It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff launches 'Operation Exodus'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This IMO is a leader:

The Bossier Parish sheriff's office is launching a program called "Operation Exodus," a policing plan for an end-of-the-world scenario involving a mostly white group of ex-police volunteers and a .50-caliber machine gun, inspired in part from the Book of Exodus in the Bible.

All local Sheriff's Offices should involve their neighbors, residents. Always prepared!!

Deen's office contacted more than 300 parish residents it thought would be useful during a similar emergency. Two hundred were chosen. Most of these people are ex-police officers and sheriff's office deputies that the sheriff's office was familiar with, Deen said.

www.shreveporttimes.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Kinda makes me wonder Hmmm? Why would they do this? I don't even want to know. I think we are in for some hard times.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This "operation" isn't what bothers me. people can PREPARE for anything they like...but what I don't get is why the article says "mostly white" members make up this group....WTF!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Excellent find, 5oclock. Sending a nice handshake your way for catching this.

This reminds me of an excellent book my husband just ordered for me and insisted that I read, "Alas Babylon," written in the Bay of Pigs era.

I won't spoil it for you, but it's a real resource for doing your own "walk-through" of preparedness. The author had plenty of reason to know, as well.

Find it, read it, be as prepared as you can, folks. Why not? Into every life some trouble must come.

At least we'll have each other...that's a lot.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Oooops, boogered that up.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If ever our system collapses...there will be a group that wants to control it. There will be a group that would promote their will on others through fear and repression. Thankfully, I think most will see through a group like this and they will lose support as fast as they are picked off one by one by other groups they offend. Live by the sword...die by the sword.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
This "operation" isn't what bothers me. people can PREPARE for anything they like...but what I don't get is why the article says "mostly white" members make up this group....WTF!

Let me try that again: It's the DEEEP SOUTH, I'm sure no offense was intended.

The members are mostly white men. Five are black. Women involved will only be used in "support roles,"

Read on before jumpin on.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Whats scarry is that we are hearing more and more of these types of worse case scenarios drills being done everwhere. Writing is on the wall folks.
Peace and Prayer

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
Let me try that again: It's the DEEEP SOUTH, I'm sure no offense was intended.

Oh I get that...
but you would think that even in the DEEEP SOUTH they would just leave that crap out. Unless of course they WANT to stir up some trouble...

[edit on 2/28/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
If ever our system collapses...there will be a group that wants to control it. There will be a group that would promote their will on others through fear and repression. Thankfully, I think most will see through a group like this and they will lose support as fast as they are picked off one by one by other groups they offend. Live by the sword...die by the sword.

See through a group like this?? Seems pretty clear to me. If my Sheriff asked for volunteers to help protect my family, your family and our community from looters during a disaster or the Federal Gov. during Marshal Law (maybe) this would truly be your last line of defense IMO.
By the way, I am almost as prepared as I can be to protect what I have, but there is strength in #'s.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sounds like just another street gang forming.............

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Sounds like just another street gang forming.............

Thanks for contributing so much.
To me this is about the best thing that can happen in every community (for the community)

Any one who's ever been in or close to any sort of CHAOS in real life will tell you that people freak out, they're lost, confused or looking to take advantage of the afore mentioned.

I found this clip :

FOR FOX KMSS-TV:Sheriff Larry Deen Bossier Parish Louisiana urges residents in the rural areas of the NW Louisiana parish to seriously consider evacuation, on Nov.2, 2009 as floodwater contiuned to...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
How many of YOU on ATS would step up?
Check out some of they're training video for the volunteers:

www.bossiersheriff.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
How many of YOU on ATS would step up?
Check out some of they're training video for the volunteers:

www.bossiersheriff.com...

Hello,
I'd step-up. I have family to protect, and provide for. If I have people flanking me, I stand to go forward and progress. If my number comes up that I should perish, I think knowing who will see to my family's wellfare is exceeding leaving them to fend for themselve's. Alone, I'd have to hide in a freaking cave and wait for the reaper; A broken indecent, and dishonorable nothingness. I couldn't live with myself if something happens that having help could've prevented. I ain't too proud to admit that whatever comes may be too much for me to fend-off on my own. And unless you've aced your sniper training examination, you're a damned fool to try and go-it alone...Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Ignorant people read "crazy white people with guns getting together" and automatically assume it's something along the lines of the KKK.

That's what Liberal Politically Correct MSM teaches us anyways.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

I am all for protection in numbers. What I do not want to see is a group once protected begin to impede on others in an attempt to become the authority through force. I have no problem with groups getting together, it's when the power goes to their heads.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Not to derail the thread but even if nothing occurs it is good to have some form of training among civvies, military and the county's.

For one it allows people in the same neighborhood to work together for the good of a community. And it takes a lot of work to build a good, safe community.

So this is probably a good thing no matter what the future holds.

Moral of the story is have a plan and practice it.

edit spll

[edit on 1-3-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

" This "operation" isn't what bothers me. people can PREPARE for anything they like...but what I don't get is why the article says "mostly white" members make up this group....WTF!

Ignorant people read "crazy white people with guns getting together" and automatically assume it's something along the lines of the KKK.

That's what Liberal Politically Correct MSM teaches us anyways. "

Better yet a group of crazy black people (in the deep south) with guns getting to gether..yeah that would go over well!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I'd step-up. I have family to protect, and provide for. If I have people flanking me, I stand to go forward and progress.

Nicely said loveguy. I'm with you.

reply to post by ExPostFacto

What I do not want to see is a group once protected begin to impede on others in an attempt to become the authority through force.

Always something to look out for.
I'd still rather take ny chances and be on the inside w/locals than in a cacve as loveguy said.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So, apart from them being current or former police officers, what makes them any different than any other militia group?

Of course, there is a danger here that they see themselves as being the law, when order breaks down due to disaster, manmade or otherwise, and impose their will on others through force. If they are talking about scenarios where there is no federal response, a sort of every man (or woman) for himself (or herself), then they no longer represent the law, only their own interests. In such scenarios, would they then go out shooting looters stealing food to survive, and grab the goods for themselves?
I'm afraid, going on past experience of "law enforcement", in a survival / doomsday scenario, they are the last people I would follow or obey!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join