It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore: We Can’t Wish Away Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Al Gore: We Can’t Wish Away Climate Change

We Can't Wish Away Climate Change by Al Gore

I, for one, genuinely wish that the climate crisis were an illusion... It is true that the climate panel published a flawed overestimate of the melting rate of debris-covered glaciers in the Himalayas, and used information about the Netherlands provided to it by the government, which was later found to be partly inaccurate. In addition, e-mail messages stolen from the University of East Anglia in Britain showed that scientists besieged by an onslaught of hostile, make-work demands from climate skeptics may not have adequately followed the requirements of the British freedom of information law.

But the scientific enterprise will never be completely free of mistakes. What is important is that the overwhelming consensus on global warming remains unchanged. It is also worth noting that the panel’s scientists — acting in good faith on the best information then available to them — probably underestimated the range of sea-level rise in this century, the speed with which the Arctic ice cap is disappearing and the speed with which some of the large glacial flows in Antarctica and Greenland are melting and racing to the sea.

Similarly, even though climate deniers have speciously argued for several years that there has been no warming in the last decade, scientists confirmed last month that the last 10 years were the hottest decade since modern records have been kept.

Thus spaketh Al Gore, climbing out of his snowy burrow — like Punxsutawney Phil, arising in mid-winter to deliver one more totally incorrect climate prediction — and enumerating the various ways in which Science has been dead wrong on Manmade Global Warming, only to follow it up with assurances that Science is totally correct in spite of being totally wrong.

No, Mr. Gore, the problem is that mistakes — MANY mistakes — have been made all along, and that YOU, as the unqualified poster boy for the MMGW Hoax, are the biggest liar of them all. You're not qualified to speak on climate change nor any other scientific subject.

In fact, the only subjects upon which Al Gore is truly qualified to speak are Russian weapons deals for Iran and accepting payola from the Communist Chinese government.

Gore is otherwise just a blathering fool who doesn't seem to realize that in enumerating the ways in which Science has been wrong, he has just admitted that Science has been totally wrong on virtually every assertion of Global Warming.

And then, to cap his rebuttal, Gore reasserts that the last decade has been the "hottest on record"... Which is not only wrong but ridiculously wrong. When is Gore going to voluntarily return his Academy Award and Nobel Prize, I wonder?

Or do we have to pry his cold, dead fingers off of them?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/28/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

This guys credentials are down around his ankles. He has been shown to be an international fool amongst fools.

I just don't know how these guys sleep at night.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
we cant wish away climate change. BUT, we can REASON away man-made global warming. Why the hell would anybody think about "wishing away climate change?"

do we really live on a static planet whose temperatures should never change? what a bunch of semantic bull.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

At first this guy was a little funny, with his false theories and scare-monger tactics for profit.

But now, with governments and institutions all over the world backing him, and TRYING DESPERATELY to prove his lies are true.... He just aggravates me now.

This guy is the poster boy for ushering Agenda 21.... I wish more people were allergic to bullsh**.

But something tells me these guys will get their way, whether they have our support or not.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey Doc, I am going to paraphrase Gore's statement now.

Oh no's, it's the ManBearPig.

I am SERIAL, SUPER SERIAL!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
How can climate change be wished away? I for one don't see how you can wish away something that doesn't exist?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It should be noted, that Phil Jones who cries foul that bloggers and climate deniers/sceptics are disrupting the flow of science, and obstructing peer review, is guilty himself of trying to block a scientific study from being published. Thankfully though, the study in question had 3 reviewers, Jones was the minority in the 2-1 result for publication.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Tell Algore that I just shovelled several feet of "global warming" off my driveway this year.

He's such a tool.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think were all pretty convinced global warming is a joke. The best thing gore can do now is keep his mouth shut.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Who gave the politicians the right to own the climate? And why are we the only once who can make the changes?

If we all stopped working at the factories. Stopped buying cars.And stopped driving and Stopped flying. I think the climate pipe would change a lot. Because the politicians wont give us a proper alternative to what we have.

All that money they are trying to trick from us with this crap, is so that they can build more roads, more cars. more airplanes ,more factories and get a bigger bonus next year.

Where i live in Norway. They have put up these barriers where you have to pay a fee. Its free to leave the city but you have to pay to get back in. The argument they used was climate. There was to much traffic. Well the people listen and took this seriously. So we reduced the amount of time we spent on the road.

But then the government had to raise the fee because the barriers didn't bring in enough money. That sure pissed of a lot of people. Because the climate wasn't the problem. Getting enough money out of this scam was.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

his attention meter was getting dangerously close to the "everyone is ignoring me" mark. He has to drum up some fresh attention so he feels important. I sometimes stop to think about what the history books will read like in 40 years. Maybe he will go down as a hero. A champion for idiots. If you never give up, they can't help but pay you some attention.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What I would like to do is wish that con-man away to the rest of his miserable life in jail for fraud on a global scale.

Really, him and the other idiot so called climate scientists that cooked the data need to be made an example of and locked up.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is my favorite bit of the Al Gore op-ed:

In addition, e-mail messages stolen from the University of East Anglia in Britain showed that scientists besieged by an onslaught of hostile, make-work demands from climate skeptics may not have adequately followed the requirements of the British freedom of information law.

"May not have adequately followed the requirements of the British freedom of information law."

Gore couldn't be THIS clueless, could he? What the stolen emails amply exposed was the FACT that MMGW scientists were conspiring and deliberately lying to create a climate of global hysteria in an effort to influence governmental policy on a worldwide scale.

If it was left up to me, the email thieves should be receiving the Nobel Prize, not these gangsters in the scientific and political communities.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/28/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The Nobel prize

I suggest to boycott the Nobel prize. As remember, Obama got one.

The Nobel prize peace ore freedom or so ?
Only thing is. He aint done nothing yet. Later he did. He send more troops away from home for example.

I think it stinks ! Every single one of them.
Filthy politicians. :shk:

[edit on 28/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You know, we can easily fix global warming.

Everyone go out and buy massive air conditioners!!

top topics

join