It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census Bureau Getting Personal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I think Jerry Day poses some very interesting questions.
Just today I saw a commercial for the census. They make it look like it is so wonderful. Just fill it out and get lots of free gov money for your town. How civic!

Has anybody seen the positive effects of the a past census in their community?

[edit on 1-3-2010 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Besides being nosy. No.

I remember last time they took it, the girl asking the questions got a little miffed when I would only answer how many people live in my home and ages.

Gee I can hardly wait to see who shows up on my doorstep this time around.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
www.usconstitution.net...

"The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct."

So the easy way to go about this is to use one word; semantics.

Particularly the phrase "In such manner as they shall by law direct."

The founders as we all know were very pro liberty, so this was probably meaning if they would say, have you go to an office, drop a card with number of people living in your house in a bucket at certain locations.

However much like the spoiled kid that doesn't like to lose they make up their own rules and meaning to existing laws, to "win."

In summary, the answer is nothing gives them a right to this information, except themselves, and our apathy. WE are the power in this country!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

My census report asked me how many times I masturbate daily. I said 5. Am I wrong, the real number is 10.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

My census report asked me how many times I masturbate daily. I said 5. Am I wrong, the real number is 10.
Well, you see, why they ask that is because its all about the head count. If they can add your "sample" to a woman's monthly sample than can technically get another whole person into the count. So by saying 5 instead of 10, you are really short changing your community.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I anticipate the arrival of my very own victim (Census taker) with renewed relish. Last time, I had a hangover and just stared blankly until he left. This time, I will be much more animated, but even less pleasant to be around.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I really don't understand the fear or...unwillingness to participate in the census.

It's really asking four things on the grand scale of things:

How many citizens are in the US?
-Did the population grow since the last census, if so, by how much or how little?

What's the ratio of men to women?
-Is it even or uneven?
-Will this affect birthrate?

What and how many immigrants do we have?
-Is immigration up or down?
-How many immigrants had children in the country?

Does a majority of the country rent or own their homes?
-Is this a reflection on the economy? how so?

I can understand some level of privacy concerns but...what's the harm? There's a bigger world than your doorstep. What do you think of people who have willingly answered the questions in the past 200 years?

top topics

join