It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tithing..... And the scum that rob God...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by autowrench

Amen

I agree with you ....

You realize Amen was an Egyptian god who was around long before Yahwhe ?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chillidog1

Replies like this from the heart and speak truth deserve a big S&F my friend.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

no its not its Hebrew for so be it... Amun was an Egyptian deity but just because his name sound similar does not mean its the same thing.. Anyway.. God knows what we mean when we say it... Thats all that counts

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

reply to post by moocowman

no its not its Hebrew for so be it... Amun was an Egyptian deity but just because his name sound similar does not mean its the same thing.. Anyway.. God knows what we mean when we say it... Thats all that counts

Yes Amun/Amen/Amon/Adon/Aten knows exactly what you mean, it's not just similar dude it's referencing the Egyptian god, after why wouldn't it, the early Hebrews /Hyksos prayed to these gods in Egypt .

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

No, it has nothing to do with witchcraft....It has to do with an institution, namely Christianity, that has grown way too big for its proverbial britches. They use God as a crutch to gain wealth. For the most part, I agreed with your post, until you got to the end.

IMHO, and I know this will piss off some Christians, Christianity has not been Christianity since Paul.

He never knew Jesus, he was not an apostle. But his teachings in many cases influence the "Christian" more so than what Jesus himself said.

Jesus expected us to live a certain way, to treat others a certain way. He said that you could tell the vine by its fruit, (what it actually bore) rather than by what it claimed to be.

Paul came along and said, "All you need to do is believe, and the sacrifice of Jesus will redeem you."

I dont think that is true. I dont think belief alone will get you anywhere. Jesus never said that, and those closest to him never said that.

James 2:14-17

14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good [1] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

All of the sermon on the mount is a testament to his, but Matthew 7:15-23 makes it very clear that faith alone is not enough. Your actions, your "fruits" define you, and show your real nature. As James reiterates.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Yet Paul, who never knew Jesus, comes along later and tosses this aside.

22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
27Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.

Pauls way is the easy way. "Everyone will fall short, therefore faith alone will save you."

Jesus demanded more from you. He said you must LIVE as he said, not judging, doing unto others, etc. And he warned that there would be those who would come along and mislead.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think Christians need to understand that the Law may have been accomplished in Yeshua, but He holds us on a higher account.. Yeshua is MORE strict on sin than the law because the Law itself was works based.. As long as you carried out the Law then whatever you actually thought about it didnt matter, but with Yeshua you are no longer judged by what you do but the intents of your heart..... Thats tough!..... So with the Law you can carry it out much like the pharisees but inside be a total egomaniac tightwad who does things for show... But with Yeshua the heart and thinking has to be right too... If nothing has changed... If your heart hasnt changed then I have to ask if you have been to the cross? Your heart comes into line with His... And saying you love your brother is not enough... Love is an action... Prove it!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Young man, nice job garnishing FLAGS!

Do you believe..."Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the LORD Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you!...

is true?

Question? Did God or did He not say that?

If you say yes...

you...have...no business....floating (doubting) threads here in public??

Are you seeking counsel from the uninformed? If there is LIGHT, there is DARKNESS! Sorry for being sooo blunt (truthful
)

YOUR ANSWERS R NOT FOUND HERE....JUST LIKE THOSE DECIEVERS...

who manipulate the truth.

OT

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Yes He DID say that..... FOOD...... FOOD..... I will say it again for you OT... FOOD..... NOT money for the pastors new Harley but FOOD for the poor... I suggest you read the whole thing before you blow off.......

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I agree. Jesus asked us to go above just works for the sake of looking good in the eyes of others. He asked us to do more than the old Law, and he did say so explicitly.

Which is why I have to look upon Paul with deep distrust. He came along afterward and undid both the old law, and Jesus' call to a higher standard, and made it a matter of faith alone.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think Christians need to understand that the Law may have been accomplished in Yeshua, but He holds us on a higher account.. Yeshua is MORE strict on sin than the law because the Law itself was works based.. As long as you carried out the Law then whatever you actually thought about it didnt matter, but with Yeshua you are no longer judged by what you do but the intents of your heart..... Thats tough!..... So with the Law you can carry it out much like the pharisees but inside be a total egomaniac tightwad who does things for show... But with Yeshua the heart and thinking has to be right too... If nothing has changed... If your heart hasnt changed then I have to ask if you have been to the cross? Your heart comes into line with His... And saying you love your brother is not enough... Love is an action... Prove it!

Brother, I have read all your posts here, and am convinced that you are a true follower and understander of the truth! It is refreshing to meet someone that truly understands the message and teachings of the Bible! Your words are music to my ears... and even the choir likes to be preached to if what they are hearing is the truth!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Thanks. My first S&F!
Dos Linos

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

there is nothing holly about reptilian gods in the bible they eat human flash and soul that is why they were forcing earthlings in to he house of god (church) so the kids can be tortured and eaten saving the whole village for some time
xeeatwelve.net

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by k3456789

Yeah... Those pesky reptilians

second freakin line

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Interesting question posed,
The law of tithing is believed to have been enforced between the 13th & 15th centuries, but possibly earlier.

