It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops & Judges Caught Using Secret Codes On Tickets

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
Lame. I don't care what anybody says, your attitude should have ZERO bearing on the application of the laws!!! Being an A-HOLE IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW!!!! So it should make no difference in how you are treated in a court of law!

It has zero bearing, thats the point. What are you in court for? Oh thats right, breaking the law. What is the citation for? Oh thats right, violating the law? The Ahole part is NOT on trial, its just noted that you were an Ahole...again stop confusing the two and stop trying to use one BS excuse to overshadow YOUR VIOLATION of the law.

Did you speed? yes judge, ok guilty pay the fine...thats it

Did you speed? no, judge, ok lets have a hearing and present the evidence. I bring in my radar log book, certification, copy of the citation. We tell our sides of the story...judge either finds you guilty or not guilty....

so where did the AH come into the decision of the judge? I still had to PROVE you violated the law...you being an a@@ on top of a violater is fo my notes...i.e. the ticket.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

More nonsense. if the driver had actually obstructed you, you would have arrested him...saying you would just make a notation in secret for the judge is a lame excuse...you are not being honest here. You would, and you know it, arrest any driver that crossed the line from expressing one's opinion to an actual obstruction. it takes a LOT to actually obstruct, and just because you do not like the CONTENT of their speech does NOT make it right for you to use secret signals...either arrest and charge, or forget it...that professional...but lets face it, most cops are NOt professional, and most WILL use these underhanded means to express their' feelings'..

You are claiming that it is OUR fault for not smiling and bowing and saying ' Yes SIR' at all times...for not thanking you for a ticket...for not recognizing your exalted status in society and not showing that we are all groveling nobodies waiting for your aproval of our conduct..sick.

But, all this is merely your OPINION, and you maybe had a bad day and are pissed off anyway, and some poor slob that doesn't react to you like they are in the presence of royalty gets a frownie on the ticket so the judge knows you are a nasty guy who did not kowtow or bow low enough to satisfy your ego.

Why not just come out in court and say: " Yopur Honor, this driver did not show me the respect I demand from all civilians and so you should convict him and throw the book at him..because I say so...trust me...you CAN trust me, right? WRONG!! Cops lie like we breathe, and so to take a cops word for anything in an exercise in futility...the truth likley lies in the middle of the stories, but the cop wants it all...total acceptance of their story as well as hidden signals to screw a citizen...and you think this is all Ok?? Shame on you and every cop that goes beyond the prescribed limits of your job.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
reply to post by SyphonX

Because when people fight the ticket, one of the first things they do is try to make the judge believe they were somehow wrongly pulled over and cited. The attitude and behavior displayed on the side of the road during the incident ODDLY enough is NOWHERE to be found and then they tell the judge that they were being intimidated, etc....so OUR NOTE lets the judge see that they were the ones AH. Then when the person lies about that we call into evidence the dash cam video.

Why we don't just watch the damn video right away I'll never know, but thats the courts for you.

I am not saying all cops are bad, but every time I am around a cop my stress goes through the roof because of so many bad experiences. I now bought a camera and if I am ever pulled over I got my own camera to catch any BS. I can't trust cops because they have proven to me by there ACTIONS to not be trustworthy or helpful. This code stuff if anything proves it to me that cops are not looking out for their own and seek to punish the “AH”. Since when is it a crime to be a as$****?

DK

[edit on 2-3-2010 by tensetek]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
please god just bring armageddon so we can start over. its been long enough.

that out the way. i read page one, and then two post on page 6. i figured all the stuff between was redundant blabber with the cops making their case that its not a big deal, and just dont act like an ass, people still overwhelmingly disagreeing with the matter at hand, and a few people empathizing who just want to come in and say that, "even if in your little world most of the cops you met were dicks, in my little world, they were great and helpful". you gotta love those post. ha ha.

but yeah, i agree, this is not shocking. people do the same # in customer service call centers, friends do it to friends, bouncers do it at clubs. its just unfortunate, and nothing is going to change. i just hope everything works out well when # hits the fan. it only takes one domino to fall to start the effect. someone will start it, and as times get harder, and people get more and more frustrated with this pathetic state of affairs going on worldwide, you can almost guarantee # will hit the fan one day.

