It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Hockey to Health Care - Canada continues to own America...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
'nuff said.

Just thought it was an interesting metaphor, getting our asses kicked on the ice (man, what a game, though!) against the current political climate.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Crap! That was a great game though. I'm happy for Sid, he's got to be on top of the world. Now come back to the Burgh! Go Pens.

You got booted quick off of ATS
none hockey fans.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
well done Canada!!! already seeing "US got the more medals" here and there, but I say let Canada have their glory!

Great Great game!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Health Care - Canada continues to own America

Really?

How many Yanks go to Canada for health care?

How many Canuks go to USA for their healthcare?

I don't care about Olympics so no comment there.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have only heard one person mention the medals.

It was a fantastic game!!!
Both sides played great. I am happy for Canada for getting a chance to win on their own turf.

Pretty sad no one can discuss Olympics without bringing up politics, and then wonder why I don't like them.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Canada!
Canada!
Canada!
Canada!
Canada!
Canada!
Canada!
Canada!

[edit on 2/28/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
After Canada Won the gold in mens hockey,I developed the ability to fly,YAY.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66d7ed4c7df2.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well, I personally think the U.S. team gave it to the Canucks.

Seriously,if they were to lose the national sport (that and that super exciting sport of curling) of their country all hell would have broke loose.

I don't think our team or their team would have gotten out of the arena alive.

Our boys did a very honorable thing, letting the Canucks win.

It did go into overtime didn't it?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

'nuff said.

Just thought it was an interesting metaphor, getting our asses kicked on the ice (man, what a game, though!) against the current political climate.

If you thought the U.S. got their asses kicked in that game then you weren't watching the same game I was.
Remember, the United States hockey team wasn't even supposed to be in medal contention so I would say having a perfect record as well as #1 seed going into the gold medal game then losing in OT is a damn good accomplishment.

Am I bitter we didn't win gold?? hell yes I am

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

So Canada won, I'm happy for you. I always felt Canadians had a bit of an inferiorty complex. I could never figure out why. And as this is their national sport, I'm very pleased they won, eventually.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
fyi - I am an American.

(yeah, we didn't get our 'asses' kicked' - THAT was more directed at the health care sitch)

[edit on 3/2/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee
How many Yanks go to Canada for health care?

Lots of people who can not afford treatment in the US.

www.nytimes.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Originally posted by wookiee
How many Canuks go to USA for their healthcare?

Lots of rich people who are not satisfied that they have to wait a bit for their non-emergency procedures, and all people who need services and procedures that are not widely available in Canada (bills are still covered by the province).

www.freep.com...

As for the hockey it was a close game. I think Canada could have gone to more younger players like the Americans did. Players like Brodeur, Neidermeyer, Pronger are getting somewhat long in the tooth. But it all worked out in the end.

Nothing like a heated rivalry to bring out the best, and worst, in people.

Lueders is a douche bag.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I am starting to get the impression that ATSers don't care for Curling.

*laughs*
Though you had to love the Norway Pants.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I had 2 choices when we moved out west... Canada or amerika. Without hesitation i chose canada.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I am starting to get the impression that ATSers don't care for Curling.

*laughs*
Though you had to love the Norway Pants.

I actually watched the women's Curling gold medal game and even though it took me most of the match to finally figure out how to score, it was pretty fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
I actually watched the women's Curling gold medal game and even though it took me most of the match to finally figure out how to score, it was pretty fun to watch.

I would hope that most would know how to score before watching any Olympic event...

On a poignant note, the U.S. Hockey Team performed magnificently, and have no reason to hang their head in shame. Canada came far closer to a meltdown in the OT win than the U.S. did in the loss.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

On a poignant note, the U.S. Hockey Team performed magnificently, and have no reason to hang their head in shame. Canada came far closer to a meltdown in the OT win than the U.S. did in the loss.

During the course of the entire game I kept telling my girlfriend that both of these teams are playing so well it's too bad 1 team has to lose.

Being an LA Kings fan I was also very proud of the way all the Kings players on both teams did, from Jack Johnson, Dustin Brown to Drew Doughty- the 20 year old that some questioned when he was named to the team but played like a veteran all star, being put in key situations and logging a ton of ice time.

What a great Olympics for hockey.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

During the course of the entire game I kept telling my girlfriend that both of these teams are playing so well it's too bad 1 team has to lose.

Well said.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It thought this was interesting. Just to illustrate how many people were watching the game, here is the water use in the city of Edmonton. Notice the correlation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bfe7e8f5807.jpg[/atsimg]

www.patspapers.com...

It was probably very similar all across Canada.

new topics

top topics

join