It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is going on? A month of record lows?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
reply to post by masqua

and i enjoy being called a troll.

Most people like you do sir.

It's fine though, whatever helps you enjoy life is ok by me. Just seems like a waste of time for you to be posting here if you have nothing constructive to add to the topic. I mean, I'm always up for a debate, but you aren't making any good points to debate with. You are just taking the negative stance with nothing to back it up.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

and i enjoy being called a troll.

Right... noted.

Global Warming and Extreme Weather
Studies show that global warming will increase the frequency or intensity of many kinds of extreme weather. While we can't attribute a particular heat wave or hurricane to global warming, the trends are clear: Global warming loads the atmospheric dice to roll "heat wave" or "intense storm" more often.
www.edf.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

okay, so because i hold an unpopular view on this topic i should leave? very open minded.

and also your wrong. so let me get to that first.

weather always changes globally... ALWAYS.

heard of wind patterns? yea those things aren't "localized" they happen everywhere. if one of them is outta whack all of them will be.

this is never a "localized" climate change.

next part the quakes. Until we can predict earthquakes down to the second they will always be unpredictable. 15 of them can hit in a day. or you can go a whole month without one. earth doesn't have a set schedule.

now will everyone please stop running to their bunkers every time earth decides to wiggle a bit.

every time there is a change its the god damn end of the world.

kinda just want the world to end already just so i don't have to hear it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

I didn't hear anyone say anything about the end of the world!? Why the hostility... What, you can have an opinion and I can't? Get over yourself. Nice language, I thought it was cute too when I was 10.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It's very hard to take someone seriously who hasn't mastered the simple art of capitalization, but I'll do my best.

I can't see a reason why you would possibly be this hostile on the subject, if it really bothers you that bad why don't you move on to a more enjoyable thread? And yes, we know weather changes every day... what's your point exactly? Dramatic changes such as these are always going to cause alarm, and I'm not sure how much of the thread you've actually read so far, but do the terms "record high" or "record low" mean anything to you?

Just sayin, if people thought like you then we would be completely fine with everything until it was too late.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Perplexity]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

you can have an opinion. but you can not state a opinion as fact which you attempted to do and i corrected you on.

now stop with this he said she said stuff and prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Studies show that global warming will
Oh they will?
That's what it should say. Will show... they haven't shown us anything yet.

Like I posted before, I have yet to be convinced that meteorologists can accurately predict our weather one month in advance.....

So their studies show.....?

I don't have faith in their studies at this point.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

now tell me is florida the only place having the record breaking temps.

Climate, on the other hand, is nearly impossible for us to remember. It describes the average weather conditions over tens, hundreds, and even thousands of years. Climate is the average temperature or rainfall in a certain place, based on what it’s been like for decades.

www.ourblook.com...

yep, climate change definitely happens over night.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I am not certain I am ready to get worried yet, honestly, but it is probably a good idea to at least start preparing.
It's never a bad idea to have a back pack in your trunk with first aid, water, food and other basic necessities anyway.

There is definitely Global Climate change going on.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

The amazing thing about weather and climate is that just when mankind believes they have it figured out 100% ... Nature does things that make it 100% clear that we know absolutely nothing about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

So going by your logic, if it is happening world wide then it is considered to be normal and fine? That is completely ignorant I'm afraid. Just because climate is changing world wide doesn't mean it isn't something to be alarmed about.

Using your own logic against you here: If the average temp rose 20 degrees tomorrow world wide, and stayed consistent, you wouldn't consider this something to worry about?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think you all will be happy to know our winter here in Indiana has been perfectly normal. I know of many houses for sale feel free to come on over and join us!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I don't see anywhere where I tried to state anything as fact. I said that people from all over the globe felt the weather was strange in their area...I don't feel the need to prove anything to you. As the poster earlier said... records are being set...record highs, record lows, record snowfalls, record rainfall... etc....those are documented... is that not enough proof for you?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

"we have never seen it change globally"

you stated that. it was either a lie, or a opnion. either way it is false. i corrected you.

further more just because records are being set what is that proof of exactly?

normal by weather standards? yes absolutely.

if the temperature went up tomorrow by 20 degrees and stayed consistent... i would call it spring.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well, if records are being set worldwide and things are not happening as they USUALLY do, then there is definetly a change going on.

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC: I'm sure enough people around the world are worried about the state of the Earth considering all these changes and shifts to natural patterns.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

normal by weather standards? yes absolutely.

if the temperature went up tomorrow by 20 degrees and stayed consistent... i would call it spring.

Clever, forgot it was March already. Missed my point by a mile but that is expected when dealing with someone such as yourself. I suppose I have to become more dramatic for you to understand.

Scenario: December 20th - March 1st, Global temperatures consistently above average by 20 degrees for over 2 months straight.

Now, would you consider that normal?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A few weeks ago our local weatherman here is Southwestern MA (Springfield area) made some doom and gloom predictions based on the snowpocalypse storm that ravaged the mid-atlantic states. Here in New England we expect lots of snow- it's just how it is.

The weatherman predicted upwards of a foot for my area, with up to 3 feet for the Berkshires and hilltowns. Ok, we can handle it. They even cancelled school. The whole day we eagerly watched the window, my son having gotten his sled out in anticipation. At 10 am, news reports said it would start any minute. At 1 pm, they stated it would be later than expected. At 5 pm, the weatherman looked a little sheepish. By 11pm, They actually apologized >.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Thanks for correcting me on my opinion!

You think things are perfectly normal and I am fine with that.. thats your opinion. I think things are unusual...thats my opinion...why that bothers you makes no sense to me, but as I have no desire to derail this thread, I will leave it at that and therefore have nothing further to say to you. Have a great day!

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Greenize]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize

I didn't hear anyone say anything about the end of the world!? Why the hostility... What, you can have an opinion and I can't? Get over yourself. Nice language, I thought it was cute too when I was 10.

I am not a scientist, but I think the earth's core is becoming increasingly unstable. What would be the cause of this is unclear. Hopefully recent events will not intensify or accelerate.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

sounds fine to me. the southern hemisphere gets really warm around the winter months.

stop blowing things outta proportion.

post links. state facts. don't give me a hypothetical.

my point which has yet to be disproved (my point is a fact not an opinion as i have provided proof ), is that weather changing globally is not a problem nor anything new.

climate change happens over periods of decades not months.

Grenize realized she wasn't right and left. either prove me wrong or walk away as well because im not gonna listen to to babble much longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join