It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if: Humans is the only earth creatures and all of them exactly identical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
What happen if Earth is inhabited by nothing but humans and every single humans have same Ability(have Genius Level Intellect but Physically and Mentally disadvantaged), same Color(Pale and Hairless), Same Social Status(being Billionaire), Same Diet(Truly Carnivorous), and same at anything else?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

We would probably die out very quickly as we'd have no animal meat and material resources.

Plus, it would be a really, really boring place without any animals and all I had to talk to were the same identical people every day.

Suicide would be wonderful release in that instance...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
What happen if Earth is inhabited by nothing but humans and every single humans have same Ability(have Genius Level Intellect but Physically and Mentally disadvantaged), same Color(Pale and Hairless), Same Social Status(being Billionaire), Same Diet(Truly Carnivorous), and same at anything else?

Probably starve unless they are all the same carnivorous cannibals. If they are, then extinction would be on the cards very soon along with this thread.

More likely scenario is the Earth and it's inhabitants but without humans. And if that happened some other lifeform would take its place at the top of the food chain, and no lifeform would give a toss about any human, just like we don't give a toss about previously extinct lifeforms.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by john124]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Plus, it would be a really, really boring place without any animals and all I had to talk to were the same identical people every day.

Oh come on, nobody stops you from visiting other places and meeting new people... surely! (if you really desired it above everything else)

Suicide would be wonderful release in that instance...

But since humans originate from the same descendants as other species, and some of these other species are more adaptable (eg. can burrow underground for a start), then humans will never only exist on their own, unless we cause the extinction of every single living organism (which again is highly unlikely because that would probably cause our own extinction beforehand).

So collective suicide would be the exact phrase....

[edit on 1-3-2010 by john124]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

This may sound like I am trying to be funny, but I am serious.

My guess would be that females would tend to eat males after copulation.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Oh come on, nobody stops you from visiting other places and meeting new people... surely! (if you really desired it above everything else)

Well, new places would probably be the only thing of interest, as the OP says we're all the same, meeting "new" people would in effect be meeting the same old people.

What does perplex me is the OP's statement that we're the only things here, no animals, yet we're all carnivores....

I mean, was that just a polite way of saying we're all cannibals or was it just a bit of a logical typo?

Either way, I'd personally find it boring. I need animals around me as I much prefer their company to people - I find human beings too devious and manipulative. And in the OPs example, too boring

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
What happen if Earth is inhabited by nothing but humans and every single humans have ...
...Same Diet(Truly Carnivorous)..

As other have pointed out, if we were the only organism on Earth, and we were only carnivorous, then that means we would be cannibalistic.

Seriously though, the problem with all humans having equal abilities, equal intelligence, and equal social status is this:
Who would be the leaders? Would the non-leaders be content with being non-leaders?

I think for a society to proceed in a forward direction and grow to do great things, there needs to be people leading in that direction -- or else there would be 6 billion opinions as to which specific direction to go.

Once you say "these are the leaders and these are the followers", then everyone is no longer exactly the same.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Everyone dies of starvation or being eaten in under three months.

Eating apex predators is a ridiculously stupid ecology. Plants and photosynthetic algae and bacteria are what makes animal life possible.

new topics

top topics

join