It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is going on? A month of record lows?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Out of the past 28 days, TWENTY have had record lows here in Florida... In the past, I've maybe had to turn on the heat for two or three days during the winter.... This year, it's been on almost constantly... (yeah, I know you guys up north are going...aww...but you'll see my point...)

Then add in the MAJOR earthquakes lately, and other massive storms and changes globally, and it becomes hard to ignore that SOMETHING is happening to our little mudball. Are we on the verge of a major climate/world shift, and these are the initial symptoms of it? I'm starting to think so.

If these are just the warning signs, the full blown event is a show I'm not so sure I want a ticket to... I really hope it's just a fluke...but I can't help but feel this is just the warm-up.... Sorry for the tirade...just had to get it out...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ironically, up here in Canada, everywhere is experiencing record highs.

I definitely think it's the result of something big happening, or about to happen...

But for right now... I just like to call it "climate chaos".

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Could be the usual scalar EM technology war in full swing?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't really know what it means, but here in Southeastern Louisiana it's been unusually cold too. It actually snowed 3 times this season, and that is just not normal for us. I'm thinking our summer is going to be a very very hot one!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I totally agree that something is going on and I also believe that this is just the beginning. I'm afraid the tickets for the show are mandatory! These are but the birth pangs...wait til the full blown labor kicks in!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
People tend to notice abberant weather in their own locales but don't take the time to look at things from a global perspective. Many threads, not this one fortunately, say things like, 'it's unblieveably cold here and never has been before. So much for global warming.' What's happening is that long-standing weather patterns are being dislodged by climate change. Weat areas are shifting, arid areas are shifting, both hot and cold areas are shifting. Up here in New England we're seeing more rain than snow. Yet down the Atlantic coast where they see little snow as a rule they are getting their asses kicked. While FL is unusually cold (as is alot of the SE) there are record, off-the-chart highs in places like Australia. No question, things are massively screwed-up.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
That's funny because in Toronto, Canada, we've had only 2 'storms' and they were nothing like what we usually get. I've only shovelled once all winter (this past weekend) and temperatures have been great.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Down here in Texas we had insane snow this winter (for Texas anyway), 11 inches in my area, an all time record. And these earthquakes lately have been adding to my paranoia. I'm not usually one to just sit and worry about things but I've had this feeling in the pit of my stomach since December that something big is going to happen, and I feel that my instincts are telling me to prepare and expect the absolute worst.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid but this is a feeling like I have never had in my life.

Stay strong and be safe my friends, who knows what lies ahead.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
ask a bunch of paranoid people if they think something bad is going to happen... lol

weather is weather. either change it or deal with it.

why is it that whenever something odd happens its because its only the beginning? why cant weather be odd?

everyone thought that they knew exactly how weather worked. and know weather is starting to throw curve balls at us and everyone is freaking out.

anyway fail thread is fail.

i expected better from a mod.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

I do not think that you are being paranoid! A lot of people are having that same feeling. Its unnerving to say the least!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
People tend to notice abberant weather in their own locales but don't take the time to look at things from a global perspective. Many threads, not this one fortunately, say things like, 'it's unblieveably cold here and never has been before. So much for global warming.' What's happening is that long-standing weather patterns are being dislodged by climate change.
The formerly known as global warming crowd(now climate change crowd) used to let us know on every warm day that it was because of 'global warming'.

If you use a global perspective, that is one thing, but you really need to factor time into the equation. A lot of time.

Our current climate and weather patterns are not like they were 100 years ago. Neither are the ocean currents.

Not like 1000 years ago, not like a million years ago.

Meteorologists can not accurately predict our weather for next month.

I am very leery of scientists who are caught using doctored figures insisting that they know what is coming for next 100 years.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Well thanks, good to know someone else feels somewhat the same

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
ask a bunch of paranoid people if they think something bad is going to happen... lol

weather is weather. either change it or deal with it.

why is it that whenever something odd happens its because its only the beginning? why cant weather be odd?

everyone thought that they knew exactly how weather worked. and know weather is starting to throw curve balls at us and everyone is freaking out.

anyway fail thread is fail.

i expected better from a mod.

Wow already got a troll on our hands on the first page, what an unfortunate turn of events!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
At least you haven't had to drive all over the country through the worst of it.

Seriously, the president and others have stated that these weather extremes are the result of global warming and increased evaporation of warmer ocean waters.

So I suppose warming can make winters colder?

I wonder if the increase in earthquakes can somehow be blamed on evil oil and gas companies through their drilling and exploration for these carbon resources which have caused the warming made into cooling we are in now?

Either way we need to tax it more and regulate the heck out of it before we all freeze to death and then burn.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

The problem, Doc, is that freaky weather is becoming the norm worldwide.

If if was only in a few localized areas, you might have a point, but it's not.

This thread is NOT a fail, as you say, and I believe Gaz posted this as a member, not a mod.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I kept hearing about a pole shift a while ago. Something about the magnetic poles changing. But I have not seen anything about that in a while. It almost seems (from a science idiot's perspective) that a magnetic shift would affect the tectonic plates and somehow affect the weather as well. Since I don't buy into the 2012 thing as far as being the end of the world, it would make sense that it is significant for some reason. Maybe this is why.

Things in NC have been a little colder than normal, but not enough to say for sure. I know where I grew up (Cleveland), they are getting a winter much like they had back in '77. Lots of snow and cold. It just makes me happy that I am from there.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Why do you have to look at the issue in such a negative way? Firstly, there are strange weather/climate patterns worldwide. That tends to worry people.

Secondly, what does it matter if he's a Mod? He still has a right to express his opinion and share his thoughts.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Portugoal]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

see you have it backwards. if the changes were localized then it would be odd. but because it is happening to everyone worldwide it is normal.

weather as unpredictable as it is will be consistently unpredictable throughout.

the fact that everyone is feeling the difference shows that weather is still being weather.

and i enjoy being called a troll.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
People tend to notice abberant weather in their own locales but don't take the time to look at things from a global perspective. Many threads, not this one fortunately, say things like, 'it's unblieveably cold here and never has been before. So much for global warming.' What's happening is that long-standing weather patterns are being dislodged by climate change. Weat areas are shifting, arid areas are shifting, both hot and cold areas are shifting. Up here in New England we're seeing more rain than snow. Yet down the Atlantic coast where they see little snow as a rule they are getting their asses kicked. While FL is unusually cold (as is alot of the SE) there are record, off-the-chart highs in places like Australia. No question, things are massively screwed-up.

Global warming conspiracy theorists take it one step further, however, and claim that all this change is caused by man. They also selectively use periods of time that support their preconceived conclusions. Clearly, since the solar system was formed and the planets were molten masses, the Earth has been cooling. It can similarly be shown that since the ice age ended 11,000 years ago the planet has been warming. That's why those who deny the non-human causes of climate change always use short-term graphs from times when CO2 levels began to rise. Using any other period of time debunks their own theory.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

We all know that weather is weather and it changes, we have never seen it change globally... people from all over the world have posted on various threads that the weather is strange in their area... the op also mentioned the massive quakes that have happened recently...there is a lot going on with our earth.... seriously, if you do not like the conversation here then move on.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
So I suppose warming can make winters colder?

Yes, and if you prefer, call it 'Climate Change'.

A
right back at you.

A record mild winter in Canada and a persistent cold winter in the US of A is echoed by extreme weather in Europe and other parts of Asia, like China. The weather is crazy lately.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join