It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to save the planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well not the whole planet, i would like to if it gets to that point, but for now just the people around me like my family and especially the few who have faith in my work.

I need a kiln( electric preferably) that reaches at least 2100 degrees f.

Also a couple of other things, but the kiln definitely takes precedence. Why do i even bother right? Idk actually. It couldn't hurt

Who knows someone might have one they were gonna throw out or something.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't know how the kiln and global salvation go together but I like the juxtiposition anyway.

Save the world, save the world...seems pretty ambitious...I dunno, my plan is keep my head down and do my time. I think for most people simply being good to your family and friends takes real heroism..those that reach beyond to their communities are rarer still. But if you feel moved by all means continue.

As you may or may not know, in Mahayana Buddhism there is a type of being called a Bodhisattva who has sworn to dedicate all of his future lives to easing the sufferring of all sentient beings. (even more ambitious than your planetary goals!) To be a Bodhisattva, you have to first take the Bodhisattva vows. Then you have to practice the so-called six perfections. If you are interested this is one way that a lot of people have been working on that whole "saving the world" stuff for the last few thousand years. No doubt there are other ways, too.

[edit on 2/28/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
what? elaborate me... why do you need a kiln, and how will you save the world, or at least your family with it? what are you saving them from?

Do you plan to live in the kiln and use it as a bunker or something? or are you going to fire pots and save the world with pottery?

How many pots did you smoke today? surely not as many as me.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Gamecock]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Lmfao!! i knew this would be worth it.

You wouldnt believe me if i told you anyway. The only way to prove it is to show you.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthWanderer

What do you need the kiln for? Give us some more info! What else are you looking for aswell?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthWanderer

This thread is ridiculous.

Why did you even create the thread if you weren't going to tell us anything?

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Zsaqulz78th]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Its a wonderful medicine. I've never attempted it cuz i never had the tools, but i know several ways of doing it. I can not in good consciousness just tell you how, but I can show you and give to anyone who wants.

Also need a graphite crucible and a distillation system of some kind

top topics

join