It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ill Will Toward Fellow Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Lets discuss ill will thuroughly. Answer any question you want...

What are the pros and cons in having an ill will?

How does a person contract ill will?

Is ill will something learned and then picked up?

Is ill will a choice at some point that fixes it into action?

What are some examples you could tell that show that a person has ill will?

What effects does ill will have on society?

Is ill will the same as a mental illness?

What can cure an ill will?

If you believe ill will is a matter of the inner spirit's/soul's choice, then what spiritual punishment should a God hand down to someone whose spirit/soul itself is just pure ill will?

I will share my take in a moment following, but first, go ahead and discuss.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What is your definition of "ill-will?" I am going to try and answer this question by giving my definition of ill-will: The intended or unintended harm of others in any way, harm being defined as anything that causes physical, mental, or physiological distress (or all of the above since all of these interact with each other).

The pros of having ill-will are that 1) it gives us an opportunity to choose a path. The path to love and harmony is one that should be able to be chosen. Without ill-will, it would be like playing poker when you already know the hands dealt before the card is flipped. There would be no challenge, no actual "understanding." 2) Plus, these experiences, as negative as they may be, give us the same opportunity to learn as positive experiences.

For example, I was a heavy drinker for a while and made several dumb.....REALLY dumb decisions, but without those dumb decisions (especially one night in particular) I would not have "awaken" and made the attempts I am making now to get where I am going. All negatives can lead to positives if we open our eyes and step outside of ourselves and evaluate from as unbiased a view as possible.

Ill-will is both a choice and something that is learned/picked up. People can spread their hate to others through the energy created and transferred from person to person. It is our decision to see that energy and either 1) act upon it or 2) overpower it with love/positive energy.

Examples of someone showing ill-will are defined different by each individual. Personally, I believe ill-will is anything that promotes self over others at their expense. For instance, when we litter it is normally because we do not feel like finding a trash can to throw something away in. The result of this is pollution to the nature around us. This also affects our beathing as humans, not just the plants and the trees. This could be viewed, in my book, as ill-will. Obviously I believe some acts are more severe than others.

The results on society i briefly touched upon in paragraph 4, but I will again. Negativity can be spread faster than the bird flu if one is unaware of the ability to transfer energy. I am becoming more aware of this today, but it took me a while. As far as it being the same as a mental illness? I personally believe a mental illness is in the eye of the beholder. Not to mention a mental illness isn't always a choice that we are given (well, in this physical life it was not remembered to be chosen, beliefs here vary).

The cure to ill-will to me is the realization and appreciation of it, yet the awareness that we can consciously decide how to use it. As I said, good can come out of it. It can either make us stronger or it can eat away at us like a disease.

I believe the Creator's decision on how to handle ill-willed spirits is one that I cannot determine. I am trying to better myself in the best way I can and help others along the way who desire that help, but it isn't aways easy. I have a long road to the top, and I still have much to learn. I cannot speak for the actions taken of the infinite, for I am not at a point in understanding the bigger picture the Creator sees.

These are my views and may not be in accordance to the views of you or other readers.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ill will I define as having to do with the preference of pure wickedness.

What are the pros and cons in having an ill will? The pros is you get to have some kind of pleasure fulfillment from ill will. The con is that others seek to hand out punishment to you for being of ill will toward them.

How does a person contract ill will? Via choice of it being self-learned first. Someone bent on being of ill will may think to be so because the wickedness is thought of as bright to them.

Is ill will something learned and then picked up? I think it's self-learned because no body teaches how to be of ill will like it's a good thing

Is ill will a choice at some point that fixes it into action? I think its an original first choice that sets the course of the desire of the rest of that person's life.

What are some examples you could tell that show that a person has ill will? Someone using plagues against someone else just because they'd like to.

What effects does ill will have on society? Negative.

Is ill will the same as a mental illness? I think not. Ill will is just being wicked.

What can cure an ill will? I think nothing can cure preference.

If you believe ill will is a matter of the inner spirit's/soul's choice, then what spiritual punishment should a God hand down to someone whose spirit/soul itself is just pure ill will? God should hand down that good ol' ever and ever of hell punishment confinement. And keep the ill willed away from and out of paradise.

I thought this would be a nice topic to kick off for March madness. My b-day is March 9th. Pisces in the house!

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Hate is fun.

People (some people) traditionally deplore the "negative" emotions...I suspect those people are just not very good at those emotions.

Wasn't it in the movie Barfly where Bukowski says "Hatred...It's the only thing that lasts"?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

hate is fun only to whom that come for nothing so they dont mean any truth source existance and they hate the fact that awareness expressions freedom could appear seriously existing of logical facts realities

so hate is fun for who see in chaos the freedom expressions life opportunties justifications

you must always get to the buttom roots of anything to understand that thing in whatever it says, that also what proove and how that truth is always all

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by imans

hate is fun only to
whom that come for nothing
so they don't mean any truth

source existence and they hate
the fact that awareness expressions
freedom could appear seriously existing

of logical facts realities so
hate is fun for who
see in chaos the freedom

expressions life opportunities and justifications
you must always get to
the bottom roots of anything

to understand that thing in
whatever it says that also
what proves and how

that truth is always all

I was thinking that I liked something about your writing style...I was thinking it was kind of poetic...and then I was thinking it was kind of like e e cummings... and then I made a poem out of your post...no offense meant okay

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

sorry but this is the issue, you always need to manipulate things, you cant admit truth existance beyond you as existing, when you are aware of what is beyond yourself existance that is how you become existing truly yourself, being aware of what is beyond yourself is not worshipping sources on the contrary it is to be existing yourself as you are more effectively true

it is unfortunate that such obvious point source is not accepted, what is the most is the only fact existing because of positive truth that is geniunly of void, but also it means that what is existing fact is always absolute source so anything it justify as its source being positive exist too, and in same ways could justify positive truth out of itself drive from

the truth saying that plus is always existing source and end fact absolutely, assert the respect to positive truth from any existing awareness objectively but also certify the value of any true drive for that geniun plus realities life freedom

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

the point is to understand how freedom is never about getting to define a different existance you dont get a right existance from freedom, but freedom is about responsability of whole urself existance so it is about the awareness of same sources that apply on everything and everyone positive existing

so freedom is because the truth is alive, so anything whatever it does it is still always under laws of truth

but this point show what i always mean, being independant is what mean the most being together, because we are from then the truth of our same roots and what matter become more and more truth life as any awareness of that fact would become more true living, the sense of truth as existing or positive living moves cannot be compare to all what impress you to do

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

but thanks for your thought of my writing having a style of any kind, thanks for your thought but it is not true, what i write is always very ordinary since obviously there is never pretense of anything and i focus on meaning objective certainties of the moment that has nothing to do with me l

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

This is a question of its own "is it possible to write without having a style"?

Usually I take the position that it is not, and I drag in the analogy/assertion "It is not possible to speak without having an accent" (i.e. every neutral/standard/BBC-English/computer-generated-speech, does in fact constitute an accent of its own)...but then the thing is, maybe the analogy is only confusing and irrelevant...ah, but it's a fun talk...sometimes...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

again i dont mean robot thing, it is horrible how such energies are invested to deform what is true
what i mean is the difference between expecting something and not, when you dont expect of your move then you dont see yourself in a role accents forms as when you expect an end to visualize

new topics

top topics

join