you know, i have worked in a call center environment a couple times doing i.t stuff, and customer service work, and to be honest, as a young adult i didnt purposely try to screw someone else over because they were upset with me over the company and its bullcrap, because i know i have been upset before too about this stuff as a consumer, so i understand. i didnt like the hostile ones sometimes, but who am i to go out my way to screw them over, or post an extra note on account saying they were hostile and rude, which i have seen people do. sometimes we would post if customer is upset, but obviously thats in case they call back, so the next rep is fully aware that this situation might need a supervisor because this customer was upset before.

when i left comcast years ago, they literally had a frowny face, happy face system on their main program you used to pull up and note peoples accounts. this was in the white marsh maryland call center, and im sure they are still using it to this day. but when it comes to police officers doing that, i dont like that #, because im already going in there with my word against yours, vs a judge who has heard it all before and could care less. so i dont need your extra bull# on the back of a ticket to help influence the judge in any way. hell, i may be fine and dandy with being guilty, just trying to get the ticket reduced at least, or probation before judgement, but if the back of the ticket paints me as hostile, the judge might be like, eh, screw you, try being chill next time. especially if the judge has any hidden bias or prejudice towards me already, i dont need anything extra crap making the judge look at me and go, eh, # off.

common sense people, but thats very much lacking nowadays. no shocker. ats is filled with idiots, and they are just examples of the bigger amount of idiots out there that actually exist. good times. keep writing smiley faces and codes on the back of tickets,and getting exposed for it. please continue. its great. we all love it, because you would love that too. oh wait, it doesnt matter if your an officer, because you guys dont knock each other anyways. ha ha. what a bunch of crap. i hate you all

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Lame. I don't care what anybody says, your attitude should have ZERO bearing on the application of the laws!!! Being an A-HOLE IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW!!!! So it should make no difference in how you are treated in a court of law!

It has zero bearing, thats the point. What are you in court for? Oh thats right, breaking the law. What is the citation for? Oh thats right, violating the law? The Ahole part is NOT on trial, its just noted that you were an Ahole...again stop confusing the two and stop trying to use one BS excuse to overshadow YOUR VIOLATION of the law.

Did you speed? yes judge, ok guilty pay the fine...thats it

Did you speed? no, judge, ok lets have a hearing and present the evidence. I bring in my radar log book, certification, copy of the citation. We tell our sides of the story...judge either finds you guilty or not guilty....

so where did the AH come into the decision of the judge? I still had to PROVE you violated the law...you being an a@@ on top of a violater is fo my notes...i.e. the ticket.

So, your notes now are for YOUR edification eh? Not to let the judge know..but just for your own notes..right? Haha! Do you think we are all stupid? If you didn't want the judge to see it you would not put it there...you are not being honest again...but thats no suprise for a cop. Dishonesty is just another tool in your belt for harrassment and illegal communication of forbidden testimony in court.

It is HIDDEN like it is because it is NOT legal to bring this crap and opinion up in court...the attorney would eat the cop alive if he tried, so they SNEAK it in...typical cop conduct, break any rule necessary as long as you get your revenge and satisfaction at gaming the system...shame on you doubly.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
More nonsense. if the driver had actually obstructed you, you would have arrested him...saying you would just make a notation in secret for the judge is a lame excuse...you are not being honest here. You would, and you know it, arrest any driver that crossed the line from expressing one's opinion to an actual obstruction. it takes a LOT to actually obstruct, and just because you do not like the CONTENT of their speech does NOT make it right for you to use secret signals...either arrest and charge, or forget it...that professional...but lets face it, most cops are NOt professional, and most WILL use these underhanded means to express their' feelings'..

You obviously haven't read up on obstruction in the state of GA. Why in the world would I want to arrest some dumba@@ and spend a few hours doing paperwork on something minor. Obstruction on a traffic stop is a hell of alot different then obstruction during an investigation....you assume alot...who has 9 years LEO experiance here...oh ok gotch ya!

