It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Man Already Been To Mars? Astronaut Cernan Talks Of GOING BACK!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Have We Already Been To Mars? Or is it a slip of the tongue? Or what exactly did astronaut Gene Cernan mean when he said this?

“Buzz does want to go back to Mars”. 03:00

“I won’t be there when we go back to the Moon or Mars”. 04:12

Check out the vid here, at 03:00 and 04:12

www.veoh.com...

Going BACK to the Moon is fine as we’ve been there before. But what did he mean by “going BACK to Mars”? Have we already been there? Was such a program also temporarily suspended due to funding or other problems? He couldn’t be meaning unmanned probes since there are a number of on-going programs slated for Mars in the coming years.

So, was it a slip of the tongue or are we reading too much into it? Since there exists a secret astronaut corps with the hidden Navy and Air Force Space Commands, anything is possible!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
IMO taken out of context.

See thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thanks timewalker! But I feel it may not be seen as taken out of context as you have mentioned. What makes it more credible is the Navy/Air Force Space Command with their secret band of astronauts that zorgon brought out which I linked to in the opening post. Don't you think there's more than meets the eye here?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Interesting none the less he said it twice. Also he interrupted the anchor to add it the second time. Interesting none-the-less like he was trying to tell us he isn't going to be alive long so here is the info.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

To be honest I am a believer in a secret space command, and think quite possibly that man might have been there already. But when I watched the video a while back I just took it as he thinks NASA should send more missions there, not literally send Buzz back. I could be wrong, but that's what I got out of it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I saw a video once on UTube that was supposed to be a joint Russian/American mission to Mars (probably a hoax) back in the early 60's.
I have worked with/taken care of some of the pilots from Edwards AFB, Wright-Pat, and Beale AFB. They usually had some very interesting things to say.
IMHO, I think we have been to Mars and beyond.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I have worked with/taken care of some of the pilots from Edwards AFB, Wright-Pat, and Beale AFB. They usually had some very interesting things to say.
IMHO, I think we have been to Mars and beyond.

Hmmm.... What were the interesting things they said?
I hope you ain't sworn to secrecy!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow! Nobody can say a damn thing these days without someone jumping on it like a vulture. He obviously meant missions in general, not precisely manned missions. Wake up, people!

join