It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops & Judges Caught Using Secret Codes On Tickets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Well, normally I'd say that this is an outrage, but, well, when I got pulled over and only for my taillights being out, I was so apologetic, I really didn't know they had gone out it was an electrical problem, so anyway, I was like,OMG I didn't drive all week and blah blah blah so sorry blah blah blah and the cop was so nice, well I got lucky he probably put a nice smiley face on the ticket and that's why I didn't have any trouble just paying it and not being Effed with after that incident...so in my situation, this was to my advantage, can't complain, so meh...it pays to truly be a nice person...and have a good attitude. If you don't; just like with what you say; it can and will be used against you.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am very cool and polite when pulled over.

Until there officer gives me some lame reason like telling me i was weaving.
this is common on highway 395 between LA Calif and Reno Calif in Inyo and mono counties. usually late at night.

They will ask where you are going.(never say Reno) and then want your permission to search your vehicle. even though there is no smell of alcohol or pot to give probable cause.(i allways say no to the search but stay cool and calm)

I know what they are doing is trying to shake down drivers for drugs and cause to take any money the people have for gambling in Reno.

So far these cops do not want to push it and let me go without any tickets or the search.

I do play a trick on these cops and when i traveled this route i carried my DL in my firefighter/EMT badge case where they could get a glance at the badge when i took out my DL.
None ever ask about the badge but my plate frame showed i was a firefighter/EMT.
ep.yimg.com...

Do cops let firefighters/EMT off easy on tickets,
Yes because they understand they may need help from us someday.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I know you are not an emotionless robot, which is why I still assert that emotions- both yours and the driver's HAS to be left out of the equation. No citizen deserves to face a biased court because YOU were having a bad day and wrote AH on the citation. Why can't you see this? YOUR emotions vary and different standards are being applied for the same actions!!!! How can you not see this is wrong?

And I DO hold you to a higher standard than the some scum breather from the bottom of the human barrel. You have been trained by the academy to control yourself and handle situations in the correct manner. You dang well better be able to control your emotions better than an untrained scumbucket, or you are in the wrong career field!

And let me just say that for every video you link to towards 'proving' your point there is an equally appalling one showing abuse by an LEO. Best not go there, because it clouds the real issue- which is the punishment should not be determined by emotion.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
I know you are not an emotionless robot, which is why I still assert that emotions- both yours and the driver's HAS to be left out of the equation. No citizen deserves to face a biased court because YOU were having a bad day and wrote AH on the citation.

Again, I am not writing AH on a ticket because I am having a bad day. I am writing it on the ticket because they acted like the fools from the videos I posted. Which stems from them breaking the law and being pissed that they got caught.

Why can't you see this? YOUR emotions vary and different standards are being applied for the same actions!!!! How can you not see this is wrong?

See what, that I am simply writing you a ticket for breaking the law and someone decides they are going to lose control. So when they lose control I simply note it in the remarks section of the citation. Thats it. I don't say your guitly, it doesn't make them guilty, they don't pay extra, etc....your ASSUMING I get emotional because their acting like fools. NOOOO, I am again simply noting it. Thats all...

And I DO hold you to a higher standard than the some scum breather from the bottom of the human barrel. You have been trained by the academy to control yourself and handle situations in the correct manner. You dang well better be able to control your emotions better than an untrained scumbucket, or you are in the wrong career field!

And I do, how does writing AH equate to losing my cool? It is no comparison.

And let me just say that for every video you link to towards 'proving' your point there is an equally appalling one showing abuse by an LEO. Best not go there, because it clouds the real issue- which is the punishment should not be determined by emotion.

Again you want to focus on NON topic issues like most people who have to find fault on the cops and not on the violaters. The videos are SPECIFIC to this topic and why codes are written on tickets. Nothing secret about it, and if you watch the three videos and put yourself in OUR shoes, you can see why we would note in the remarks about the drivers behavior. Again, has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.

And the real issue...the real issue is the DRIVERS emotion, not the cops. Why can't YOU get that. The punishment should be and IS made by the violation. The codes or whatever you want to call them is a peice of the puzzle if someone decides to fight the charge and say BS in front of the judge. They will deny the behavior JUST like the violation....i.e. credability. EVERY citizen, cops included, have to have it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Oh and the AH I put on my tickets is on the front, so the driver gets it on their copy too.

And did you explain to the victim of your arbitrary judgment exactly what your AH meant?

I have to ask, is this third grade? Are you the playground cop? Everyone has to deal with bad attitudes every day. The rest of us just take it and blow it off as part of being human, but you feel that somehow because your wear that uniform everyone has to be sweetness and light to you? Grow up. People are a*holes. Deal with it. Write the ticket for the laws that have been broken and leave the rest in kindergarten where it belongs.

