It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: Astronaut's Alien Claims .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Fox interview with Astronaut Doc Edgar Mitchell about Alien's are real , and that Roswell was a cover up, please forgive me if this is already posted! peace.
www.disclose.tv...

[edit on 1-3-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Mitchell doesn't sound credible in this interview. Basically he states that this is second hand information and that he grew up in Roswell, NM. Is this guy trying to sell a book or something? He sure is sticking with the "not naming names" line which is bull... He really needs someone to back him up here in order for this to fly. Maybe dude was an astronaut at one time, and I respect that but I also he is a retiree and probably thinking about $$$

If he had seen aliens during the course of his career this would be a way better story. He got the info from dying men from Roswell and retired military which dubious at best.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
A dying man has nothing to lose! so I belive what hes saying! are you telling me you dont belive what happened in 1947 Roswell ? dont tell me you belive it was a Weather balloon! if so itll be the end of our conversation!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Whether this is true or not, and I don't believe he's lying but that doesn't mean his informants were not though, it still brings the normal reporting techniques to the story.

Mock the story to reduce it's credibility. Laugh to make sure the viewer knows if they believe him then they are stupid too and the reporters are laughing at them. Ask inane questions to deviate from the facts and turn it into a cock and bull tale.

Twist the words or put words into the interviewees mouth to make it look like THEY are confusing their own story. Talk over the interviewee to make them look weak in their conviction of their story. Use fairytale words such as 'little men', 'creatures' and usually 'spacemen or little green men'.

Also holding the story to a straight comparison with hard science to belittle the account and make it seem like a childish tale or a far-fetched lie.

On the report did the man in the studio ask him where did he hear the lore of this? I may be wrong but it sounded like he didn't know what Mitchell meant when he talked about the descriptions he cited being from alien lore.
I may have got the wrong end of the stick with that though.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
That is correct... I want to believe in UFOs but until I see one (or credible evidence of it) I have have to play the skeptic role because most of the videos and so-called evidence out there is weak.

You may believe some crap story like this, or you may believe some far-out story on the Sci-Fi channel... doesn't matter what I think. I am just saying Mitchell is NOT conveying first hand knowledge of aliens.

When a real UFO hovers over my city, I will be the biggest advocate for UFOs but all I have seen over the years is questionable home video clips. When the real deal occurs, you can bet the news cameras will be all over it. If balloon boy can make it on CNN, I'm sure ET would too.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Over 300 people have come forth and signed affidavits that the occurrence in Roswell was an alien craft.

Please look for The Disclosure Project on Youtube.

Also, yes, this has been covered in other threads.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Mitchell doesn't sound credible in this interview. Basically he states that this is second hand information and that he grew up in Roswell, NM. Is this guy trying to sell a book or something?

Maybe dude was an astronaut at one time, and I respect that but I also he is a retiree and probably thinking about $$$

Yeah people, ignore the guy that went to space, saw alien giant spaceships and mining bases in the moon and trust the dude nicknamed "mapsurfer" on ATS that call an astronaut "dude"...

[edit on 1-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

yeah, like anything on Fox news is any sort of truth.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Im not saying what Mitchell said is the complete truth but its very closed minded to assume that there is no possible way any kind of ET could ever have landed or crash landed on Earth..

The odds are equal IMO.. 50% that none ever came in contact with us, 50% that some could have..

And who better to give some credibility to the idea than an ex-Moon Astronaut..?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

yeah, like anything on Fox news is any sort of truth.

Nothing to do with me man, im only the messenger! as regards fox news youll have to make your own mind up about whats put in front off you by said right wing fascist TV network...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Yeah, I do enjoy researching about Aliens, conspiracy and what not. But Fox is the last place I go for answers.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Yeah, I do enjoy researching about Aliens, conspiracy and what not. But Fox is the last place I go for answers.

I hope your not assuming I go there for answers! this is put up not for my benefit or yours, more for the Guests than anyone else!

[edit on 1-3-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Not at all, I was just saying anyone shouldn't get any info from them.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What really gets me, given my background in electronics is the rise of solid state devices that led to the computer revolution. It is entirely possible that some unknown genius man or women made that break through that led to our technological revolution but the timeline with roswell and the stories of 'captured' ET crafts and the rise of solid state devices is bizarre.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Agreed, isn't weird how fast everything is moving and we're improving very fast in these times.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The "memory metal" from Roswell has been confirmed through FOIA documents that the scientist who invented it worked on ET debris at Roswell.

The memory metal is used now in some glasses.

new topics

top topics

join