It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum Gang Activity On the Rise on Ats?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

That would be highly inappropriate and a matter for the staff to investigate.

I personally believe that forum gangs are at work here on ATS and more than anything the thread is about what to look for in ways of spotting one at work than it is at singling out those involved in them.

They know who they are and what they are doing, and people who want to take the time to familiarize themselves with their tactics will easily spot them too when they are at work.

We will never win the battle against trolls or forum gangs as soon as one is banned or one is shut down two more sprout up to take their places.

We are in the information age and as long as people turn to blogs and alternative news sites there will be organized attempts by the agenda driven groups of the world to stilt and skewer and to try to suppress and color information that affects their agenda or group.

To imagine that isn’t happening and won’t happen and isn’t happening and won’t happen here on ATS is something you are free to do but that still won’t stop forum gangs from operating and having an effect.

It gets much harder for them though when independent and open minded posters know how they operate and can then as a result limit their effectiveness on a case by case basis when and where they appear.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

What are the most popular topics, where you think there is gangs activities here on Ats ( top 5 ) and who (organisation, citizenship, religious group etc. ) do you think they are in each respective top 5 categories?

[edit on 10-3-2010 by We the People]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by We the People

What are the most popular topics, where you think there is gangs activities here on Ats ( top 5 ) and who (organisation, citizenship, religious group etc. ) do you think they are in each respective top 5 categories?

[edit on 10-3-2010 by We the People]

I do think you see forum gangs form and appear where ever there is a real agenda.

Middle East Affairs, Politics, 9-11, Religion, even some popular conspiracies from time to time.

For instance no one really seems to have a clue what HARRP does but a few dedicated people are sure what it doesn't do!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by We the People

For instance no one really seems to have a clue what HARRP does but a few dedicated people are sure what it doesn't do!

well said Proto, it's certainly not, look like a conspiracy theorist behavior...
like in the Secret society forums...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Do they show up within short time periods of one another, do they play off of one another, do their posts get a similiar number of stars post after post no matter how unrelated, off topic or unsubtantiated and unfactual?

Absolutely. Just like that! I encountered that when I posted a thread on the Secret Societies folder. I thought perhaps it was my imagination. So when I posted a second thread, it was a forum gang-up again. Yes, it's for real, and the methodology is just exactly like you have have outlined above.

And just to let you know, it is not something that is personal. I found a thread the other day where a "forum gang" laughed it off. People really should have paid attention to the thread. Things have come to pass because of the information that was ignored.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ProtoplasmicTraveler

seems to be happening nowadays with the trumpbots they come into every anti trump thread to say what about hilary and to star and flag each other

i think is dishonest and theyre trying to shut down any talk other than that of donalds greatness

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join