WRONG we do not have to deal with it, that's entirely WRONG!!!!! Let me tell you this story, there was a woman in the wal mart where I was a cashier who went into the next line over from mine she was beligerent and throwing things on the counter, screaming expletives, so bad customer's in my line stopped what they were doing and looked I turned around and watched looking at the lady like she should be tazered, you know what I said "if I ever see her come into my line, I will shut off my light and go to the ladies'room, I will leave" and guess what that's just what I did I refused to wait on her when she returned...and I never got in trouble for having to go to the bathroom when seeing her, none of the cashiers wanted to wait on her, why should we?

[edit on 1-3-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Sigh.....

It is unjust because the judge will be per-disposed to distrust what the citizen is saying in court because of your interpretation of the citizen's attitude.And then will determine how the case will be handled.

It is unjust because a citizen may say something to you on a good day and you will shrug it off. Another citizen will say the exact same thing to you on a bad day and you will make a note on the ticket that will influence how the judge sees the case.

I believe that any reasonable person will see that this is unjust.

I'm sorry you do not.

I'm sorrier for the public whom you are protecting and serving that you do not.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I have NO idea what you mean by this....please clarify

I'm just saying why should you have the right to speed and not others, even if it is based on conditions really doesn't matter. If cops are allowed to speed chasing criminals then to me they are risking people's lives as much as the criminals.

No what it means is AFTER I stop someone for the violation, they freak out on the side of the road saying they didn't do it, they call me names, they refuse to sign the citation, they rip up the citation, threaten law suits, and all sorts of other entertaining things.....usually a whole lot of cussing and useless babble.

Sweet that explains it, I misunderstood you on this one.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by FortAnthem

Usually those who get codes on their citations KNOW why they are there. Almost ever AH citation I ever wrote was fought by the driver. Then my dash cam video was shown in court and the driver just hung his/her head and USUALLY apaologized for how they acted on scene. I have come to find out that those who act like that on stops are people who "know people" or are VERY self absorbed and tend to be quite spoiled in life. Just the way it is I guess.

As for the UNIT one from Chicago, I agree that would be wrong. Race and Sex really means NOTHING when it comes to a ticket....just your attitude and violation.

Thing is, those AH's are people that, while performing an unlawful act, do not deserve to be judged on character, but instead on the violation. Especially true right now when the penalty is an expensive ticket resulting in a ruined day and less food on the table. I get the feeling anyone who talks to a cop like a "regular" civilian will often get treated differently. Those who act like scared children (confused with respect a lot) get a fair shake more of the time.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
none of the cashiers wanted to wait on her, why should we?

Because that is your job?

The correct course of action would be immediately call the supervisor and have the customer removed from the store. The supervisor can also ban the customer from the store in the future, which will solve the whole problem instead of placing yourself at risk of punishment for not doing your job.

If the supervisor doesn't handle the situation, then i'm sure you have ways and means of correcting that situation also.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Double tapped it!

Sorry all

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Montana]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I for one would just like to thank you for being out there every day putting your life on the line in order to keep the rest of us safe. I think other's that are being so critical of you should stop and think a little about just exactly what you risk every day.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It is unjust because the judge will be per-disposed to distrust what the citizen is saying in court because of your interpretation of the citizen's attitude.And then will determine how the case will be handled.

The judge doesn't base it off my or any officers notes. They base it off the PC for the traffic stop. Without PC it doesn't matter WHAT we write in the remarks section...say BYE to that ticket and your reputation....so its quite irrelevant for the judge. Again the notes are for us, so when said citizen claims one thing, we can show the total opposite.

It is unjust because a citizen may say something to you on a good day and you will shrug it off. Another citizen will say the exact same thing to you on a bad day and you will make a note on the ticket that will influence how the judge sees the case.

Your assuming that we handle it the way you do or the way you think we do. How do YOU know how I take cuss words? How do you know how I take having a citation ripped up? What ONE cop may have done ISN'T how we all do it. My notes are for MY reasons, theirs are...well their reasons. And again, the judge decides based on LAW and PC...not on emotion, so it goes back to the notes being nothing more than for OUR use.

I believe that any reasonable person will see that this is unjust.

I'm sorry you do not.

I'm sorrier for the public whom you are protecting and serving that you do not.

Again how? You violate the law. You go off the handle. I have PC for the traffic stop. I stop you, you get a ticket. You either pay it or fight it. Either way I have to have PC for a citation. I don't have it, I lose. Judge decides this..not on my AH or another cops smiley face.

And your inability to see that my notes DON'T influence or supercede LAW is where you should feel sorry.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

yeah they refused to do that (management) I then refused to do the job, heh, I quit, because more often than not, in that particular area, I won't go into details, but most of the clientele were welfare recipients and they all pretty much had the same attitude as the said young lady, they sucked, I am now changing carreers.

hence, we do not have to tolerate it, there's always a way to gt away from it whether you change areas you work in or entire careers, but just remember if too many cops decide to change careers where does it leave us... and if they tell opthers why they left, maybe no more enlisted cops enter the force, that could pose problems, they get paid far too little to be someones' punching bag (figuritively of course).

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Atleast I put my "codes" on the front of the ticket...

