It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic Event in Miskolc, Hungary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I just saw this on RSOE EDIS...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/328a7d111b36.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/741dc8d8dbce.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b9c994ea558.jpg[/atsimg]

Details Page Minimal information.

Note the location, North-Hungary (and Slovakia), that seems like a pretty big area.

For those that aren't aware, the event date reads day:month:year time is UTC I believe.

I have searched a few of the local newspapers in Miskolc, but unfortunately I can't read Hungarian, plus it may not have been reported on yet. As well I didn't see any pictures that might give clues to what may have occurred.

I invite fellow ATS'ers to investigate this with me. Please post anything you find.

Not sure if this is something minimal or major, but I am quite curious none the less.

Edit to Add: More photos and "Details" link.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It also says:

People in parts of North Hungary and in Slovakia have experienced unusual sound and light phenomena on Sunday night. The rhythmically repeating sound and light occurrences were heard and seen in the large area from Kassa to Záhogy, but the majority of observations were registered in the Ózd, Kazincbarcika, Miskolc and Putnok area. According to people's descriptions, authorities thought it was a meteor shower, but the area over these phenomena were experienced is too large and no craters have been found neither. Furthermore, people saw a white light, but the light that can be seen at the time of a meteor shower is red. Another possible explanation is that it was an unusual meteorological event, similar to Polar Lights, but that is never accompanied by any sound. As the explanations above do not seem reasonable, it is also possible that it was an UFO. The Disaster Management is still investigating and looking for people who have witnessed this mysterious phenomena.

Check out the video

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the Vid, I have to be honest, it looked like lightening

There was talk of a good sized CME heading to Earth because of the magnetic filament that collapsed or burst (terminology), which was said would result in some nice auroras. I am not sure if sound is ever associated with these however, or if a CME could even be a consideration for that matter.

Phage is wise in that arena, perhaps Phage will venture to this thread and either confirm or deny this possibility.

Aside from that, I am curious to see what these Disaster Management fellas come up with.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Good find, I am not fimiliar with the web site. What kind of web site is it? And I am not being critical but do you just randomly check this site? This is super cool, if something happens it will be even more interesting. S& F for you. Thanks and keep us updated please.

[edit spelling]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

National Association of Radio-Distress Signalling and Infocommunications
Emergency and Disaster Information Services (EDIS)
Budapest Hungary

Ironically it's based in Budapest, Hungary.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I went to the site and now I know what it is. I think it is the neatest thing I have ever seen. I believe it will become one of my favorites. Thanks for sharring. It is stuff like this that makes me love ATS. You learn something new every day!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I know everybody is gonna come in here and say there is no connection between the solar magnetic filament snapping on the sun and this event, which is a valid stance, but I cannot help but to wonder...

This filament snaps and then the earthquake and then the event over Hungary. Coincidence? Possibly. But there may be a connection we have not identified yet. I know the solar wind was not to earth in time for the earthquake, but are there other particles we don't know about that may travel faster?

Take my word for it, I am by no means an expert on any of this - but it would be interesting if a link were discovered, no?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I saw the same exact sky (minus the noise) in CT Last November on the 19th, around the meteor shower. I was in bed reading, when the entire sky lit up just like that video. It didn't look like any lightning I had ever seen. The sky was partly cloudy but not stormy. And it was the ENTIRE sky that lit up, as if someone just turned on a light switch and then turned it back on. It was steady, rythmic even like a flashing signal, and it happened three times approx 2-3 minutes apart. Even my skeptic boyfriend saw it, and was amazed. I've tried finding people who saw it that night, but to this day it still remains somewhat a mystery to me. I read somewhere that a meteor burning up in the atmosphere could cause a bright flash like that and it makes complete sense given the spectacular meteor showers we had during that time, but can they really light up the ENTIRE sky like that?

Thanks so much for posting this thread! S&F!!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I know this is on the other side of the world, but I wonder if it is at all related?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Either way, they both occurred pretty close together, and sound sort of similar. Hope it helps!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
It also says:

People in parts of North Hungary and in Slovakia have experienced unusual sound and light phenomena on Sunday night. The rhythmically repeating sound and light occurrences were heard and seen in the large area from Kassa to Záhogy, but the majority of observations were registered in the Ózd, Kazincbarcika, Miskolc and Putnok area. According to people's descriptions, authorities thought it was a meteor shower, but the area over these phenomena were experienced is too large and no craters have been found neither. Furthermore, people saw a white light, but the light that can be seen at the time of a meteor shower is red. Another possible explanation is that it was an unusual meteorological event, similar to Polar Lights, but that is never accompanied by any sound. As the explanations above do not seem reasonable, it is also possible that it was an UFO. The Disaster Management is still investigating and looking for people who have witnessed this mysterious phenomena.

Check out the video

I saw this video months ago, apparently it was a meteor that entered our atmosphere. But this video/event happened months ago!

