It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outright Eurocentric Racism against Muslims.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Ridhya

I was implying in my previous post more on the lines of a Nationalistic Identity that could be Lost , not a Generic European one . British , French , Spanish , Slav , German etc. In that pretext those Peoples Unique Cultures would be the ones most to suffer a Cultural Shock that Immigration Policys would bring them . I personally thing that is a Bad thing .......

Why? What do you have vested in keeping things "pure?" How is it going to change your life or the lives of others? That's part of the world problem. We're too focused on the things that make us different, and constantly grip to it, instead of realizing that we are all human beings with our own sets of values that make us unique while still appreciating the things that bind us all together.

We all need to look after each other, because one day, someone may decide to infringe upon you, and there will be no one there to back you up.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawacat
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

You are so right.

'Religion' is where this world has gone wrong.

'Religion' causes most of the wars and suffering.

'Religion' is made by corrupt people who want power.

There should not be any man-made religion, just people following whatever they want and not being judged for it.

Thank you. I appreciate your comment and your opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I wholeheartedly agree. Thank you for sharing your opinion. I think its high time I added you to my friends list.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
First of all people, stop placing Islam and Racism in the same sentence. Last time I heard, no religion was above one another in terms of protection for being criticized.

Anyways, can you blame them? Last I heard, there wasn't in increase in crime from the immigrants practicing Islam.

On the topic of culture, some people want to keep their culture more so than others based on their geographical location. My culture is pretty important to me. For example, I was beginning to lose the ability to speak my native language even though I live in a place where barely anyone speaks it. However, I actually went out of my way to re-teach myself that language because I wish to maintain that culture and I get a sense of pride from it. People living in the USA for many generations might feel detached from it and that's understandable.

Nothing is wrong with being a deist or believing in something after, heck I do but to go to the extreme of near cult-status and deprive yourself of natural human instincts is just wrong.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by SoulofBlack]

[edit on 3-3-2010 by SoulofBlack]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I am not refering it to being a racist issue or a religion issue. What I am saying is in GENERAL our FREEDOM to dress the way we want to is being attacked. It is the start of our freedom being taken away and this is not good. NO matter who ya are what the heck is a burka any different form a a big scarf wrapped around your head and face protecting you from the cold?

Well stated. It really won't be until more of American rights and freedoms are infringed upon before people understand how bad things are getting.

Its only until after something affects us directly to we decide to take offense.

Exactly, Now are they going to ban all the people that wear turbans , and also nuns who have headgear whos to say ya cant hide anything under that .....Makes no sense at all ...it's just absurd....they have gone tooo far on this one...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well I'm glad they're thinking of banning them

Fine if they wear them in Islamic countries

When they're lucky enough to get themselves into Western nations, they should adapt to Western culture

I regard Islamic female 'dress' to be yet another means via which muslims are choosing to dominate

Hope they do ban them. I'd certainly support a referendum to ban them

and I'd most certainly support a total ban of any more muslim migrants to the West ... and would donate to have at least 2/3rds deported

by the way, OP ... I have no interest in being on your Friends list

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I agree that this seems wrong. why attack burqas? Even those who say they oppress women seem to conveninetly forget the pay differentials between men and women so the anti oppression arguement is wrong.

Burquas should also not be worn in banks.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What I see here is = each country has different LAWS.

If the Law of a given country states that a (example) "Faces must Not be covered when entering a bank, school, police station, federal building etc" Then each person - no matter what religion they may be - HAS to follow the LAW.

There was a case in the US a few years ago where a woman wanted to get a driving license. All driver's Must have a license to drive. All license's Must have a picture on it.

This woman wanted to have her picture taken in her Burka.

Facial features Do Not show when a full Burka is worn.

This is the LAW.

If someone from another culture/religion wants to live in and even visit "my" country - they MUST FOLLOW the LAW.

This is Not taking away "rights". Everyone in that country has to follow the same Laws.

Personally I am really tired of it all = Last year we were in Egypt - I made sure I covered my head, shoulders and knees (yes I am female) when we were on tours or in public.

This was Common Curtsey to the Egyption Way Of Life. I did not want to offend them.

As someone above stated - "When in Rome...."

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mappam

If the Law of a given country states that a (example) "Faces must Not be covered when entering a bank, school, police station, federal building etc" Then each person - no matter what religion they may be - HAS to follow the LAW.

