It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I download some good binaural beats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I know many people on ATS have used them before, but where can I get some interesting ones that aren't just for meditation? Thanks in advanced.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I know I-doser sells a shwack of them... pretty expensive though... and they have never really worked for me.

My favorite ones are by Tom Kenyon; his ultimate brain collection is absolutely fantastic!

I don't know if they are exactly "binaural beats", but they really have had an effect on me.

tomkenyon.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
evolution.blueapples.ca...

that looks pretty good.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Do a google search for "The Worlds First Digital Drug"
TPB has a torrent of it.
Never really worked for me but it was cool none the less.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here's a recommendation from me directly, and someone who isnt me(SWIM) who is experienced in psychoactive drugs.

Do, NOT, play with these sounds, UNLESS:

1) You are mentally stable
2) You are not depressed
3) You are experienced with psychoactive experiences.

These are not something to play with, they are not a joke.

I in fact, was just inspired to try them for the first time after seeing this thread.

I tried one called '___'QH.mp3 I do believe.

It was very disturbing, and I recommend you stay clear of these noises.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Here's a recommendation from me directly, and someone who isnt me(SWIM) who is experienced in psychoactive drugs.

Do, NOT, play with these sounds, UNLESS:

1) You are mentally stable
2) You are not depressed
3) You are experienced with psychoactive experiences.

These are not something to play with, they are not a joke.

I in fact, was just inspired to try them for the first time after seeing this thread.

I tried one called '___'QH.mp3 I do believe.

It was very disturbing, and I recommend you stay clear of these noises.

I am glad you gave a warning, which is appropriate but I do want to clear some things up since I have researched binaural beats extensively and used them a lot...

Binaural beats should be used with caution (if you check out my thread I'm providing a link to in this post you will see I post a caution, and some but not all sites do provide one as well) however there are beats out there that are meant to help you in certain areas of your life/mental disorders. Now in no way am I saying that you should quit taking your medications and just use binaural beats to help you get through the day, however they do work pretty well for some people.

For example, I have binaural beats for many difference occasions including one for helping you 'wake up' in the morning. My younger brother was having trouble getting up in the morning for school not too long ago and I presented him with this beat and he used it and told me it helped him a lot. Theres also ones to listen to while researching/studying to help you remember things better, and the list goes on... But yes use caution when listening to these beats, don't drive or operate any sort of machinery while listening. I suggest trying them out in a comfortable position while in a chair with arms or while in a bed just in case you go into a trance/deep meditation.

I have many more binaural beats if you need them so just U2U me if you need some more (I have about 40 downloaded on my computer that were free).

Heres the link to my thread For everyone who needs help in the spirituality department

There's link to binaural beats at the bottom of the OP. Also, make sure you use headphones and have the right head phone on the right ear, and the left on the left ear or they wont work correctly.

Enjoy

[edit on 2-3-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
www.archive.org...

Found this one with a quick google-ing

Now that I know what they are. I am downloading some now.

Revolution-2012, new to these as well. Can you share what happened? If you don't feel comfortable putting out on the forum, U2U me. I would like to hear more.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Don't be discouraged about using binaural beats because of one person having a bad experience. Like I said, do take using these beats with caution, but they aren't going to kill you (unless you're driving and trance out and get into a car accident...).

You should give them a try if you have read some information about them and think they will help you. Don't just jump right in to using them, do some research first! If you check out my thread which I posted above in my other post I talk a bit about them, and like I said if anyone has any questions don't hesitate to U2U me.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm more than comfortable saying what happened given the fact it's not a chemical substance, therefore it's completely psychological and I can express whatever I saw and felt on this forum with out being reamed by the T&C.

I started listening to a binaural beat entitled "'___'QH".

In respect of the drug, '___', of course.

About 5 minutes into the beat, while looking at a visualization tool on Winamp, I began to notice my peripheral vision "waving" in and out, literally, hallucinations.

I then began to felt a swarm of, not quite, emotions, but more so.....just weird mental fluxes that we're uncomfortable, followed by a sense of nausea. I immediately discontinued the beat, got up and drank some water.

It was not fun, and the effects of these noises effected me extremely quick. I would not have had any problems if it was strictly visual hallucinations, but, no, this was not confined or restricted to just visual / perception hallucination, this was an all out physical / mental hallucination that began affecting me rather quickly.

I tried a few other ones that seemed not to do so much besides relax me, but that one was definitely unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

About 5 minutes into the beat, while looking at a visualization tool on Winamp, I began to notice my peripheral vision "waving" in and out, literally, hallucinations.

That was why you had a bad experience. See, some of these programs that contain binaural beats, and/or allow you to create your own, let you download visuals to watch (which you're supposed to look at with your eyes closed) while listening to the beat.

If you have certain conditions, such as epilepsy for example, this could be very dangerous and cause you to have a seizure. Some people don't know they even have any condition and they find out the hard way.

So Revolution, I understand you had a bad time, but I'm going to place the blame on the use of the visualization. However, technically you can create a binaural beat that would mess with your head, so maybe the one you listened to was one that someone created for themselves specifically or just to mess with people. The links and info provided in my thread are safe and on point.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the explanation, it is intriguing. I am not scared and have been researching and reading for most of the night now. Since my Astral post:
My Post

the one response mentioned them and I had no idea what they were. So then my ol' friend Google helped me to understand them more. I am not really nervous or anything else. I am pretty open minded and see what the beats bring about. Perhaps I will make a post about what happened after some experimentation.

Thanks for all the useful info! As always, ATS members are very helpful.

-Nate

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

It's the '___' one from I-Dose.

I highly recommend no one mess with it, I'm sure there are other good tracks that will help you meditate but these things operate on tones we cant even actually hear, and they do manipulate the chemicals in your brain therefore everyone should be weary of what they are doing, it's mind sabotage and if used incorrectly, or if you get a bad one like the '___' one, know when to quit, it's essentially mind control, ELF, all that good stuff.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by highlyoriginal

It's the '___' one from I-Dose.

I highly recommend no one mess with it, I'm sure there are other good tracks that will help you meditate but these things operate on tones we cant even actually hear, and they do manipulate the chemicals in your brain therefore everyone should be weary of what they are doing, it's mind sabotage and if used incorrectly, or if you get a bad one like the '___' one, know when to quit, it's essentially mind control, ELF, all that good stuff.

In no way can the sounds chemically effect your brain. Binaural sounds effect your brain wave patterns by putting something like 440hz in one ear, and 430hz in the other, to make 10hz, with is a certain brainwave level in your brain. The '___' one targets the areas in your brain that '___' targets, but it is in no way the same thing as '___'. I have it on my Ipod touch (app store, so that means it isn't bad) All the '___' sound does for me is make things enlarge then shrink... and yes it will effect the way you think, just like certain brainwaves make you think differently. It's not unsafe unless you have seizures or heart problems (or a pacemaker).

top topics

join