From what I've discovered in some research I'm doing for an upcoming novel I'm working on, it appears to had been dictated into law by King Henry the Eight of England, the self-appointed head of the Anglican Church of England, in 1534 (The Act of Supremacy), and has had a countless amendments attached into it over the centuries and decreed to the law, post Henry the Eight's rule.

Basically it gave the Lords of the Land control over their local parishes (they basically owned the church parishes), who had been instructed by the Archbishop of Canterbury at the time, Thomas Cranmer, to collect a tithe. Thus the demand was made to support a tithing by creating a law for its collection by the parishes throughout England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland.

Subsequently to avoid rebellions (such as the Prayer Book Rebellion of 1547 in Devon), the Church of England incorporated that law into the scripture books, now making it a law from God, which made it easier for their ignorant citizens to accept. Many of whom could not read or write (99%). Because it was now a divine order from God.

Remember now, the Roman Catholic Church was controlled by the Emperor of Rome, during the dark ages, and various Popes, with considerable power, including their own armies, during the middle ages. Thus controlling most of Modern Europe, North Africa, and parts of the Middle East (up until the crusades began, but that's another story).

The question now is, "Who is profiting from the collection of tithe?" and, "A what is being done with it?"

Interesting questions, and certainly ones that always seem to lead to certain governments and corporations. Including the New World Order.

Just food for thought.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJournalEditor

Interesting. I've heard something along these lines before. Basically, the way I interpret this is that the tithe instituted under King Henry was, in fact, the first official income tax. And, it was the tithe that gave way to the rise of the banking industry and subsequent power.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
the whole idea of tithing should be about karma...

give, and you shall receive...

karma exists, and once you're aware of it, you'll start noticing that you will get something good back if you wholeheartedly give.

i just think there are better ways of giving than to the church itself...

i also hear from the Bible that you're suppossed to tithe around 10% of your total income...

...don't ask what passage it is, because i don't remember at the moment, but it's in there

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome

karma exists, and once you're aware of it, you'll start noticing that you will get something good back if you wholeheartedly give.

i also hear from the Bible that you're suppossed to tithe around 10% of your total income...

...don't ask what passage it is, because i don't remember at the moment, but it's in there

Wow, you really need to go back and read these posts. It is NOT in the Bible.

Another individual who goes strictly on what they've heard.

Educate yourself and LEARN what the tithe really meant. [Hint: It ain't about money]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by adrenochrome

Wow, you really need to go back and read these posts. It is NOT in the Bible.

Another individual who goes strictly on what they've heard.

Educate yourself and LEARN what the tithe really meant. [Hint: It ain't about money]

adrenochrome, in addition to Freenrgy2's advice, giving for personal gain, rather than from an unselfish heart, can buy you a lot of dark karma.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I had this conversation with my husband just recently. It has become rather confusing listening to what society says, reading what happened in the OT and reading Paul's words in the NT. We worry, sometimes, that because it is so difficult sometimes to be sure that we are giving exactly 10%, that we try to justify another way.

My husband said that he believes that God wants us to give to anyone who is in need. We also need to give to our church and to people in the mission field with our church. A Christian person who has means, should never pass a homeless person or an organization for the homeless and not give. We believe God wants us to give our time, our talents, our trades, even the things we don't use anymore...not to sell, but for others who can use it. Our lives should be based on giving. BUT we really get incensed when we visit and church who "sells" the offering. We had a man in a rolex tell our kids to empty their piggy banks and give for the new building they were building. We should give before we pay our bills! Trust God to provide. Is that really fair? That is where we fall victim to giving in shame. God wants us to give happily, joyfully and prayerfully....NOT to get something in return!!!! Am I right? I liked your past and I am glad someone has brought up this subject.

I will never give to someone on TV....I read an article in Charisma Magazine that a lady sent a simple letter asking for advice on how to be saved, to many of the top tv evanglism programs -- she included $20.00 in the letter. 1 small church actually sent her a written letter, guiding her through acceptance of Christ. The others sent her booklets and said they would add her to their database and only 1/2 of them thanked her for her donation. That's pretty sad to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from in your reply...but don't you think that SOME televangelists have put a bad taste in people's mouths? My family attended so many churches before we found one that was "real". There are so many churches out there that want to have the HUGE buildings, the best bands, the biggest entertainment, the best coffee shops, book shops, etc. I have such a hard time giving money to a church who keeps doing renovations every other month. I have been through sermons where people were shamed into tithing. Isn't about giving from the heart? Giving often? Giving all you can when you can? That's where it gets hazy for me. Firstfruits....Does it mean that if you make 7000/mo before taxes that you have to give 700/mo and then you don't worry about it? You're good to go...?? Or does it mean that sometimes you are going to give less and sometimes more to someone in need, who needs a house, a car, some food, some clothes. You are going to give regularly to your church for missions, electric bills, etc. But do you know where some people are coming from who are seeing the constant message...give to get! give to get! ???

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join