It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strange Feeling as of Late...

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Omg this goin be best weekend ever.

Just to let you guys know, at some point in the night, I am going to meditate for 5 minutes just for you all, and send that energy out into the world.

So yeah, if at some point in the middle of the night you get a burst of positive energy, that is me.

Aloha.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hello my friends,

I've been following the thread intently over the past few days making observations, and saving my voice for when I thought I could contribute something. I've had a few major set backs in the past week and a half, and while I feel like the universe is just challenging me again, sometimes it feels like it's screwing me instead.

I had a long discussion with my spiritual mentor yesterday about how the universe (given that you are putting love and light into the world) has a way of protecting someone from the greater evils or pains at large. This is mostly to do with my personal relationships with the opposite sex, but I can see it happening in a number of angles; the biggest angle being my current job situation. There are millions upon millions of people unemployed at the current time, and I suppose that with my very specialized skills, I only qualify for a very small selection of jobs within my state (if I want to stay within my degree field). Over the past 18 months I have sent on average 10 resumes a month to various educational establishments, from public schools, to charter schools, to private schools, and even Catholic schools. Out of all of these resumes I sent out, I received only two interviews, and a whole STACK of rejection letters. My spiritual mentor has continually said that maybe this is the universe's way of saying to get out of this field and move on, or that maybe it means that these weren't the right positions for me. Either way it sucks, and I'd like something more than per diem work.

On the relationship angle, the same thing applies. The sting was even greater this past week when I met one of "us*" on an e-dating site. Had a good rapport going with this person, and then the person deletes their profile and vanishes, never to be seen again. Can't find this person anywhere, and I don't think I ever will again.

(*when I mean "us," I mean those of us who are sensitive to the changes going on around us, the ones that can feel the energy, both physical and metaphysical)

My mentor took a look at this person, and said that while on the outside the person seemed legit and very nice, on the inside she said that it looked like this person may have some sort of deeply confounding issues that I would not be a part of, thus, the universe protected me from getting "cut" again. It doesn't make the experience any less painful, given the fact that there are so few of us in the world. The fact that I found this person within an hour's drive of me made it the knife that stabbed me in the back.

So I move on.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sol mentioned something a few pages back about all of us posting at once when there are very strong energies in the air, and now I am 100% convinced that this is the case. Look at all the time stamps on posts in the past few days...all within a few minutes or hours of each other. Then the thread goes silent for a few days, and them *BAM* everything picks up again. This is truly observable behavior, and it's exciting to see.

Klain, I've been following the EQ stuff too, and it seems that many of our dreams are coinciding with these natural events. This only furthers my hypothesis that some people out there can actually feel these Earth changes in real time, and I believe that the dreams are part of the evidence for that claim.

I wish I had time to address everybody individually, but I'm running out of time today. Just know that I'm thinking about each and every one of you, and keeping you in my positive light. What we need to do right now is shield ourselves from the negativity that is brewing around the globe. Take it in and turn it onto something positive, as Sol has suggested. Even if it is just using that energy to further bolster your defenses, transmute it to the point where it can no longer affect you on a physical and metaphysical level.

Much, much love to you all.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
I've been following the thread intently over the past few days making observations, and saving my voice for when I thought I could contribute something. I've had a few major set backs in the past week and a half, and while I feel like the universe is just challenging me again, sometimes it feels like it's screwing me instead.

Itll put hair on your chest

Really though, i do know what you mean. i can never deny though, that when i come out on the other side of such challenges, that i have learned much.. It seems that things are not always "pleasant," but maybe such things are more beneficial to our growth as a whole the more difficult they are.

On the relationship angle, the same thing applies. The sting was even greater this past week when I met one of "us*" on an e-dating site. Had a good rapport going with this person, and then the person deletes their profile and vanishes, never to be seen again. Can't find this person anywhere, and I don't think I ever will again.

As i was growing up, i met a couple of girls through the years that affected me differently than others. i suppose it is considered by some to be "love at first sight," but i dont personally subscribe to that idea exactly. Anyway, many of these were simply in passing and i never saw them again, though one i was lucky enough to be able to spend a couple of weeks with. Precisely what i feel under such circumstances is an absolute mystery, but its undeniable. It also means that i feel it would be unfair to date someone whom i did not have that with. So, the result is i have not been on a date in ten years
i feel if it happens, it happens, but i accept it if nothing ever does. i am also blessed to have good friends and family though. i am happy with what i have, and if i ever am gifted with more, it will just be icing on the cake

My mentor took a look at this person, and said that while on the outside the person seemed legit and very nice, on the inside she said that it looked like this person may have some sort of deeply confounding issues that I would not be a part of, thus, the universe protected me from getting "cut" again. It doesn't make the experience any less painful, given the fact that there are so few of us in the world. The fact that I found this person within an hour's drive of me made it the knife that stabbed me in the back.

i think that is an interesting observation. It also seems to be becoming more common.. There are many that, on the surface, seem to be feeling something. Most will use it to bolster their current understanding instead of allowing themselves to grow uninhibited by our own personal limitations. Discernment of such issues will become important because "diving in to shallow water that looked deep can paralyze you."

