It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Liberals launch Coffee Party (What???)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
Its going to get far worse before it gets better.

It has to, because until a sufficient number, including a number of people heretofore unscathed are really feeling the pain, nothing will change. Unfortunately, the bottom half will get clobbered, and the middle 30% will be in agony.

There are no easy answers. There's pain, and more pain followed by even more pain. If we can begin to right this ship now, maybe our kids' kids will see some benefit.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Trying to create a group to counter the TEA Party is just an admission that the TEA Parties are working.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well, I'm hoping that it has the desired effects.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You could certainly look at it that way.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
Its going to get far worse before it gets better.

It has to, because until a sufficient number, including a number of people heretofore unscathed are really feeling the pain, nothing will change. Unfortunately, the bottom half will get clobbered, and the middle 30% will be in agony.

There are no easy answers. There's pain, and more pain followed by even more pain. If we can begin to right this ship now, maybe our kids' kids will see some benefit.

Yep, that's about the only way things will get done. However, its been such a gradual process that it may not have the desired effect.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
Of course this makes sense.
Coffee cost a lot more than tea
I wanted to start TPA
Tavern Patrons Assoc.

That's pretty hilarious. Thanks for posting Donnie!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I like where you're coming from. I think you have a solid point there.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Welcome to satire, a mainstay of liberal humor. I understand that without a "Git er dun!" and laugh track to tell you when to laugh, a conservative could get lost in this particular wilderness.

"Coffee party" Bwahahahaha

[edit on 28-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

Funny how the liberals can use satire but it goes completely over their heads when it comes out of the mouth of Rush Limbaugh.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
After looking more into this Coffee Party Movement, I think it's been misrepresented a bit in this thread.

Instead of advocating straight progressive ideals, the movement claims to be more about creating a civil climate for political debate. It is against party affiliation entirely, and invites Americans to get beyond their notions of political labeling.

That is something I have heard championed on here quite a bit!

Well, I'm not trying to misrepresent it. I do feel, however, that instead of tons of separate parties popping up, why not join one collective movement that isn't separated by partisanship, to make the very needed point to our government???

I realize that this is what you stated in your post, however, this isn't the ideal of what is actually happening. The coffee party has intentionally separated itself from the Tea party for specific reasons, as shown in the article.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bagari

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Welcome to satire, a mainstay of liberal humor. I understand that without a "Git er dun!" and laugh track to tell you when to laugh, a conservative could get lost in this particular wilderness.

"Coffee party" Bwahahahaha

[edit on 28-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

Funny how the liberals can use satire but it goes completely over their heads when it comes out of the mouth of Rush Limbaugh.

Its all meaningless to me. We all need to pull together our resources because if we are divided against this Leviathan, then we don't stand a chance to remedy it.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I hate both coffee and tea. Can we have a Juice or even a soda party?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I hate both coffee and tea. Can we have a Juice or even a soda party?

I'm with you. The caffeine just makes me jittery.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Looks like The Coffee Party is just an Obama fan club.

Wonder what their funding source(s) are? Think I'll write all the major news networks and papers to ask them to do an in depth investigation into this organization.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
OK. The TEA Party stands for Taxed Enough Already. What do these angry liberals say the Coffee Party stands for?

That's a great RetCon. At the earliest formation it was a call on the historic Tea Party-where the people angry at taxes tossed tea into the river. It was literal Tea with symbolic meaning.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

OK. The TEA Party stands for Taxed Enough Already. What do these angry liberals say the Coffee Party stands for?

That's a great RetCon. At the earliest formation it was a call on the historic Tea Party-where the people angry at taxes tossed tea into the river. It was literal Tea with symbolic meaning.

Retroactive continuity (often shortened to retcon) is the deliberate changing of previously established facts in a work of serial fiction.

Source.

Hmmm. Can you please explain how I "deliberately changed" any "previously established facts" in what I posted? Do you see "From the beginning of the movement..." or similar wording in what I posted?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

its actually pretty simple...

the Boston Tea party was the inspiration - the "tea partiers" of today are holding onto a piece of our nations history - unjustly - to pass on their republican agenda

The original Boston tea party was to show opposition to Britain - The Brits drink tea.

Americans drink coffee.

Its just another ploy, i agree. But the meaning is overwhelmingly obvious

The dems nominate Obama
The GOP promotes Michael Steele

The dems gain popularity with Hillary
The GOP veeps Palin

Now its the GOP's turn to make the first move, and the DNCs turn to play copy-cat.

Its not that hard

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

"I am still waiting for the day that American's can drop the party differences that separates them, and collectively agree that there's something amiss other than Democrat verses Republican. Either way...the Dems who make decisions are equally as rich as the Repubs who make decisions. Meanwhile, there are regular people like you and I who can't get a bite to eat."

Well that seems very reasonable to me. It seems a long way off. Be prepared for a load of people who are living from paycheck to paycheck to go hunting for their last pot of tar and their mouldy feathers to attack you and call you the following:

1) a lizard man

2) a godless communist (despite you hated Russia and attend church every sunday)

3) an agent of the NWO

4) an dis informationist

5) a misinformationist.

6) a jew

7) a moslem

8) a catholic jew

Etc.

Anyway

After that come over to Britain as we are in a similar hole. And we need all of the level headed pragmatists we can get.

Cheers

T

PS Sad as it seems people would rather call anyone names and huff and puff than do anything practical to change government.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

Retroactive continuity (often shortened to retcon) is the deliberate changing of previously established facts in a work of serial fiction.

Source.

Hmmm. Can you please explain how I "deliberately changed" any "previously established facts" in what I posted? Do you see "From the beginning of the movement..." or similar wording in what I posted?

I didn't mean to imply that YOU did. If that is being held as the meaning now, then it was a retcon. Back when the Tea Party movement was in the hands of Paul it used the imagery of the original Tea Party without added meaning to protest. Later when the movement was hijacked came the retcons.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

So making a word into an acronym is considered deliberately changing established facts? I think they did it to connect with a higher percentage of the American voters. Not many people outside of New England really feel much connection with the events of the Boston Tea Party of 1773, other than what they read in high school American history.

Can you list any other established facts of The Tea Party movement deliberately changed since it was hijacked? And it seems, after this last CPAC, Ron Paul is still pretty popular with Conservatives, not particularly Republicans which have distanced themselves quite a bit from true Conservative values.

Here's Ron Paul's views on The Tea Party movement from February 5, 2010.
audio.wnyc.org...

[edit on 2/28/10 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by lordtyp0

So making a word into an acronym is considered deliberately changing established facts? I think they did it to connect with a higher percentage of the American voters. Not many people outside of New England really feel much connection with the events of the Boston Tea Party of 1773, other than what they read in high school American history.

When one stacks additional meaning, they change the original meaning. The events that lead to the original Tea Party are radically different than now: They had no representatives-for starters.

So yes, adding or changing meaning is corruptive on original intent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join