It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Augmented Identity app helps you identify strangers on the street.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I've never created a thread. Not sure if this is where it belongs. This just disturbed me to no end.

By this point, we're all familiar with augmented reality, but Swedish mobile software firm The Astonishing Tribe is taking information overload to the next logical step: augmented identity. Mashing up face recognition technology, computer vision, cloud computing, and augmented reality with the complex digital lives many of us lead on the Internet, TAT has created an app that allows you to gather information on a person and their social networking life simply by pointing your camera phone at their face.

Augmented Identiy app helps you identify strangers on the street.

The software even takes note of the position of the person's head within your field of view, popping up icon links to the subject's social sites around his or her head without obscuring the strikingly lovely features that caught your attention in the first place.

Let the conspiracies fly off this one!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It is an 'opt-in' system, so only those who want to be identified will be.

And I have to add that if you have put a full frontal, easily recognizable photo of yourself on a social networking site, what would you have to complain about? You have already voluntarily given up your right to privacy.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It is an 'opt-in' system, so only those who want to be identified will be.

And I have to add that if you have put a full frontal, easily recognizable photo of yourself on a social networking site, what would you have to complain about? You have already voluntarily given up your right to privacy.

Well, most people on social networking sites usually post a full frontal picture of themselves. This app just proves that the technology exists. Lets say your attending a peaceful protest.... hmm...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I agree with you 100% Montana.

I just hope this post educates everyone to how vulnerable they are on these social networks. Yes this particular app has an 'opt-in'. Thats just that app.. Law enforcement etc is another story.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yet another reason to stay away from social networking sites. Anyone pointing said device at me is going to get a big question mark on their screen. Haven't even had any pictures taken of myself for years at this point.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hypntick... hmm.. I use this avatar on facebook and myspace.. I didnt even think about the photos of me I took and posted in my photo album section. geez

I could give a damn about flags or stars but this should get more attention.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by madmangunradio]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah! the TAT Augmented Identity applications are plain scary!

I wrote a little about it and posted another video from one other Swedish developer 'Polar Rose' in another thread, if you are interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thank you Chevalerous

Thats the tech.. Im talking about.. Thank you for the link. However if people think its just an app... sigh cmon! Technology is there and can be used for ......

Edit to add... Chevalerous beat me to it.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by madmangunradio]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
An app you can 'opt-in' is one thing.. the tech is here! think about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
Edit to add... Chevalerous beat me to it.

No please! sorry ! I didn't meant it in that way with the link I posted, I just thought maybe it could be of interest? - and I was too lazy to post the video in this thread!

So relax - this was not a breaking news OP or anything.

Feel free to post that video in your first post if you want! I think it's important that people get the information about these applications and technologies, and their potential and impacts thereof.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yes the technology is here, this we knew. And coupled with the fact that it is illegal in many states to be in public wearing a mask or anything that alters or conceals your face, I guess we give up the right to privacy whenever we walk out our front doors.

I'm wondering why so many people are so interested in what I am doing. My life really is quite boring.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No disrespect but its not about just you. My life is boreing to. This tech isnt just about who ops
in its about all the above.

new topics

top topics

join