Sol mentioned something a few pages back about all of us posting at once when there are very strong energies in the air, and now I am 100% convinced that this is the case. Look at all the time stamps on posts in the past few days...all within a few minutes or hours of each other. Then the thread goes silent for a few days, and them *BAM* everything picks up again. This is truly observable behavior, and it's exciting to see.

Indeed! The reasons behind this will become more and more clear as time goes on. i think it is important to not become swept out by these things though. i think it is easy to become enamored with one part of that wave (when everything picks up), and i see that many people are doing just that. i am not saying you are, i just see it a lot in general. We should strive to feel the totality of the movement of the ebb and flow. If not, we simply get pulled out by the current of our own mind. What is felt could be looked at as the "result" and not the "activity" itself (to use the same analogy i usually do). The "activity" is based in co-operation between individual systems, because while individual, they are not separate. In our perspective, this starts within by simultaneously becoming aware of say the lungs breathing and our thought processes, and slowly grows to encompass all things. Many will get caught up in the result, or the "sparkly" things. The result can not be achieved by practicing it as the activity. Just as a clear mind is a result of meditation, not the activity itself, and also how cause and effect are generally related. i think we will start to see many "get swept out by their own mental current," if we havent already.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Ok.. where to start.. First, I've been on a self imposed hiatus from the internet and most things electronic because as I've probably stated in this thread.. I get really fatigued in the long term by being around them. Odd choice that I'm a computer tech, but you work with what you're good at.. and I'm logical and observant. Thinking it's time for another field.

Moving on.

This week has been... turbulent. I attended a funeral I didn't actually attend since I was too tired out from setting up the reception and dinner afterwards and slept on the floor of a storage room through the whole service dressed in a suit.. I've had a lot of dreamless sleep which I'm thankful for and the nights that weren't dreamless were rather innocuously pleasant. The days were filled with minor accidents due to clumsy balance, being completely unfocused from all the distractions, screwed up sense of time and very little downtime to truly rest.

The symptoms persist, the world sinks deeper into chaos.. flooding on the Mississippi River to the point of having to inform a bunch of people their homes would be 14 feet underwater because they had to flood one area to save another. Earthquakes, unrest.. you say this is the weekend of change, I say this is just the first gale of the storm.

I'm.. not at ease. Not at all. The physics of energy are just not working properly lately. One of you mentioned devices going haywire in your house. When you just mentioned the laptop I was going to suggest the power supply may be inadequate or malfunctioning. That's a shadow symptom that's hard to diagnose and effects everything in the computer. The only way you get around it is to get a new power supply and plug it in and see if the symptoms disappear. With a laptop that means simply replacing the cord and maybe the battery.

When you said all your appliances for the most part are doing it... The most simple answer I can give is Dirty Power. The electric coming out of the line isn't to tolerance of 115v or whatever it is in your country. Improper power can screw up ANY electronic device with some nasty side effects. If it's happening to all of them or most of them in one room, chances are that's the culprit.. unless your personal energy field is so strong that you're warping electronics in the area and that HAS happened to a couple people I know of.

Even my mom can't wear a wristwatch with a battery if the body of the watch has metal touching her skin. She'll drain the battery dry and leave the watch dead within three days... and she's the farthest thing from a practitioner you'll find. Undeniable precognitive and empathic senses though. Seems to register the most when family members at a distance are in big trouble. She just "knows" and calls them or knows right when they'll call her and who's calling before the phone rings.

Next topic. Chaos Magic isn't a school to be studied lightly and I'm glad you found a mentor, I just hope they're along the same moral lines you're willing to tread. I know a couple practitioners of Chaos Magic that really let the idea of it corrupt their logic and morality and tended to feel that their magic was superior and could overwhelm anyone they decided to control/attack. I'll just say the first didn't have much experience with subtler magic and didn't comprehend that they were slowly being drained and neutralized over the course of three months to the point of impotence and the second learned from the first's recklessness and made themselves scarce.

