It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Liberals launch Coffee Party (What???)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, at least Americans are waking up, but, this stuff is getting nonsensical. Evidently, overspending and the effects of the economy has finally taken its toll.

Star and flag if you think this is pertinent information folks. Others need to see it. And despite what some members think, star and flag isn't about popularity, its about getting this message to the mainstream.

What amazes me though is how long this has actually taken.

Snippet from source:

Furious at the tempest over the Tea Party -- the scattershot citizen uprising against big government and wild spending -- Annabel Park did what any American does when she feels her voice has been drowned out: She squeezed her anger into a Facebook status update.

let's start a coffee party . . . smoothie party. red bull party. anything but tea. geez. ooh how about cappuccino party? that would really piss 'em off bec it sounds elitist . . . let's get together and drink cappuccino and have real political dialogue with substance and compassion.

source:
www.washingtonpost.com...

I am still waiting for the day that American's can drop the party differences that separates them, and collectively agree that there's something amiss other than Democrat verses Republican. Either way...the Dems who make decisions are equally as rich as the Repubs who make decisions. Meanwhile, there are regular people like you and I who can't get a bite to eat.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
OK. The TEA Party stands for Taxed Enough Already. What do these angry liberals say the Coffee Party stands for?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Welcome to satire, a mainstay of liberal humor. I understand that without a "Git er dun!" and laugh track to tell you when to laugh, a conservative could get lost in this particular wilderness.

"Coffee party" Bwahahahaha

[edit on 28-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Caffeine gives power to the people.

BA DA TSK

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Welcome to satire, a mainstay of liberal humor. I understand that without a "Git er dun!" and laugh track to tell you when to laugh, a conservative could get lost in this particular wilderness.

I'm not so sure this is a parody. But I do agree about the "get er dun"
style of humor the right wing appreciates.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=8207450#pid8207450

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
OK. The TEA Party stands for Taxed Enough Already. What do these angry liberals say the Coffee Party stands for?

Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

I am still waiting for the day that American's can drop the party differences that separates them, and collectively agree that there's something amiss other than Democrat verses Republican.

Amen. You know it, I know it, millions of other people know it, so why isn't it addressed?

Not only do the two parties encourage and thrive on it, but so does the media. And the media does because it sells. People focus n the false dichotomy because it's easier to understand the dynamics of "us vs them" than it is to focus on any solutions.

It's a sham and a rigged game. One of the most distressing aspects is how an organization like the Tea Party, which I believe had an honest and reasonable intention in the beginning but it didn't take long to be co opted by the usual same old same old.

I don't have an answer, and I'm no longer sure there is one. No one in power cares about doing anything right, only about numbers as related to voters. The Democrats promise their base they'll take stuff away from people who have too much and distribute it fairly. The Republicans promise their base they'll fight to make sure they can keep all their stuff and let everyone else fend for themselves. A bit simplistic perhaps, but I believe generally accurate.

And given those perceived differences, does anything meaningful really change based upon which party is in power?

Nope, not that I can tell. Every year we lose a little more. A little more freedom, a little more financial security. And that may be the saddest thing. Based upon what it's costing us, what the hell are we buying, other than our own misery?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

[edit on 28-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

Things are getting pretty ridiculous...aren't they?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.

That's our mission statement, as it stands right now.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Coffee Party...

I would guess Communistic Oppression Faking Freedom Everywhere for Everyone

While not as pretty as Commie Outcasts Feeling F****ing Everyone Excludes them, it stays within the T&C.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Of course this makes sense.
Coffee cost a lot more than tea
I wanted to start TPA
Tavern Patrons Assoc.

link   
The name at least I am sure is satirically poking fun at the Tea Party, I'm interested in what ideas will come out of it or if it will have any staying power. In my observation when liberals in America try to organize and utilize the same forms of voter mobilization that conservatives do, it does not work out well. Air America was supposed to take back talk radio from the right-wing, too bad it didn't.

Instead I believe that liberals have to understand where they have their mobilization strengths, instead of starting a reactionary group like this Coffee Party.

link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

I couldn't agree more. Its going to get far worse before it gets better.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think it is a good sign that many people (various groups all over the country) are stepping up and making sure their voices are heard. Community activism and grass roots movements. Nothing better to see, whether one approves of the message, or not. I give them all props for active involvement...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Collective will is being stamped out. The only will that I see being enforced is that of the elite.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

You are correct about that. And I'm glad to see it too. However, too little...too late. This damage is pretty much irreparable.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The more "they" push, the more the people will become involved (those who would not have become involved before) and I think this "coffee movement" and "tea movement" are the beginnings of that. I won't chide them for actively doing something that *most* seem unwilling to do, other than b*tch... I applaud them for it...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Maybe if they did some work instead of party all the time they could pay some of their huge debt. Just sayin.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
After looking more into this Coffee Party Movement, I think it's been misrepresented a bit in this thread.

Instead of advocating straight progressive ideals, the movement claims to be more about creating a civil climate for political debate. It is against party affiliation entirely, and invites Americans to get beyond their notions of political labeling.

That is something I have heard championed on here quite a bit!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Which is why I have a problem taking them seriously as a movement. I am sure the Coffee Party will gather the same kind of activists that follow the flavor of the week causes.

It should be noted that the TEA Party was not a Republican movement, but one that espoused fiscal responsibility and placing the country back on track of traditional values. While conservative in nature, it did attract quite a few liberals and Democrats.

A truly opposite movement to the TEA party, would be an advocation of fascism at best and complete anarchy at the extreme. Although, an extreme reduction government would ultimately end at anarchy as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join