reply to post by Rockstrongo37
You sir, are sadly mistaken. If you believe as you have written, you do not believe in biblical Christianity, you believe in modern CHURCHianity, and
those two things are vastly different. Let's take the points one by one:
1) There is only ONE Church worldwide, and in each city or locale, there is only ONE church. The Ecclesia was NEVER meant to be understood as a
building... it is the PEOPLE OF GOD in a particular geographical location, such as a city. In the Bible, every city, small or large, had only ONE
church, because it is not an us/them thing. When you say "What church do you go to?" you reveal that you have no understanding of what the
Apostle's established. When you say "why don't you come to MY church?" you show that you have no understanding of what the Apostle's
established. The ecclesia is not a place. You don't GO to church... you are called to BE the Church.
2) The entire foundation of the Old Covenant was superseded by the much stricter New Covenant. The pastors are not the same as Levites, and the
Church is not the same as the Temple. These are total fabrications created by a "clergy" caste bent on stealing the people's money. You can't
get rid of the Sabbath, which is in the basic Ten Commandments, and then decide to keep the Tithing laws. You can't get rid of the Torah's
economical laws, and decide to keep the Tithing laws. The scripture is clear... all 613 laws were a pact.. a contract between Israel and God and that
pact has been replaced by the New Covenant.
3) You want to live like gentiles, talk like gentiles, eat like gentiles, walk like gentiles... and yet you want the "cool parts" of the Israelite
contract, namely TITHING because then you can really put the screws to the people and demand their 10%. In reality, Israel had a number of Tithes,
one of which was a savings account for the purchase of food and ALCOHOL so they could have a big party at the main festivals of the Lord!
4) You very likely keep the pagan festivals of Christmas and Easter (Ishtar) as you cast aside the Biblical festivals of Passover, Unleavened Bread,
Shavuot, Rosh Hashanah, Sukkot, and Yom Kippur. Like Jeroboam, you set aside the appointed times of God in exchange for the pagan syncretism of
5) You promote a false and devilish doctrine known as "replacement theology" when in fact God has ONE people, ONE agreement, ONE baptism, ONE
salvation, and ONE Spirit. There is ONE Olive Tree, consisting of the cultivated olive branches (Israel), and all FORMER-gentile believers who are
classified as WILD OLIVE BRANCHES, who have been grafted in, and are now joint-citizens in Israel, sharing in the blessings and promises of Abraham.
There is ONE people, who are known as Israel, formed of all believers in Christ, for there is neither Jew nor Gentile in Christ, but only ONE new
creation, and that new creation has a very Israelite distinctive, which is a direct reflection of God's heart and purpose.
6) TITHING is OLD TESTAMENT.... PERIOD!
7) GIVING from the HEART, as you are directed by the HOLY SPIRIT, is the NEW TESTAMENT... PERIOD! God does not have right to a mere 10%, or even 30%.
NO, not at all! He has full rights to 100% of all your TIME, TALENT, and TREASURE, for you are no longer your own, for you have been BOUGHT with a
PRICE... which is the blood of Jesus Christ. THIS is the TRUE Gospel message, and for those who are TRULY converted to Christ by the regeneration of
the Holy Spirit, you will know that what I say is true.
8) So, while some desire to mislead people with fine sounding words to tickle the ears, or with forceful threats that BEAT the people of God with
false application of the Bible... the real truth is hardly ever being preached by anyone these days... and that is a crying shame... though it is a
foretold sign of the "end of days."
The NEW way is simple to explain: In your heart, give everything to God, and then learn to "hear" his instructions so you can know how to deal with
all of God's time, money and things!