There was a case in the US a few years ago where a woman wanted to get a driving license. All driver's Must have a license to drive. All license's Must have a picture on it.

This is the LAW.

If someone from another culture/religion wants to live in and even visit "my" country - they MUST FOLLOW the LAW.

This is Not taking away "rights". Everyone in that country has to follow the same Laws.

Personally I am really tired of it all = Last year we were in Egypt - I made sure I covered my head, shoulders and knees (yes I am female) when we were on tours or in public.

This was Common Curtsey to the Egyption Way Of Life. I did not want to offend them.

That's the right idea. However, that right idea is not meshing well with a majority of those immigrants who feel that as long as they are within these countries, these countries should accommodate their way of thinking and subscribe to their ideologies.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Well I'm glad they're thinking of banning them

Fine if they wear them in Islamic countries

When they're lucky enough to get themselves into Western nations, they should adapt to Western culture

I regard Islamic female 'dress' to be yet another means via which muslims are choosing to dominate

Hope they do ban them. I'd certainly support a referendum to ban them

and I'd most certainly support a total ban of any more muslim migrants to the West ... and would donate to have at least 2/3rds deported

by the way, OP ... I have no interest in being on your Friends list

That's very nice, because I had no interest of inviting you. Its bad enough that you typed your words on the thread itself.

However, you will soon see...They're going to be instilling the same sort of thing right here in America. And it won't entail Burkas. I'm sure you'll be the first to complain once your rights are infringed upon.

And by the way...if you cannot behave in a rational and intelligent manner here, DON"T COME BACK. This thread is for adults.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulofBlack

Originally posted by mappam

This is the LAW.

That's the right idea. However, that right idea is not meshing well with a majority of those immigrants who feel that as long as they are within these countries, these countries should accommodate their way of thinking and subscribe to their ideologies.

This is the LAW.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ok hold up just one minute.... for the purpose of taking a picture and folowing the law... there can be adjustments made I know this to be true..
a woman who is a cancer patient with no hair and wears a cap baseball cap can in fact have her picture taken with the cap on.. it is the law to wear no headware here where I live well guess what I was that gal... they let me take my drivers license with a cap on .... so if this woman with the burka will show just her face for certain reasons I stated then there is no reason she can't walk around in the public eye dressed the way she wants to be dressed ....

[edit on 3-3-2010 by NorthStargal52]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

" Why? What do you have vested in keeping things "pure?" How is it going to change your life or the lives of others? That's part of the world problem. We're too focused on the things that make us different, and constantly grip to it, instead of realizing that we are all human beings with our own sets of values that make us unique while still appreciating the things that bind us all together.

We all need to look after each other, because one day, someone may decide to infringe upon you, and there will be no one there to back you up. "

Your Irrational Bleeding Heart Liberalism here is touching . Maybe you should consider a Career in Politics ? You sure know your " Shineolla Mr. EM ........

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Gee, such desperation to control by someone who believes him/her self to be judge and jury

Pride before the fall

Nor do I appreciate the attempt to blackmail people with threats of 'It will happen to YOU, soon'

See through

Not working

Further, whilst someone may initiate/launch a thread --- they are not empowered to control the content OR those who choose to post within that thread

If someone is unable to tolerate opposing opinions to the extent they assume the power to veto posters ---- then perhaps they should create a website of their own ?

Until they do, they're going to HAVE to tolerate opinions which differ from their own

That's Life, huh

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Here is a story about a similar situation in Montreal with regards to a female Egyptian student being expelled for wearing a niqab:

"The student, an Egyptian who is a permanent resident of Canada and who wears a veil over her face known as a niqab, apparently refused to reveal her face in class and insisted male students not face her"

www.montrealgazette.com...

She insisted that male students not face her? The nerve of some people. Why do Canadians, many of which have been here for generations, have to bend over backwards to accommodate these individuals? It should be the other way around.

When European and other immigrants first settled in Canada in the early 1900's and again in the 1950's, did they go around making these outrageous demands of the native population? Not by a long shot. They kept their heads down, worked their asses off and assimilated with the population. If these immigrants cannot do the same, they should not expect any preferential treatment.

The story goes on to say that the woman has also filed a complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Quite a number we have here. She refuses to abide by the rules of the school/class and then she goes and files a complaint, even after the school tries several methods to accommodate here absurd demands.

