It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Strange things that fell from the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
8 strange things that fell from the sky

Has there been any explanation to fish falling from the sky?? It's so strange that huge fish and frogs just rain from the sky and there hasnt been any explanation!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I thought the generally accepted explanation was water spouts?

link   
Fish fall from the sky when there has been a hurricane in the ocean. The hurricane sucks up the fish into the clouds, later to be dropped with the rain when it gets to land. The majority of the time they fall back into the ocean because the cloud can not reach the coast in time.

link   
Only reason I can think of is the fish and frogs get sucked up by hurricane or some type if severe weather.

Once way up in the air maybe they can travel great distances on the strong winds. The jet stream can reach speeds of over 400 kph. How far could that send a small fish?

Also some baby spiders perch near their egg sack after hatching and let out a long thread of silk and the wind picks them up and takes them to start their lives wherever they land.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yet I thought the only explanation for strange things falling from the sky were the NSA's excuse of Hostile, Intelligent, Rogue Weather Balloons and Flares.

Fish and Frogs, this is something else to look at. Great find!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I can't explain the rest but I can explain the spiders. Some species of spiders have an ability called ballooning which allows them to fly. They really don't fly in the conventional sense. You know, the way you would think of a bird or bug flying.

What they do is they cast out a strand of silk that is caught by the wind. This method can carry them hundreds of miles.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

On April 6, 2007, a rain of spiders was captured in photos by Argentine photographer, Christian Oneto Gaona. He was climbing San Bernardo Peak in Argentina’s Salta Province with friends when they noticed the ground covered with spiders. Looking up, they noticed the spiders falling from the sky. He snapped a few pictures to prove his point and then probably ran off swatting and screaming like a little girl.

this one is my favorite right after the cows. Had I been there, you would be confused as to why there was a grown man screaming and flailing around as if he was on fire, yet no flames seemed to exist. No, I don't like spiders.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have a friend.
Really.
This friend spent a few days in 'storage'.
Mere surety to a 'warehouse receipt'.

Anyway, while in storage he met an amazing man who lives in the jungle down around Guatamala.

He told my friend a story-what else is there to do while in 'storage'?-about bearing witness to a living cloud that would travel around the jungle and was capable of sucking a small pond completely dry in less than an hour. It would move around the terrain and then drop its entire contents miles from where it 'ate'.

Anyway, I though it fit in with the raining fish stories. It's just a shape-shifting cloud god taking a living crap. Have no fear.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by human8]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Me too! I hope I never have a bunch of spiders raining down on me.

I thought the cow incident sounds funny too although I felt bad for the terrified cows.

I'd like to look into the jello like substance though. Curious what that is. If it's frog spawn, surely results wouldn't be inconclusive. There were more than enough samples to be collected.

For the other incidents, I think the likeliest cause is water spout or hurricane. The article questioned how it could be the case if it's always one species that fall out of the sky. I have no idea, but I speculate that as the force that's keeping the frogs/fish/worms up dies down gradually, a group of matter of the same mass/density falls together while the rest of the lighter debris are held up in the current still, thus all same type of fish plop out of the sky, then the frogs, then the tadpoles, etc. as the current carries the debris further and further away.

Thanks for posting though. This has always been an interesting phenomenon to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I remember a newspaper article from mabe the late 50`s or early 60`s Marksville,LA. people all around reported it raining fish,fish were all over the ground.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Fish fall from the sky when there has been a hurricane in the ocean. The hurricane sucks up the fish into the clouds, later to be dropped with the rain when it gets to land. The majority of the time they fall back into the ocean because the cloud can not reach the coast in time.

The problem with that is there are numerous reports of this happening on clear, blue sky days.

I just dont see a spout or hurricane having the force to throw a bunch of objects like that in a group miles away to land somewhere with blue skies. The other bizarre thing with events like this is often the objects fall within a confined area, ie they arent spread out, but rather fall in a group with a noticeable boundary... if they were being carried by the wind you'd expect them to be spread out all over the place.

Not saying hurricanes and spouts couldnt be an explanation, just that alot of the cases dont fit what you'd expect from those explanations.

new topics

top topics

join