to reactions to my chain email

This may help some remember the mood of the world two days after the eleventh.

Here is the Google archive of my original post October 13th 2001.

Link to Google archive of USENET (the specific post)

Unfortunately the old usenet only exists in google archives these days.

As circumstantial support here is a blog post I found from 2004 that comments on Bush's use of this phrase.

Link to random 2004 blog post

to find "underestimated the American spirit" It's pretty far down the page.

The second is a link to the actual video of Bush addressing the nation September 26th 2001.

Bush thanks CIA (link to Political Video dot org)

8:48 minutes long, skip to Timestop 6:20

[edit on 2-3-2010 by davidgrouchy]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

I think you might have grown a big head on this one. I am just saying......

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You better get started on getting that copyright on the phrase "underestimated america!" You'll make so much money off of the royalties for how often people express it.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Assuming that my evidence above has tanked, I will blithely go on with my point while trying to wipe the egg off my face, in my responses below.

Being an old Treckie I always assume that communications are compromised. But big brother watching me does not bother me. Nope. In fact I hope they _are_ listening, because I have something to say. I had already been using this approach for years, when September 11th happened.

Now I doubt that my original post was filtered up to President Bush's speach. But I would just like to remind everyone of this particular philosophical approach. Speak your mind. We should be so lucky that were noticed.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Dont worry about it for all we know he could have used it.

You get a flag for being a cool person.

new topics

top topics

join