On that note I feel obliged to give you a little advice. You don't need a mentor. You don't need knowledge, spells or rituals. They're nice. They're powerful. But they're NOTHING in the face of rigorous discipline, focus and sheer observation. Simple, well thought out exercises will do more for you than any fancy accoutrement of magic. I refuse to use any long term tools or items of any kind. My personal belief is they make you weak and inflexible.
Magic simply IS. It's an energy.. more than one energy, many energies, a whole law of physics governs it that no person will every hammer out a universal theory to... but the greatest scientific minds of our times have been keen, logical observers.

It only took an apple to establish the law of gravity. It only took a telescope to lay out Keppler's Law of Planetary Motion. Time, records, testing, observation... and a ridiculous amount of persistence. Master these and you need no mentor. In time you'll find people asking you to take them under your wing. I personally don't have the patience for it anymore. Those who want knowledge can ask what they want provided they truly intend to use it, but the most interesting and able people I know would rather learn for themselves and only seek help when they're stuck. They may not get far as someone who sought out higher education but given time and knowledge, the extra work in the foundations will give them a stronger tower than those that rushed in their construction.

I've said a lot and I'm in desperate need of some kind of distraction that isn't a book and possibly involves shooting pixellated baddies or lopping the head off an orc with a vorpal blade of some kind. I apologize for the stumbling, flailing post but I had a lot to get caught up on.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

(*when I mean "us," I mean those of us who are sensitive to the changes going on around us, the ones that can feel the energy, both physical and metaphysical)

The fact that I found this person within an hour's drive of me made it the knife that stabbed me in the back.

So I move on.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Okay I'm entrusting this secret to this thread (so don't laugh)....

...I have never had a girlfriend because I'm very unconfident and uncomfortable in my own skin and I've never (until the last few years) been able to hold a conversation with the opposite sex. I'm 24, male and never had a girlfriend.

I believe in tyhe possibility of life long love and I've always thought there is the perfect woman for me out there and that we have possibly met in a past life and sometimes I feel like i'm morning her previous life and awaiting her in this one.

But to be honest I think it's more to do with the fact that I'm a social outcast lol

Work wise I tend to fall into jobs and i've always thought the perfect job is out there for me. For example, I left college and did a course in computers then left college and got the first job I had an interview for which believe it or not was in my old school.

Now I'm ready to move on with my life and build a life of my own once I leave my job and go to university.

Anyway to summise, what I'm trying to say is that the universe for me seems to point me in some sort of direction, I just can't see the compass yet.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
So basically it happened. The next shift has occured. We are making the uber progress.

Had an amazing night. People were being human. It warmed my heart and gave me hope.

Will have to do a detailed post later.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Pastamancer - you may be right, I'll try a new power supply. I just found it weird that it only started happening after I'd had an operation

I've got to say, I've been feeling weird these last two days. I don't know if anyone else has been feeling this but I know it sounds and feels really strange.

I've been feeling like I'm above myself. I know that sounds strange. It's like a pulling feeling from the top of my head, as though someone grabbed my hair and is pulling upwards. Honestly, it's the strangest feeling ever and I keep trying to make my body follow the pulling but it doesn't work. I get the feeling if I can somehow make the rest of me follow it, it'll be a good thing.

Gah! I wish I knew how to explain this better, I can only hope that someone else knows what this is or has felt it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pastamancer
It only took an apple to establish the law of gravity.

i am not so sure i would use those same words. What we currently understand as "gravity" was in place long before that apple fell. It just took us a few thousand years for us to notice things do that. i personally blame it on the lack of "Where's Waldo" when they were growing up in that age

All of human science is just exploring what is already there, and what has been here, as far as we know, since the "beginning of time."

The whole watch battery thing is just downright annoying. Personally, i think it is a whole lot more common than many seem to think. i think it is just representative of the electromagnetic field that our chemical/electrical impulses create though. Your suggestion on dirty power is a good one. Even in the wealthiest of neighborhoods, the power is usually pretty unstable. In one of my old jobs, i always suggested people buy a power conditioner if they were investing decent money into their electronic devices. i also made sure they knew to put it directly in line before the devices, regardless of battery backup, etc. The quality of the power supply itself can also determine how long it will last, and how well it can handle transients. With laptops, there is obviously not much of a choice though. To anyone curious, for desktops, i suggest PC Power and Cooling and Corsair power supplies. Others are good, but not always, and these two are always good. i also suggest, when looking at surge protectors, trying to get one that physically disconnects the internal circuits, instead of just "soft protection."

As far as video gamin, i have been oddly enjoying Runescape as of late. Not exactly "cutting edge," but its free, browser based, and fun. After years and years of gaming, it just scratches an itch that other games cant seem to!