You are claiming that it is OUR fault for not smiling and bowing and saying ' Yes SIR' at all times...for not thanking you for a ticket...for not recognizing your exalted status in society and not showing that we are all groveling nobodies waiting for your aproval of our conduct..sick.

Really, where did I say you had to bow down and say sir? This is your own immature response because well..you have nothing more to give.

But, all this is merely your OPINION, and you maybe had a bad day and are pissed off anyway, and some poor slob that doesn't react to you like they are in the presence of royalty gets a frownie on the ticket so the judge knows you are a nasty guy who did not kowtow or bow low enough to satisfy your ego.

Wow, you figured it out...the secret is out of the bag! Again, your assumtions are humorous.

Why not just come out in court and say: " Yopur Honor, this driver did not show me the respect I demand from all civilians and so you should convict him and throw the book at him..because I say so...trust me...you CAN trust me, right? WRONG!! Cops lie like we breathe, and so to take a cops word for anything in an exercise in futility...the truth likley lies in the middle of the stories, but the cop wants it all...total acceptance of their story as well as hidden signals to screw a citizen...and you think this is all Ok?? Shame on you and every cop that goes beyond the prescribed limits of your job.

Well SOMEONE had a bad experiance...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Thanks for taking time to answer. I'd simply suggest that if you are going to write a note about someone being Adam Henry, you should also make one if they are nice. I know you said those guys don't usually get tickets, but in the event that they do, it'd be nice to see that.

Saying that, you seem like a fair enough guy that when asked in court you would be honest and tell the truth. Also, most people who are nice and polite know they were wrong and will just pay it anyways.

On a different note, I commend you for defending yourself and your profession. Law enforcement as a career has been on my mind as of late, and seeing decent officers makes it more attractive. We all know their are bad apples, it just sucks that some people seem to have an agenda to make all of yall out to be that.

I have been pulled over twice, and had to deal with police out of a vehicle on 2 occasions. Once I deserved the ticket, the other was an insurance thing and the trooper showed me how to get it fixed. The others were noise complaints and they could not have possibly been nicer.

Keep up the good work

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
So, your notes now are for YOUR edification eh? Not to let the judge know..but just for your own notes..right? Haha! Do you think we are all stupid? If you didn't want the judge to see it you would not put it there...you are not being honest again...but thats no suprise for a cop. Dishonesty is just another tool in your belt for harrassment and illegal communication of forbidden testimony in court.

I never said it wasn't for the judge to see...of course he/she will see it. Are they making thier decision based off it is the argument. An argument I am saying isn't happening. Why, bcause I still have to prove the violation...not just say he was an a@@ find him guitly. You of course are all pissed off about who knows what and won't view it that way. Kinda sad to live so angry, but hey.

It is HIDDEN like it is because it is NOT legal to bring this crap and opinion up in court...the attorney would eat the cop alive if he tried, so they SNEAK it in...typical cop conduct, break any rule necessary as long as you get your revenge and satisfaction at gaming the system...shame on you doubly.

Really, show me where its illegal? And its on the front of the ticket...meaning the defense attroney has it too. Plus why don't defense attorney's argue the "codes"? Because they aren't illegal and have no bearing on whether or not their client drove like an idiot. See how that works?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

You must really like driving fast Mr. Police, if you can do it, why shouldn't everyone else?

And even if you are driving crazy does not in any way mean you are aggressive or Hostile. If that is what you were saying..

Drivers who put other people in danger are most definitely aggressive and hostile. I personally wish the cops would start enforcing reckless endangerment laws more.

Many people seem to forget that the things you do while driving effect EVERYONE in the immediate area, and often times they effect those that you cannot even see.

I always have a good laugh at those who want to whine and complain about getting caught in traffic, because they are generally the ones swerving to get one car length ahead, waiting until the lane ends to merge, cutting people off, etc. How do people think traffic is caused?