Do more searching b4 posting on ATS! We dont wanna confuse ourselves, or do we?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am from Slovakia, and it was presented as a meteor in mainstream news. Slovak science academy estimates that it was 0.5 - 1 meter in diameter and exploded about 30 kilometers above ground, accompanied by a bright flash and a loud sound after 90 seconds (thats probably where the 30 km distance comes from..).
It is interesting that a bolide detection camera on an observatory located about a hundred kilometers away did not detect anything, because it was cloudy..

Here is another video of the event:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JahKinG SouLJaH

Originally posted by atzmaz
It also says:

Check out the video

I saw this video months ago, apparently it was a meteor that entered our atmosphere. But this video/event happened months ago!

Do more searching b4 posting on ATS! We dont wanna confuse ourselves, or do we?

That's very interesting that it's an old video because RSOE have it on their website and so does the news channel it links the video to. Do you have a link to an older version please?

Even if it is an old video, it is a new event posted on RSOE

Is this definitely being reported as a meteor shower now? I haven't been able to find out much at all about the incident and have been hoping for a situation update on RSOE but none as yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Its definitely a meteorite based on the other videos I looked at. Pretty cool stuff! Hope to see more vids!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IWant2Believe323

but they didn't find any craters, surely there would be some if there were big enough meteors to cause the whole sky to light up. :/
and the sounds? did you hear sounds?
i find this very curious and honestly, a bit troubling. i can't wait to see what will happen in the next couple months. maybe nothing. maybe something.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
I am from Slovakia, and it was presented as a meteor in mainstream news. Slovak science academy estimates that it was 0.5 - 1 meter in diameter and exploded about 30 kilometers above ground, accompanied by a bright flash and a loud sound after 90 seconds (thats probably where the 30 km distance comes from..).
It is interesting that a bolide detection camera on an observatory located about a hundred kilometers away did not detect anything, because it was cloudy..

Here is another video of the event:

www.youtube.com...

how many were there?
would just one cause the sky to light up seemingly rhythmically multiple times?
i don't mean to sound argumentative to anyone, i'm just so curious and want to understand!

i've seen many meteor showers, though i guess none with the meteors quite so close. usually even ones that seemingly lit up part of the sky you could see coming down or streaking through the sky as a light source. something. i dunno.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Now that looked like a meteor, as far as the sound, has there been any reports of the type of sound it produced?

Was it a sonic boom type sound? or something different?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So bump bump. What's going on here is this another event that the MSM
is going to ignore? I guess there's a limit to how much fragile earth news
can be reported on at once.

Snf

[edit on 3-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have seen many meteor showers and falling stars and I just have to say;
them are some big azz up close and personal meteors. Also why was this not in the news? I watched for it all day and nothing! I mean yea meteors are not that big a deal but these were not your everyday meteors. Also has anyone noticed all the earthquake activity in that area of the world. I mean it is making yellow stone a few weeks ago look like nothing. They are not big but there are a lot of them in a short period of time and then add this "cosmic activity". Also another point I want to ad, why did the Emergency and Disaster web-site not just label them as meteors if that was what they were? And why was a meteor shower on the Emegency and Disaster site as an incident anyway? Just don't add up yall, it just don't add up.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Melissa101]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Huge UFO Fireball was seen across the Globe same day as Chili's 8.8 Earthquake ...

Fireball Over Norway -- Signs of the Times News

Fireball over Hungary - Hungarian Translator Needed
7 hours ago - There is a report out of a fireball over Hungary and the report is in Hungarian. Haven't been able to find any English reports yet. ...
Indeed, there was a significant amount of sighting of that the phenomenon all-over Hungary.
According to the news, an extremely bright object, like a strange ball of fire flown trough the eastern part of the country.
The phenomenon, lite up the whole sky where it has passed trough and some of the spectators pointed out that even it's tail was visible.
The object considered to be a "Bolide".
There are some officially unconfirmed information regarding it's impact crater, situated in Slovakia:

noviny.joj.sk...
www.aktuality.sk...

Here are some videos, shot at Hungary yesterday:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.indavideo.hu...

www.indavideo.hu...

Fireball lights up sky north of Winnipeg
- 5:13am9 hours ago - A bluish green fireball flew over the bright sky in the East - and the Southern sky on Tuesday, at almost quarter past eight in the evening.

Fireball spotted over 9 Ireland 2-3-10

Fireball over Duluth!

A bright meteor blazes across the Bowl of the Big Dipper several years back. Photo: Bob King

Were you one of the lucky ones to see the brilliant, flaming object plunge over the region about 7:15 p.m. last night? People all the way from Cook County along Lake Superior's North Shore to Duluth to the Spooner area in northern Wisconsin all reported seeing what appears to be the same object. Audrey Monicken, who lives on Park Point, said she was watching TV when she caught the sight.

top topics

join