It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the Rover get over THIS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This youtube user is determine to expose NASA as being a fraud! LOVE IT! Anyhow he has many interesting videos, and some not so interesting. He just posted a video few days ago asking a VERY obvious question, which makes you ask a lot of question!

HOW did the Mars Rover get over this LARGE object (rock/metal as he claims)?

Here's the video:

Source image: (Descent from the Summit of 'Husband Hill'
13-Dec-2005)
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Photo of Mars Rover:
science.nasa.gov...

If this photo does show the proper path as the NASA website claims;

- The wheels are too short to be able to move above this object!
- Object is too rough to climb over (also note there are Rover path through it)
- Object was put there after! (how?)
- This entire thing is staged and it was an accidentally put there!
- Entire thing is Photoshoped and left in the photo by accident!

Anyhow if this is the true path of the rover, this should make you wonder what is really going on up there... or down here!

Ps. If you don't like the music, don't complain.. mute it. Focus on subject matter!

[edit on 1-3-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I assume that your confident that the rover cannot make its body rise to avoid such objects? I don't know if its fixed or if they can make it rise and fall. Do you know?

Odd that it is filming its own tracks if it does show something that we shouldn't see?

I'm amazed at peoples efforts in studying all things brought to us by dodgy NASA

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Great find.

This is why I love ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The object is actually two rocks. The flatter rock in the foreground was low enough for the rover to drive over and the pointed rock behind it was outside the rover's tracks.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The rover has a top speed on flat hard ground of 5 centimeters (2 inches) per second. However, in order to ensure a safe drive, the rover is equipped with hazard avoidance software that causes the rover to stop and reassess its location every few seconds. So, over time, the vehicle achieves an average speed of 1 centimeter per second. The rover is programmed to drive for roughly 10 seconds, then stop to observe and understand the terrain it has driven into for 20 seconds, before moving safely onward for another 10 seconds.

Those tracks you are looking at could be could be old and it may be that a rock was blown there from elsewhere. Also the rovers rocker design does allow it to go over rocks.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AntManBee

Good theory.. but!

It looks like a ONE piece object to me, look at the other rocks close by, very similar looking with a bit of tint, also I don't see where the front/rear rock apart. Note, the shadow (dark spot, rock in the front) must be beneath the rock above it.. meaning that the so called front rock has to have a surface area to have shadow beneath it, but even if there is a rock behind the smaller one.. the rock behind is still on the path.. and not outside of track!

Edit: added few more notes

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

My assumption is the same.. that rover can NOT rise itself.. it's a fixed! Can someone please confirm this?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
Odd that it is filming its own tracks if it does show something that we shouldn't see?

The rovers do spend a lot of time looking at their own tracks, the soil has been disturbed by the action of the wheels, it's a very useful source of data - the one that broke a wheel has been interesting, cos it drags it it makes a grove in the soil, NASA got a few unexpected interesting bits of information from that.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
That object looks like a darth vader helmet...NASA have been up there secretly filming starwars 10

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The rovers have ground clearance of 1 foot.

www.blogcdn.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage... it would great to find out the height of that one rock!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So just off the top of my head, that's just a rock. And what took the pictures of the rovers tracks? It could've been the rover its self, but why travel an area, and take pictures of it after it had allready been in the area taking pictures? and I dont see any useful data that could be gathered from taking pictures of its own tracks so far away, not saying there isnt any, I just dont see it. Someone help me out?

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Sippy Cup]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Since the rover passed over it...less than 1 foot. But you should be able to find it in the hazcam images when it did drive over it. The trick is finding the right day.
marsrover.nasa.gov...

For example:

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

It wasn't "taking a picture of its tracks". It's a 360º panorama of the area. Kind of hard to miss your own tracks when you do that.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well,it is possible the object was lying more flat and the rover passed over it something caught on the object and flipped it up on its side.

I have been out on exercises and we have done this in tactical vehicles.

Just because that is the orientation of the rock when the photo was taken does not mean it was always positioned like that.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right, but my comment is let's find out approx. HOW large the rock in question is! In this photo, it looks much larger then anything you see on the track!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Fair enough, but if this is a large rock, I don't think Rover has enough power to move such heavy rock beneath it! Unless it's smaller rock... then it looks! This is why we need to find out, what size the rock is based on it's distance from camera, shadow, comparative analysis, etc...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

If you can find the right day (sorry, I'm not going to work on it but the panorama was taken on sol 672 so that narrows it down a little) you could get a rough idea of the size by comparing it to the tracks.

That won't work very well with the distant image because of the perspective.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

As you can see here the rover has no problems getting over rocks. But if you look close enough im sure someone will point out all the ancient structures,tanks and aliens that are there in the rocks.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
HOW did the Mars Rover get over this LARGE object (rock/metal as he claims)?

Well, I gotta ask the obvious question:
How high is that rock, and what is the clearance of the rover?

EDIT TO ADD:
I see that Phage has given the rover clearance (1 foot)...so how much higher than 1 foot are you saying that rock is? I think it's a difficult to tell if it's higher than 1 foot. What method of measurement did you use?

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join