It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Is Smart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Whether you agree or disagree, the connection between the government and the media is closer then we think. Ever think about how the media really works. How we find stuff out from them, and then later, we are manipulated to think the opposite. Is this a release and take back way of the government in control. In otherwords, what we get, is not what they want us to hear. You all talk of how we are given information, and then later we find out it is false, so we are taught to disregard all of it to begin with. Is the Media, a part of the government, that makes you believe we are being told something, yet really it is just a cover-up?

Key Example:
During this War in Iraq, we are told about "Live" attacks on certain locations on certain groups'leaders. Can you really tell me that the Government wants us to know this. What, Sadaam, didn't have CNN. WHy is it we hear some incriminating evidence, and not stuff like "who really shot JFK?"

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by MKugs]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
yup its true, the media has been kicking our asses for the last 100 years.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
YOu must make sure you get all of your info from a reliable source.

If you are looking up a story about america and england you have to read the american paper and the english paper. Its suprising to see how things get turned around.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I dont think so, listen to all the stupid questions that are constantly asked at the White House's press conferences. They dont have a clue of what is going on.

We have free press, just too many reporters and stories do not tell what what really happened and it is common for a story to be tweeked in the interest of popularity. Ignorance is a problem with the media.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I dont think so, listen to all the stupid questions that are constantly asked at the White House's press conferences. They dont have a clue of what is going on.

They don't or we don't?Maybe you didnt read what I wrote. I'm talking about the connection between the Government and the media. Ever heard the term "Political Puppets?" The media acts as a sense of truth and comfort to the people, yet they are giving to us just what the government wants....nothing.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by MKugs]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well i see it that we have a lot of reporters who dont see whats going on and constantly ask vague or irrelevent questions. There is also a problem with the reporters and their failure to ask direct questions to the right people, like "are some UFOs ET craft and we are being visited" or "Why are images and information from Iraq being censored?"

If they dont like the question the gov't can always plee no answer in the name of national security.

Of course the government plays a role in what the media puts out, especailly this when the election just around the corner. So much on there is propaganda for either party.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, that last Bush news conference sure looked prepackaged. Complete with ambiguous answers to fit any vague question. So is the media lame or are they only asking the questions they are allowed to?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
So is the media lame or are they only asking the questions they are allowed to?

BINGO!

new topics

top topics

join