It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just want to take a shot at scientists about panic warnings...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why do they get so much press? All they do is create panic and cause already stupid animals [people] to become even more stupid.

Example the recent Tsunami warnings put out across the planet a few days ago. They had alarms going off all over the place and for what? NOTHING...

All this waste of energy for absolutely nothing, the Earthquake happened and was over and like some dushbag trying to steal the limelight they then come forward and say oh there's Tsunamis coming all over the world...

These morons don't know what is going to happen any more than your grandmother sitting in her rocking chair, yet they still get all this funding and get to creep around down in laboratories wasting money and always being "wrong"...

I said there would be no Tsunami's due to the fact that the waves are affected by distance and resistances etc...

We'll get hit by an Asteroid yes, but like the guy that gets hit from behind we won't see it coming it'll all just be chance.

We'll never detect Aliens until their motivations are clear i.e. they reveal themselves to us for a reason...

We'll never find Bigfoot, because the forest is full of wild bears that can stand on their hindlegs.

I can go on forever, but i got to end this before the internet crashes. See i can even pred ict tha t t oo. ..

End rant...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
Why do they get so much press? All they do is create panic and cause already stupid animals [people] to become even more stupid.

Example the recent Tsunami warnings put out across the planet a few days ago. They had alarms going off all over the place and for what? NOTHING...

All this waste of energy for absolutely nothing, the Earthquake happened and was over and like some dushbag trying to steal the limelight they then come forward and say oh there's Tsunamis coming all over the world...

These morons don't know what is going to happen any more than your grandmother sitting in her rocking chair, yet they still get all this funding and get to creep around down in laboratories wasting money and always being "wrong"...

I said there would be no Tsunami's due to the fact that the waves are affected by distance and resistances etc...

We'll get hit by an Asteroid yes, but like the guy that gets hit from behind we won't see it coming it'll all just be chance.

We'll never detect Aliens until their motivations are clear i.e. they reveal themselves to us for a reason...

We'll never find Bigfoot, because the forest is full of wild bears that can stand on their hindlegs.

I can go on forever, but i got to end this before the internet crashes. See i can even pred ict tha t t oo. ..

End rant...

I think that you answered your own question with your opening observation

"Why do they get so much press? All they do is create panic and cause already stupid animals [people] to become even more stupid."

This is what they (Global Elite/Government/Pharma/Corps) want and why ALL these scientists are paid by the above. Just the IPCC alone can be looked at as a template for what your saying.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

They get so much press because underwater earthquakes tend to generate tsunamis. Tsunamis tend to kill people. Ergo it's nice to have an estimate of where there might be a tsunami and how powerful it might be. If you panicked, that's your own fault for being a "stupid animal." If you thought they were forecasting tsunamis "all over the world" then you are a stupid, LYING animal.

There were tsunamis. The Chilean town of Constitucion lost 300 people in part to the water. A portion of Easter island was washed over with three feet of water that traveled quite a distance inland - but thanks to the "stupid scientists" all the vacationers had been cleared from the beach before then.

There was the potential that the water could hit as far as the Aleutians and Kamchatka. Seismologists would be remiss in not informing people of this possibility, because so long as there is potential of a tsunami, caution needs to be taken - it's not like we can see the things before they reach shore, after all.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Love them or hate them, believe them or not - one thing scientists don't do is put together newspapers or TV news shows and decide to run with the stories.

Of course, it's not as if other things are going on in the world, that people might be dissatisfied with if they were aware, might protest about perhaps? So, let's all just stay in-line, scared of the weather, scared to leave our houses, sh..-scared about being able to pay the bills, scared of being raped by some crack-addicted, AIDS infected pitbull the minute we go outside.

Here's Tom with the weather.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So what should those scientists have done? Not given a warning and possibly risk thousands of lives, so that they wouldn't be labeled a fear-monger. An 8.8 earthquake struck in the ocean (epicenter) and cause a tsuanami, should they have not warned the people who were in it's path? I'd want some warning if a huge wave may be heading my way.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Nothing as evil as warning people of a potentially life-ending issue coming near

yes I agree they shouldn't jump at every bite but this was a huge quake

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
People love sensationalism. They want their time in the limelight. I do to. I would be lying if I said I did not. However, I would prefer that mine be for making a major medical discovery or something of the sort.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

I wish i knew. I guess everyone wants their 15 minutes or since the news stations go 24 hours they have to have something to report on so why not this? And drag it out for a few hours? :bnghd:

new topics

top topics

join