It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IS the United States of America???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is the reason I find nationalism to be deplorable. For I care about everyone in this world more than I care about my "nation" For it is just a place that I live.. but it is not everything I am about.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
This is the reason I find nationalism to be deplorable. For I care about everyone in this world more than I care about my "nation" For it is just a place that I live.. but it is not everything I am about.

Nationalism is fine. If every nation was good, then it wouldn't be a problem.

I think you mean jingoism.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If your nation isnt strong you dont have the luxury of caring about the world.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf."

An unknown, but very astute person

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
utopias are for communist

Umm... no. Utopia is basically what you or anybody else think the world should be. Your dreams, your ideas of how everything should be.

To burst your bubble, you do have a vision or a wish of the kind of world you wish to live in, don't you? Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

how come you only see commies blabbing about utopias then?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
america is a nation with no national identiy cause with all the liberal PC bull # we have to bend to the minority no matter how small and dumb the complaint is.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
America is a beacon of hope. I am not saying we are better than the rest of the world, but I would not trade places with anyone else who did not live in America, but there are millions who would trade with me in a heartbeat. Where they can dare to hope and dream and know that they can make those hopes and dreams possible. In this country you can aspire to be what you want to be. To make the most out of their lives. Anyone who is willing to work hard and see their task through to the end can accomplish great things in America. America affords it's people to say what they want to say, the press to print what it wants to print or broadcast, you can worship as you see fit, no matter if you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, atheist, etc. You can go as far in life as you want. Here in America everyone starts out on equal footing. We all have the same opportunities to succeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join