It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops & Judges Caught Using Secret Codes On Tickets

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Yeah when people invent teleportation so cops can get there instantly let me know eh? Most cities operate on a priority system, major incidents come first, small crimes later. When is the last time YOU drove by a house instantly knew a rape was happening? I've seen cops recover a stolen car within an hour, but if someone breaks into your house you don't automatically know it in most cases. And the last time I looked it takes time to get from one place to another....

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by rcwj1975

I think it comes down to how you were brought up. I couldn't imagine being anything else but pleasant to a cop. Even if he is an AH. Especially if he is. He has the ability to make your day even worse if he wants to. Why go that route? It proves nothing but ignorance. And it's caught on the dash cam. So is the crime if I am not mistaken. I have a few cop friends and they tell funny stories about how they were just going to give a warning and the person started flipping out about the deputy sheriff had no jurisdiction in town, or on the highway. One friend said a guy told him he couldn't write him a ticket. He smiled and said "watch this".

Complain about how bad cops are when they write you a ticket, but when they are protecting you from the crackhead trying to rob you, things seem to change a bit.

Yeah, cause cops protect tons of people from thieving crack heads. Thats garbage, every incident I have ever witnessed and have had reach my ears resulted in loss and injury with the cops showed up after the fact. Cops show up after a woman is raped, a child kidnapped, a house ransacked and man murdered, but just in time to bust someone smoking a bowl of selling a bad of weed.

They're doing Gods work alright...

I am not a fan of cops at all, but your statements here are ridiculous and wrong.

Street cops are called and show up after that.

Detectives are proactively out trying solve crimes.

There are various positions within law enforcement, and not all of them are driving around with a starbucks on the dash.

The thing is, though, a cop cant just show up if no crime is committed. They dont have the numbers, not to mention that if they did have the numbers to be on every street corner, thats what they call a police state.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everwatcher33

Honestly it's amazing our society even functions; the amount of LE is far out numbered by normal citizens.

This is hardened thinking that leads to abuses of power and the dehumanizing morale bestowed upon people.

That's true but it makes a lot of difference when LE try to do their jobs.

I can agree to some extent that a bad attitude can affect the ability to perform an officers job, but if they can't handle working with people then they should look for other work.

Like they say people hate the cops till they need them then they love them for those few moments. Good luck making your points. And to those who want to make the argument against it being the law...laws are meant to be interpreted. There are different interpretations every day and that's why we have case precedence. The law is fluid, it changes, and don't go to the constitution because the system we have now is infinitely more complicated then what they had when they created that document.

Like I said in an earlier post, they show up after the fact most of the time. Its shocking what you think of the constitution in light of our society and the law. Its a bit like saying "we are so far down the river now, the paddle is useless". I agree its complicated, but certainly not for the right reasons.

Just my two cents.

Indeed.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I find this interesting in just seeing everyones posts...

THe majority of the people will get Smiley Faces... so in essense its helping out a lot more than its hurting... and those turds that deserve the punishment get it. And its not really hurting because instead of punishing more people its letting off a lot of people.

I THINK YOU GUYS NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES

Give me 10 Smileys

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yeah, cause cops protect tons of people from thieving crack heads. Thats garbage, every incident I have ever witnessed and have had reach my ears resulted in loss and injury with the cops showed up after the fact.

Well if YOU witnessed it, why didn't YOU stop it from happening? Instead of complaining about response times.

Cops show up after a woman is raped, a child kidnapped, a house ransacked and man murdered, but just in time to bust someone smoking a bowl of selling a bad of weed.

Awesome, so in your world we have the ability to forsee stuff...like the movie minority report. Hmmm, how well would that go over I wonder....we DO get people in the act, or right before the crime occurs, but REALITY i its damn near impossible...but again people like you said you were there and witnessed it and no cops anywhere...yet YOU let it happen...WHY?

Well unless your out killing and stealing, you too are doing gods work by following his 10 commandments...
...or atleast 8..

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I can agree to some extent that a bad attitude can affect the ability to perform an officers job, but if they can't handle working with people then they should look for other work.

Like I said in an earlier post, they show up after the fact most of the time. Its shocking what you think of the constitution in light of our society and the law. Its a bit like saying "we are so far down the river now, the paddle is useless". I agree its complicated, but certainly not for the right reasons.

Just my two cents.

Indeed.

1)They Do handle working with the public for the most part. Putting codes on tickets is in no way a sign that they cant.....

2)Are you arguing that it is a constitutional right to have police show up before a crime is committed? Or that this is a constitutional issue whatsoever? I'd love for you to explain.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I think it comes down to how you were brought up. I couldn't imagine being anything else but pleasant to a cop. Even if he is an AH. Especially if he is. He has the ability to make your day even worse if he wants to. Why go that route? It proves nothing but ignorance. And it's caught on the dash cam. So is the crime if I am not mistaken. I have a few cop friends and they tell funny stories about how they were just going to give a warning and the person started flipping out about the deputy sheriff had no jurisdiction in town, or on the highway. One friend said a guy told him he couldn't write him a ticket. He smiled and said "watch this".

