It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Earthquake causes flooding off California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
OC Flooded by Earthquake of their West Coast

The combination of a big storm-stoked west swell and unusually high tide has caused minor flooding in parts of Seal Beach, Sunset Beach and Huntington Beach and led to the closure of the southbound lanes of Pacific Coast Highway between Seal Beach Boulevard and Seapointe — a roughly six mile stretch. Authorities also closed Aliso Beach, and there’s a report that waves hit some ocean-front houses south of Main Beach, Laguna Beach. At 1 p.m., the southbound section of PCH between Warner and Seapoint was still closed.

Is it me or is the Pacific Techtonic Plate Shifting from all the earthquake activity?

Any Thoughts...

Fox

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think there is nothing in that article about an earthquake causing anything.
Just big surf and high tides.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As much as I hate to admit it, I live in Orange County and have most of my life. I can imagine this realization is almost as shattering as one's first visit to AA, as I live in a county most known to the outside world as the home of Dinyland and a huge megachurch of mythic proportions. But I can tell you that any slight weather anomaly (by anomaly I mean deviation from our usual 75 degrees) is ridiculously over publicized. So I wouldn't put much stock into this flooding.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
These areas in Laguna & HB have flooded a number of times.
Along with the tidal changes that occurred yesterday we also
had a number of storms passing through. I doubt the qauke
near Catalina had any effect.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by don rumsfeld]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I like the Huntington Beach area. Beautiful beaches. Good to hear the flooding isn't bad... the pictures look bad, though. 10' waves. Hopefully, homes and business were not damaged.

Here's a link on the small earthquake.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Maybe I missed something...but I see no mention of 'earthquake'.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I live in Huntington, the waves were big today. But, it is normal to close that stretch of PCH during big winter storms. Nothing to see here but some big waves!!! BUT, I have a friend who lives in one of those three story jobs down on the number streets and he swears he sees lights shining up from under water more than once out straight from Golden West street in the ocean. UFO action in HB. Who would have thunk it?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I heard about a very powerful storm sweeping across Europe. I wonder if that is related to the earthquakes and Tsunami.

Would the force of so much water shifting back and forth change the weather patterns?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Apologies... I hit up the wrong link, it showed the flooding but no the earthquake... hopefully there isn't the big quake coming.

LadySkadi
Thansk for putting up the link.

Fox

top topics

join