Used to play DDO, as i see you mention vorpal. Another free game that is actually pretty fun (if you have not already played it) is Vindictus.

i spend a lot of my "relaxing time" playing games, as i feel it is like tv, you are just the one who is making the things happen in what you are watching. However, i have been pretty much disappointed in the entire industry for the past five years or so. Eh, anyway, getting off topic.

reply to post by sephrenia

i think it is important to focus on the one who is feeling those things, and not what is being felt. Does that make sense? It is difficult to put the actual personal process into words, but i went into detail about the premise just a bit ago. While i put it under the context of some becoming "enamored" with the "rises," i feel it applies in general to all of experience. We are the one who is "feeling" and not necessarily what is being felt, though it is so incredibly easy to get wrapped up in what is being felt. This is a much, much deeper concept than it might seem at first blush.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
After the healing weekend I had, it is no surprise things are starting to get rocky again. I definitely needed the weekend to refocus, but I feel as if we are in for a real crazy ride from here on out.

My family is tense, and when they start talking about their strange feelings and such, I know s*** is getting serious. There is this sense of a phase coming to a close, and everyone is feeling it. My dog has been acting very strange lately and very nervous. It is like we are bracing ourselves.

Like I said earlier, I am glad I was able to attend healing festival this past weekend. It has reaffirmed my faith on humanity, and I know we can truly survive as a species.

The bigger picture is starting to come into focus for me. Lately, I have been thinking more about humanity in general instead of just me as a singular person. We truly are all connected. Me talking to you is you talking to you. Hope that makes sense.

Let's do this. Let's help our race survive the coming tribulations. We have to be the ones to do it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Hi there, just want to ask what part of the world are you from? Thanks.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
After the healing weekend I had, it is no surprise things are starting to get rocky again. I definitely needed the weekend to refocus, but I feel as if we are in for a real crazy ride from here on out.

My family is tense, and when they start talking about their strange feelings and such, I know s*** is getting serious. There is this sense of a phase coming to a close, and everyone is feeling it. My dog has been acting very strange lately and very nervous. It is like we are bracing ourselves.

Like I said earlier, I am glad I was able to attend healing festival this past weekend. It has reaffirmed my faith on humanity, and I know we can truly survive as a species.

The bigger picture is starting to come into focus for me. Lately, I have been thinking more about humanity in general instead of just me as a singular person. We truly are all connected. Me talking to you is you talking to you. Hope that makes sense.

Let's do this. Let's help our race survive the coming tribulations. We have to be the ones to do it.

I think this thread is getting a bit to spaced out for me, I wish everyone good luck and goodbye.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by klain

pshh, i thought you couldnt see the compass yet! How do you know things arent going exactly where they should?

Where would you like the thread to go?

All the best

edit on 17-5-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by klain

Klain,

I started this thread as a spring board to the physical, metaphysical, and paranormal happenings that have caused us to have this "Strange Feeling." Everybody that has posted has relayed the information to us in a way that makes sense to them. The information contained within this thread could be dissected for years to come (unfortunately, with my limited free-time, I've been unable to do just that). I have found your contributions to be quite excellent. Your personal take on the situations at hand have helped to put a scientific spin on things, and that is one thing that some of us truly need. Being able to personally observe and live these occurrences is truly amazing in and of itself. Just like anything else in the world, these happenings can be looked at by several points of view, but it doesn't make them any less valid. Some of us look at the situation from a "spacey" angle, while others of us look at it purely from the scientific angle, while people like me combine both sides into something tangible.

In the end, I believe we can all come to a consensus that there is indeed something unusual and possibly paranormal (in the sense that most "normal" people don't have the ability to sense these Earth changes and comment on them in a concrete fashion) about the things that we are collectively experiencing, and I wish you all the best. You will be missed in this thread.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by klain

Dont let the door hit you on the way out...

Good morning everyone...Is it still morning? yep..Alright then - Its been quite the month hasn't it?

Everyone has been catapulted through the energy of spring into summer with global threat of war, famine and nuclear radiation and no matter how loud the dogs of war choose to bark the citizens still remain calm for the time being.

As I sit here boiling bones, cleaning claws and drying out animal hearts I often wonder if its all just a dream that I might one day wake from. I shared counsel with my teacher the other day - We talked about the origins of the human being from the philosophical point of view of the legends of old.

We all have our place in this world, each of us stands as a great cog in the grand design whose destiny seems to change day by day according to what we desire or fear.

The only purpose remaining, is the be a positive influence unto myself and the world around me, and to increase the intensity of that influence as often as humanly possible.

Great blessings to you all my friends - May the height of spring wash away the pains of winter and allow for a gleeful release into summer.