And for the record: Blinkers are not for the person driving the car. They are for the people in the cars AROUND you.

end of rant.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here's my story: In 1982 TMALSS, I had an incident with a drunk driver that required court action where he was convicted but my lawyer acted like I was at fault. Then, 2 yrs later, as a bouncer/host in a hopping dance bar, I had to eject a rowdy patron. He received some rough attention. (at the time I was 190 lbs he was 210). He complained, the cops dismissed it because I gave him ample time and grace to "please leave, come back tomorrow, but you gotta go" (I was wearing a 3 pc suit).
He went to the JP (Sarnia, Ontario, Canada) swore on a Bible (he from a the most prominent faith in Ontario) that x,x x, happened. We went to court (I counter charged him after he charged me) his freinds and witnesses agreed with everything I said, he was convicted and I was acquitted. On the spot...the judge gave Paul an Absolute Discharge (no record of anything ever happening). At this point I start to have ill-will towards the justice system.
Move ahead 6yrs and I need to evict a tenent and once again TMALSS, She claims that I threatend to hit her. Cop believe her (got a traffic ticket from the one guy shortly before this). Case ends up getting thrown out for lack of evidence....even though the only other witness was her hostile (to me) daughter. Almost unprecedented to have this happened . In Ontario, should a woman accuse a man of assault, it RARELY does not go to court....whatever the evidence.
OK, now two yrs later I'm accused once again by a woman in a bar of assaulting her, even though I was only holding her arms so she wouldn't hit me. I was drunk and obnoxious but guarantee that I knew from my 3 previous episodes that I wasn't about to get into any scrum.
Nothing happened with the police that night (weren't even called)...but 2 days later Const. H-----s asks me to come into the station and give my version of the incident. I did...he laughed...said "that's your story?" . I related that "that's exactly what happened". He charged me on the spot. I knew people that were in the bar that had witnessed everything...had them give a statment to the Crown Attorney and once again..IT WAS THROWN OUT. Unprecented!! I had to do THAT cops job to receive justice.
And I"m no rich, connected person!!

Now by this time in life, I can't stand confrontation in any form with the constabulary. My vocation at this time had me serving men and women in the police force. And I know that there are far and away many more good cops than bad BUT unlike bad teachers, bad engineers, bad waiters, ONE bad cop is, one bad cop too many.

So sometimes good cops meet angry people...but there could be a history behind their hostility. So if they're just being assholes to you and you're tilting the "balance" of blind justice...does that make you a good cop or a bad cop?

BTW. Through a lot of soul searching (not just over this issue) I realize I have been wrong to be angry with police (or anyone....anger is poison!!). I will never give a cop a bad time again should I ever have a reason to encounter one. God Bless 'em, but don't deny the horrendous affect that bad cops have on civilization.

Anger is poison to you, too. God Bless you and I hope I've given you something to consider.

Jason

[edit on 2-3-2010 by hthjason]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

As a driver who used to have a terrible ticket history and later reformed, I have an appreciation for how unexpectedly reasonable the legal system is. By and large most citations I ever got were justified, I was in fact speeding or somehow misunderstood an intersection that was a stop but looked like a yield, etc.

And in a substantial number of cases the system allowed me to dodge a ticket.

The appeal process is not meant to maximize your chances to get off a ticket, it is meant to cover for cases of discrimination or incompetency from legal enforcement, and yet, the system has a substantial amount of forgiveness built in for first offenders, people with reasonable excuses, and people with extremely stressful lives (say the guy driving his pregnant wife to an ultrasound who didn't have his inspection sticker up to date)

If anything, my experience has been that the appeals process tends to err on the side of forgiveness, BY FAR.

So if anything is unfair, it may be how forgiveness is handed out, but in those cases that forgiveness is not handed out it is, at least in my experience, legal and fair.

For the record, I am a minority, a male, and a driver of a sports car. I have all the factors that could maximize unfair treatment, and yet, I have, at least so far, been treated fairly. If a smiley face on my ticket increases my chances to get out of having to pay it (and in fact in many cases it does) then all the power to me.

