It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREE TRADE - good as advertised - or death of local trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If you have been paying attention over the last 20 years, you've heard the arguments that Free Trade is Good. the free flow of goods, etc. etc...
after reviewing this movie
www.youtube.com...
I overlayed the downfall of the average worker in America to this WTO trade
... and guess what, I can show you news report after news report saying the
exact opposite of our experience with these Free Trade Pacts... the rich get
richer and everyone gets poor... its sounds real good but the deals are like
one sided... they supply we consume ourselves right out of a standard of living.

Lets hear your side of the story... I'm waiting~!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

It's happening right now. In fact, it will soon be completed if we don't jack up tariffs on our imports.

The greatest redistribution of wealth is about to happen. The middle class has pretty much lost all of it.

It all sits at the top now.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
In my opinion, the absolute most insidious part of this Orwellian wording, is how few people understand the basic concept that "free trade" agreements are neither "free", nor "trade". When the government steps in to make one whining, sniveling, party "more equal" than others (sometimes they even issue subsidies based not on one group asking for it, and just because they think its right) then the only end result of all following subsidies can be the snow-ball effect that has created the current disillusionment with a true Free Trade/Market society.

Very simply put, TRUE Free Trade ceases to be either free or trade the very second the government steps in to "regulate"......

new topics

join