-GM

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

reply to post by klain

Klain,

I started this thread as a spring board to the physical, metaphysical, and paranormal happenings that have caused us to have this "Strange Feeling." Everybody that has posted has relayed the information to us in a way that makes sense to them. The information contained within this thread could be dissected for years to come (unfortunately, with my limited free-time, I've been unable to do just that). I have found your contributions to be quite excellent. Your personal take on the situations at hand have helped to put a scientific spin on things, and that is one thing that some of us truly need. Being able to personally observe and live these occurrences is truly amazing in and of itself. Just like anything else in the world, these happenings can be looked at by several points of view, but it doesn't make them any less valid. Some of us look at the situation from a "spacey" angle, while others of us look at it purely from the scientific angle, while people like me combine both sides into something tangible.

In the end, I believe we can all come to a consensus that there is indeed something unusual and possibly paranormal (in the sense that most "normal" people don't have the ability to sense these Earth changes and comment on them in a concrete fashion) about the things that we are collectively experiencing, and I wish you all the best. You will be missed in this thread.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

I'm back
I'm sorry everyone I get anoyed too easily at the moment, I'm stressed as usual. I didn't mean any disrespect sometimes I can be scientific about views and opinions, sometimes I can be open minded and other times I can be ignorant and I think my last post was the latter.

It's just there is clearly something going on from the sheer number of responses, but there seems to be very few people wanting to look for evidence apart from the OP and a few others here.

But I know this thread was created to share experiences I just get (wrongly) riled up sometimes, which I think I've done before on this thread and my excuse is the same I just want answers.

This is a brilliant thread and I meant no disrespect.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by klain

What answers do you want?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
reply to post by klain

What answers do you want?

What do you mean?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by klain

You're among "family" here Klain. I understand your frustration, and I think we all equally feel it in some way, shape, or form.

The "answers" that we are collectively seeking will mostly likely be revealed in time. But then again, we could already hold all the answers in our big 'ol noggins, and just don't know it. There's so much about human DNA that we just don't understand as of yet. Our past, present, futures, and destinies could be encoded right into our DNA, and we wouldn't be the wiser.

There's just so much of the universe that we have yet to understand (I'm starting to read up on astrophysics, entanglement theory, and the like, and they are all very fascinating, if confusing to understand), and even more that we don't even understand about ourselves.

Here's a saying/joke that one of my favorite college professors used to tell me:

"Two bulls were sitting on a hill, overlooking a herd of heifers below.

The young bull says, "Hey, why don't we run down there and screw a few of those heifers?"

The old, wise bull shakes his head and says, "Nah, why don't we walk down there and screw all of them?"

The moral of the story is that while the young bull risks slipping down the hill while running, breaking his neck, and never getting to copulate with any of the heifers, the old wise bull realizes that he will get down to the bottom of the hill anyway, so why rush things?

Believe me, I share the same frustrations. I ask every day "why me? why now?" and while the answers don't come, or aren't readily available, they are there. We just have to take our time getting to them, lest we risk "breaking our necks" in the process.

I hope that helps. You aren't alone in your frustrations. We just have to keep doing what we're doing: compiling empirical data/evidence, and hoping that we are getting closer to real, concrete answers.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by klain

There's just so much of the universe that we have yet to understand (I'm starting to read up on astrophysics, entanglement theory, and the like, and they are all very fascinating, if confusing to understand), and even more that we don't even understand about ourselves.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

I find entropy really interesting:

www.youtube.com...

It's a rule of thermodynamics that says all organised things spread out in all directions in and become choas.

I don't really know if it's relevant I just thought I'd share

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain

It's just there is clearly something going on from the sheer number of responses, but there seems to be very few people wanting to look for evidence apart from the OP and a few others here.

Klain, I have enjoyed your presence here in the thread. I understand your point of view since you come from the mostly scientific side of things. That said, what evidence are we supposed to be looking for do you think?

In my opinion, evidence has been presented here in this thread, and is being presented every single day in most parts of this forum that corroborate our experiences. That is evidence in and of itself. We don't have anything to go on, other than that things are moving and changing, and those changes aren't always positive, though we are doing our best to spin the negatives into positives since that is what we do. We post our daily or not so daily thoughts here to help add to the list of experiences that are the parts of the evidence we have.

I hope you are able to maintain your open minded thought processes when replying to us, though I fully expect your scientific mind to take over occasionally, and I look forward to your posts when that happens, as long as they are posts that are not negative. You are better than that, as are we. We are the sum of our parts, one of which you are.

Much love and respect,

Ceri
edit on 17-5-2011 by Ceriddwen because: old age and addled brain

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join