If you don't have any plans to treat a cop disrespectfully while they are trying doing their job (or any person in any other profession), then chances are this system works to your advantage.

Again, I consider myself fortunate that this has been *my personal experience*. But if anybody else's experience is different, then, that's really unfortunate.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

p.s. The bottom line is, if you think their attitude matters so much then why do you have to use a secret code to the judge for that? Just write it down on their copy.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by K J Gunderson]

I had a cop put a smiley face on my ticket and I asked him what the hell it was for. He didnt say anything and just walked away... The ticket was for rearending someone... not really ticket ticket as im being AH
but he put it on the front and I was aware of it, and this was in Dekalb Co. Georgia

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No but it's against the generally accepted rules of polite society.
Don't be an A-hole if you don't need to be.

[edit on 3/2/2010 by Everwatcher33]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

But your attitude does have a bearing on the application of the law. If a cop pulls you over and you're belligerent, even going so far as to rip up a ticket, it's not unheard of for a cop to charge said person with obstruction of justice. You're right though, being an a@@hole is not against the law, but you'd better be ready to accept the consequences of behaving that way to someone whether it's to a cop or a server in a restaurant that could easily do unimaginable things to your steak.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

No, of course it's not illegal.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

Thanks for taking time to answer. I'd simply suggest that if you are going to write a note about someone being Adam Henry, you should also make one if they are nice. I know you said those guys don't usually get tickets, but in the event that they do, it'd be nice to see that.

He actually did state that in an earlier post if I recall. If they are polite they get a smiley face.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabalis

Also to redwookie...

Someone being hostile and aggressive towards an authority figure shows that the same person is an aggressive individual... such an individual is the type cops pick up most... To me its just an early warning indicator

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everwatcher33

No but it's against the generally accepted rules of polite society.
Don't be an A-hole if you don't need to be.

[edit on 3/2/2010 by Everwatcher33]

Not to mention the fact that an ahole, or someone who is beligerent to a cop is far more likely to do it again.

If you are getting the ticket, and you committed the offense, then a code isnt about whether or not you are guilty. It is about whether or not the ticket should stick.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I appreciate the responses to all the posts, but you sadly are fighting a losing battle. Most people here are angry from bad experiences it seems. The are a few who bring up legitimate points and I'm happy to see that. Most however just want to bash cops outright or the law outright because in some way they think they have been wronged.

Honestly it's amazing our society even functions; the amount of LE is far out numbered by normal citizens. People want to complain about cops attitudes, yet will not look at their own. People don't want to see that they are part of the problem as well as some cops. I've heard the argument here that it doesn't matter how you act it shouldn't do have any bearing on a guilt. That's true but it makes a lot of difference when LE try to do their jobs.

Like they say people hate the cops till they need them then they love them for those few moments. Good luck making your points. And to those who want to make the argument against it being the law...laws are meant to be interpreted. There are different interpretations every day and that's why we have case precedence. The law is fluid, it changes, and don't go to the constitution because the system we have now is infinitely more complicated then what they had when they created that document. Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I think it comes down to how you were brought up. I couldn't imagine being anything else but pleasant to a cop. Even if he is an AH. Especially if he is. He has the ability to make your day even worse if he wants to. Why go that route? It proves nothing but ignorance. And it's caught on the dash cam. So is the crime if I am not mistaken. I have a few cop friends and they tell funny stories about how they were just going to give a warning and the person started flipping out about the deputy sheriff had no jurisdiction in town, or on the highway. One friend said a guy told him he couldn't write him a ticket. He smiled and said "watch this".

Complain about how bad cops are when they write you a ticket, but when they are protecting you from the crackhead trying to rob you, things seem to change a bit.

Yeah, cause cops protect tons of people from thieving crack heads. Thats garbage, every incident I have ever witnessed and have had reach my ears resulted in loss and injury with the cops showed up after the fact. Cops show up after a woman is raped, a child kidnapped, a house ransacked and man murdered, but just in time to bust someone smoking a bowl of selling a bad of weed.

They're doing Gods work alright...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join