Complain about how bad cops are when they write you a ticket, but when they are protecting you from the crackhead trying to rob you, things seem to change a bit.

Yeah, cause cops protect tons of people from thieving crack heads. Thats garbage, every incident I have ever witnessed and have had reach my ears resulted in loss and injury with the cops showed up after the fact. Cops show up after a woman is raped, a child kidnapped, a house ransacked and man murdered, but just in time to bust someone smoking a bowl of selling a bad of weed.

I am not a fan of cops at all, but your statements here are ridiculous and wrong.

There are various positions within law enforcement, and not all of them are driving around with a starbucks on the dash.

The thing is, though, a cop cant just show up if no crime is committed. They dont have the numbers, not to mention that if they did have the numbers to be on every street corner, thats what they call a police state.

You failed to explain how my statements are ridiculous or wrong. I pointed out a practical truth. You pointed out that there are varieties of functions in law enforcement. I never said there wasn't. I was pointing out how cops are not "protecting us from crack heads robbing people" in someone elses post.

Misunderstanding.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

If thats all you see it looks to me like the only thing you see is what is posted on the news for dramatic affect. You should get out more... its healthy ya know... Soak in a few rays of sunshine... get your vitamin D and stuff goin. The smiley system is widespread and it works. All criminals are patterns of behavior. And it all starts showing in their driving history or other patterns of behavior.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Awesome, so in your world we have the ability to forsee stuff...like the movie minority report. Hmmm, how well would that go over I wonder....we DO get people in the act, or right before the crime occurs, but REALITY i its damn near impossible...but again people like you said you were there and witnessed it and no cops anywhere...yet YOU let it happen...WHY?

Maybe you are hinting on something there... maybe some people watch too much tv and their realities are obscured... which is a very larger part of how criminal minds think.
Interesting...

Cops have a 6'th Sense with years of experiences in realizing what is about to happen, but they do not know it until they start to see it.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everwatcher33

Honestly it's amazing our society even functions; the amount of LE is far out numbered by normal citizens.

This is hardened thinking that leads to abuses of power and the dehumanizing morale bestowed upon people.

Want to clarify this statement? Last I looked they can't make me feel like anything. People in this country aren't as bad off as they would like to make themselves seem.

That's true but it makes a lot of difference when LE try to do their jobs.

I never said anything about not being able to handle people. I said being polite can make things go faster. And generally make your experiences with LE much nicer. Yes some LE are just naturally AH and I have met a few but they are no different than regular people. If regular people can't stand being around LE don't break the law, fair enough?

Like they say people hate the cops till they need them then they love them for those few moments. Good luck making your points. And to those who want to make the argument against it being the law...laws are meant to be interpreted. There are different interpretations every day and that's why we have case precedence. The law is fluid, it changes, and don't go to the constitution because the system we have now is infinitely more complicated then what they had when they created that document.

As a few people including me pointed out they have to show up after the fact most of the time. It's amazing I know, but LE can't instantly be where all the crime is. Generally they have a much larger area to cover than people needed to cover it. Yeah I believe in the constitution but people need to learn that it's a documenet that gets interpreted by who else? But the citizens of the country and the law makers. That means it will never be taken exactly like it was written, it has to adapt hence the admendments. We are far down the river and if people don't want to change with the document then they will get left behind.

Just my two cents.

Indeed.

Back at you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

but again people like you said you were there and witnessed it and no cops anywhere...yet YOU let it happen...WHY?

Because if we do do something, then WE are charged with vigilante laws.

Get rid of those laws and I'll go out hunting all the crack heads you want.

But, then again, YOU'd be out of a job if we were allowed to police our own. Funny how it works out that way, eh?

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yeah, cause cops protect tons of people from thieving crack heads. Thats garbage, every incident I have ever witnessed and have had reach my ears resulted in loss and injury with the cops showed up after the fact.

Well if YOU witnessed it, why didn't YOU stop it from happening? Instead of complaining about response times.

Cops show up after a woman is raped, a child kidnapped, a house ransacked and man murdered, but just in time to bust someone smoking a bowl of selling a bad of weed.

Well unless your out killing and stealing, you too are doing gods work by following his 10 commandments...
...or atleast 8..

I witnessed my friend getting assaulted and me and two others stopped it. The police didn't have to do a thing.

You see, I'm not complaining that cops can't see things before they happen, or don't get there in time. I am saying that police are not there to protect anyone like another poster said they are. They are there more often to police what people are putting in there body (of course, the whole "just doing my job" thing pops up, but I am just pointing out the practical truth here).