I only use codes if your acting like an idiot. Sorry but if you blow a stop sign, are doing 85 in a 50, or pass on a double yellow making other motorists swirve, etc....I have NO sympathy for you and definitly will note on the ticket if your being an AH driver. Blows my mind how some people have complete disregard for not just the law but fellow drivers....then have the nerve to act like the cops are in the wrong.

Are some tickets BS and should never have been written? YES I agree 100%, but I cannot speak for those officers. As for me, you have to have blantant disregard, and when you do, don't complain and be a whiney a@@, just take your ticket and face YOUR wrong doing.

p.s. AH stands for Aggressive & Hostile, not AHOLE...haha...for all of you assuming...

I think I agree with this guy.

If you get a ticket, it's your own damn fault. If you got a problem with cops doing this, then DON"T GET A TICKET. It's not the difficult folks.

Or even if you do - be nice.

Wow, that was simple.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread...Im really not surprised at all. Theres this part of me that wants to agree with the corruption comments, the conspiracy idea, and that whole "good ol' boys" attitude.

In alot of ways it is an abuse of the system and their power as cops...but when I look at it from their point of view it is easy to see how this sort of thing could seem totally warranted.

The truth is there are alot of A-holes out there and while law enforcement attracts a large amount of them it seems there are even larger numbers living amongst us normal folk - which is why this whole coding thing makes sense in a really f&cked up kind of way.

Makes me wish I was an attractive woman. Kind of.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Wow. Just wow. I have not posted in a good three months but had to jump in here. After three pages of this rcwj1975 still has absolutely no idea that it is NOT HIS JOB to write ANYTHING other than the info in the ticket as required. ANYTHING ELSE leads to bias and YES, as every human being on the face of the earth can attest, we have all had BAD days. Stop trying to influence anything when you are NOT TRAINED to do so (have you had any psychiatric classes lately?) and furthermore, you insult me and any decent person by making YOUR OWN CALL. Honestly, I have read many of your comments previously and thought you to be a pretty smart person, but this simply shows the light that yes, indeed, you feel above the law. Too bad as many others will use your obvious ignorance of law to torment you here...really pathetic this is being defended by a cop.

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jibblin

What? You are obviously 13. Wait until you get a ticket for no reason.
I love people who say, "Well, who cares if we have cameras in our houses recording everything we do? As long as you aren't doing something illegal what do have to worry about?" Demon seed, y'all.

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Your assuming that we handle it the way you do or the way you think we do. How do YOU know how I take cuss words? How do you know how I take having a citation ripped up? What ONE cop may have done ISN'T how we all do it. My notes are for MY reasons, theirs are...well their reasons. And again, the judge decides based on LAW and PC...not on emotion, so it goes back to the notes being nothing more than for OUR use.

Again how? You violate the law. You go off the handle. I have PC for the traffic stop. I stop you, you get a ticket. You either pay it or fight it. Either way I have to have PC for a citation. I don't have it, I lose. Judge decides this..not on my AH or another cops smiley face.

And your inability to see that my notes DON'T influence or supercede LAW is where you should feel sorry.

I am assuming that you are human. I suppose I could be wrong but I don't think so. It is a fact that humans interpret everything around them differently according to the emotional state they are in.

You are correct that your interpretation of the citizen's attitude doesn't change the law. As to whether it has any bearing on the treatment of the case in court, the chief judge in the video seems to disagree with you as do the lawyers and city officials involved.

I have the utmost respect for those among us who willing place themselves between the population and harm. I back those of them who are trustworthy to the hilt. I have never raised my voice to an officer of the law, and never will. I HAVE taken others to task for treating LEO's badly, and have offered to be a witness for the officer in a couple of cases where he was being unjustly accused by a citizen. You seem to think that I am against LEO's in general, and nothing could be further from the truth.

The problem is that you seem to think that because you are an LEO (voluntarily, I assume), we, the citizens, should be punished for making you mad. Up to the point of breaking the law in some way, I disagree.

I can see that you have hard feelings about this subject and I'm sorry to have caused you distress by disagreeing with you, but it is my strong opinion that you are very wrong on this issue. Judgment and interpretation belong in the courts, not on the street.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

I for one would just like to thank you for being out there every day putting your life on the line in order to keep the rest of us safe. I think other's that are being so critical of you should stop and think a little about just exactly what you risk every day.

Thanks.

Taking great risks does not give you the right to abuse your position or overstep your authority. His job is to protect and serve. The reason for court is because it is not the cops job to judge. There are lots of people the do dangerous jobs and they all deserve a bit of respect for willing to risk their lives but if they are doing it for the wrong reasons and using it to abuse the people they are supposed to serve then it nullifies all that respect.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

that is bad dude,
some people are just general butt wipes but that is no justification for you to influence the decision of a court hearing by coding traffic tickets or any other tickets.

people get what they deserve in court, and you ain't the judge.
if the sentence is light then that is the courts decision and should not be tinkered with by a discruntled cop.... i'd say that the people your busting are even more discruntled than you when you get a little disrespect.... its power tripping.

[edit on 1/3/10 by spearhead]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join