It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF seizes 30 Toy Guns,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Apparently these guns shoot a small plastic BB, but the ATF seem to think they

can be converted into Real machine guns , with minimal work.

The owner of the store says it is a toy, much like a paint ball gun, and not only

would a bullet not fit, if it did somehow strike the bullet, the gun would explode

as it is not made for real rounds.

My only thought is that these Guns look real enough, I wouldn't want to take these

out into the public.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You should google airsoft guns.
if that pellet gun scares you wait until you seee the real airsoft guns of high quality. the funny thing is that the airsoft guns cost 2-3 times more then the real guns that they replicate except the 50 caliber barret sniper rigle.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
You should google airsoft guns.
if that pellet gun scares you wait until you seee the real airsoft guns of high quality. the funny thing is that the airsoft guns cost 2-3 times more then the real guns that they replicate except the 50 caliber barret sniper rigle.

I've got two I purchased in the 80's. One is an exact replica of an UZI, the other is a handgun replica. They are so exact that I keep them boxed up, and wouldn't even consider waving them around in public for any reason. Unfortunately they use a plastic shell casing that the bb fits into, and I've yet to find replacements for those, but I might not be looking hard enough. They both will fire those plastic bb's with such force that they will raise welts through clothing. Definitely not what I would consider toys because of that. They cost a fraction of the real thing. You can tell the difference between them and the real thing close up, but at a distance they are indistinguishable. Other than they have to be manually cycled for each shot, they are a lot of fun. Anybody that even considers trying to modify one to fire live rounds is insane, and probably a bit suicidal.

I have a couple of more recent airsoft pistols that do not use the plastic shell carrier for the bb's, both fire at 350-400 fps, and use some sort of striker for velocity. They are just a cheap replacement for a live fire handgun for point and shoot practice at close range.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Its a good thing they got these off the streets before someone got hurt. Id be willing to bet that 80% of all air soft guns in Mexico are from the US.

Seriously though, if the ATF has nothing better to do than confiscate toy guns than the population is in trouble.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Here is a thread about this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Its a good thing they got these off the streets before someone got hurt. Id be willing to bet that 80% of all air soft guns in Mexico are from the US.

Seriously though, if the ATF has nothing better to do than confiscate toy guns than the population is in trouble.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Digital_Reality]

The ATF is involved with the FBI in trading drugs for drugs down in Arizona to the Mexican gangs. This is just a diversion of public interest to make the idiot masses think that the ATF is trying to do something legitimate.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

US makes poor airsoft guns!!!!

all we do honestly is assemble them the best stuff as all airsofters know is out of japan but china does a good job replicating them for cheap.

new topics

top topics

join