LOL, I can agree with the commandment statement.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You failed to explain how my statements are ridiculous or wrong. I pointed out a practical truth. You pointed out that there are varieties of functions in law enforcement. I never said there wasn't. I was pointing out how cops are not "protecting us from crack heads robbing people" in someone elses post.

Misunderstanding.

I absolutely did explain how it was ridiculous and wrong.

You see street cops show up only after theya re called, so you assume that is what most or all law enforcement is.

The thing is, you wont see the other side of law enforcement, the side that is behind the scenes solving crimes and catching criminals from a investigation standpoint.

SO let me pose this question to you:

How is it possible to protect someone from a crime that hasnt been committed?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You must show common respect for all posters. You may disagree, or even openly doubt someone's assertions without starting your posts with a direct description of the person you are addressing. Discuss the OP NOT the person.

I find it encouraging when someone who is directly involved with the subject matter takes time to explain their understanding and practice. Don't discourage that by making them the personal target of your frustration.

We are here to share our perceptions, and generalizations about Police and Law Enforcement personnel is as invalid as generalizations about race, creed, or religion.

Personally, I WANT good peace officers out there. I know that there are peace officers who also want the same thing. Being nasty and confrontational does not improve the situation.

And no, that doesn't mean that there aren't any LE folks out there who lord their 'authority,' 'bully,' or rely on intimidation, seemingly to get a cheap thrill. It does happen, but then, if you had to give yourself a ticket..., how would you treat yourself?

Next time a policeman stops you on your way somewhere, try pretending it's your grandmother.... maybe they won't be inclined to influence the judge with secret notes.....

And for the LE types out there grinding their teeth and checking their blood-pressure, next time you stop someone, for WHATEVER routine traffic violation, try pretending it's your grandmother....

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

but again people like you said you were there and witnessed it and no cops anywhere...yet YOU let it happen...WHY?

But, then again, YOU'd be out of a job if we were allowed to police our own. Funny how it works out that way, eh?

Not true whatsoever. There are plenty of good samaritan laws on the books to protect those who try and help others.

And it isnt vigilantism, unless you are out, actively seeking retribution.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Misunderstanding.

I absolutely did explain how it was ridiculous and wrong.

You see street cops show up only after theya re called, so you assume that is what most or all law enforcement is.

The thing is, you wont see the other side of law enforcement, the side that is behind the scenes solving crimes and catching criminals from a investigation standpoint.

SO let me pose this question to you:

How is it possible to protect someone from a crime that hasnt been committed?

Eh...really? YOU are saying that I am assuming. REALLY now...come on. I don't assume that is what law enforcement is. Some guy in another post, I forget who, said roughly "they complain about cops until they are protecting you from some crack head robbing you". I said that they don't do so BECAUSE they show up after the fact. I never said they should and no way in hell would I want that to happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Not true whatsoever. There are plenty of good samaritan laws on the books to protect those who try and help others.

True story, people often don't do anything when they witness a crime. As far as I know it's called the bystander effect. But it would be diffrerent if you knew the person.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If I show up and your beating on a guy who was trying to rape a woman your getting a handshake...not charged. If you hunt down a guy after you were told he raped someone and have no evidence and kill him or beat him then yes you will be charged...thats common sense.

People tell me all the time how I do nothing but drive around all day, eat donuts, harrass people, etc....and then they say, I could do your job better...well the applications are online and we are hiring so cmon, see first hand the society we live in from my point of view....weird, all those talkin want nothing to do with it when push comes to shove....funny how it works out that way, eh?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fumanchu

First of all, with an outlook like that, it's really no wonder you have the mindset that you do with this situation. I can imagine you're one of those people whose proud to stand up to LEO's and act like that a**hole you are.

Second, if the person is simply doing it to draw attention or prolong the situation, I can actually imagine them being arrested. Obstruction, disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, etc. etc. So I'd imagine YOU would rather be jailed and act like a hero than bite your tongue, be cooperative and probably get yourself a break cut.

Third, when you say, "They should not take it upon themselves to make life more difficult for people simply because they do not like their attitude", that can go both ways. If the person is being a prick and thinks the cop pulled him over for no reason or committed no crime, they should not make life more difficult for the officer.

From what I can ascertain from your posts, you're simply a cop-hater. You'll do anything you can to intentionally put them down and seem worse than they are. Yes, there are bad cops out there, just like there are bad accountants, doctors, lawyers, etc. Grow up and learn that cops are just as helpful as you think they are harmful.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Tell that to the men who have lost in court when a thug comes to rob them and they (the owner) shoots the thug. What happens then?

Pistol-Packing Granny Sued Over Shooting

gothamist.com...

Convicted felon sues party store employees for shooting him during robbery

www.mlive.com...

There are plenty more where those came from.

So, please don't try the "you are allowed because of good samaritan laws" BS because you as well as I know that is one big pile of BS you are trying to load.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join