These people arrive in Canada and start making unacceptable demands off the bat without having contributed anything to the system. It's time for a reality check folks.

On a side note, there are many in Canada who believe that the Human Rights Commission needs to be trashed. This story is just one more reason why the Commission (which is a complete waste of taxpayers money) needs to take a hike.

Here is some more info on this story

network.nationalpost.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
They're not going far enough, in my book. They should ban religion altogether. Bloody bunch of superstitious crazies, believing stories written by more superstitious crazies from thousands of years ago.

Look what religion has brought us!

Nothing but pain and misery.

On a realistic note, the Burkha has nothing to dio with Islam and is all about oppression of women. On a practical side, people need to be identified. I cannot wear a motorbike helmet into a bank, why should someone be allowed to wear a tent?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I disagree it is racism. "Muslim" is not a race.

Muslim is a religion. And, I find it interesting that this thread is going to discuss possible Euro centric "racism" against a religion, rather than the how a whole gender is treated in certain Muslim countries.

Sounds like just another white bashing thread to me.

If Europeans were really that racist, why on Earth would they let all these non white peoples immigrate into their countries? Or, allow them to get public benefits while there? Or allow them to protest the very freedoms that country offered that they came there to benefit, when those freedoms are used to do something that religion is intolerant of?

No, instead of looking at the bad behavior of the religion, lets focus on the people who willingly allowed members of that religion into their country, and gave them the right to talk smack about them to boot. Lets not look at the fact that members of their very same race and religion have treated them much worse in many cases. And, lets completely over look the fact that it is being done because these countries have their own culture that they want to forward in their own country. No, lets find a way to make Europeans whites devils. Again. Because no one is sick of that line of rubbish already.

Edit to add;

And "freedom of religious expression" is another Eurocentric abomination we are pushing upon our poor Muslim "brothers" too.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
They're not going far enough, in my book. They should ban religion altogether. Bloody bunch of superstitious crazies, believing stories written by more superstitious crazies from thousands of years ago.

Look what religion has brought us!

Nothing but pain and misery.

On a realistic note, the Burkha has nothing to dio with Islam and is all about oppression of women. On a practical side, people need to be identified. I cannot wear a motorbike helmet into a bank, why should someone be allowed to wear a tent?

Going to slightly disagree. There is nothing wrong with being a deist (beliefs cultivated by paranormal beliefs) however, I don't see why people need to be into a religious group. I am a deist in a sense, my family is actually atheist/agnostic and never have I intertwined my own personal beliefs into the way I interact with people.

What do I think needs to be done? Deport or jail people who actively inflict their own personal religious beliefs in an asinine or violent manner into anyone else's culture domain. Simple. The problem is, a lot of these followers of Islam have not been raised with the fact that you either keep your faith to yourself while embracing or just respecting the culture around you or you move back. Simple.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Here is a story about a similar situation in Montreal with regards to a female Egyptian student being expelled for wearing a niqab:

"The student, an Egyptian who is a permanent resident of Canada and who wears a veil over her face known as a niqab, apparently refused to reveal her face in class and insisted male students not face her"

www.montrealgazette.com...

She insisted that male students not face her? The nerve of some people. Why do Canadians, many of which have been here for generations, have to bend over backwards to accommodate these individuals? It should be the other way around.

When European and other immigrants first settled in Canada in the early 1900's and again in the 1950's, did they go around making these outrageous demands of the native population? Not by a long shot. They kept their heads down, worked their asses off and assimilated with the population. If these immigrants cannot do the same, they should not expect any preferential treatment.

The story goes on to say that the woman has also filed a complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Quite a number we have here. She refuses to abide by the rules of the school/class and then she goes and files a complaint, even after the school tries several methods to accommodate here absurd demands.

These people arrive in Canada and start making unacceptable demands off the bat without having contributed anything to the system. It's time for a reality check folks.

On a side note, there are many in Canada who believe that the Human Rights Commission needs to be trashed. This story is just one more reason why the Commission (which is a complete waste of taxpayers money) needs to take a hike.

Here is some more info on this story

network.nationalpost.com...

This slightly depresses me...the fact that a large quota of the immigrant allowance every year have no respect for the culture or even care to abide by it before they come to the country while perfectly respectful people probably don't get their shot. The PC police need to take a break and decide better who gets to live in their countries. I am shortly going to apply to Canada and actually am learning French on the side along with Canada's history.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join