It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tainted Word of God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Is it not written in the bible that you should not judge ?

Thanks more links

When I´m done with all of them I can call myself a scholar

( a joke )

[edit on 1/3/10 by Sinter Klaas]

Do you people not read the Bible at all?

It says for us to make righteous judgement.

Hence, the "do not judge" is yet one more verse
taken out of context to try to keep Christians
quiet.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by peggy m
To begin with, Adam and Eve were the parents of the Jewish.

To quote my Cousin Vinnie

"Really? Are you sure?"

To begin with, the Jewish are decendants of Adam and Eve.

Adam and Eve are the parents of Seth.
Eve is also the parent of Cain

Neither of these "Parents" are or have anything to do with the Jews, aside from they (The Jewish) are "PART" of the Bloodline of Seth.

This is the BEST that a "Jew" may claim. This is the Best Anyone can claim aside from Seth.

I hope you get the point I am trying to make Peggy.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

While you are correct in your observations, your conclusion is not as solid as you might think. The scriptures do expressly say that each man should be convinced of his own judgments. But, the condemnation of God is different than this in that while all men are convinced of themselves, not all men are yet right. So what kind of judge you are is the judge you will be regarding righteousness and there is Order and Charity in that. The expression of this in the individual from whom God is being expressed is to accept all as they have been made, "For who has resisted His will?" Everyone who denies themselves will be cut off.

If you understand scripture fairly deeply, the pun was intended.
10 bux to anyone who can find the pun and put a view on it.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, you have much more receiving to do or else you will not have enough. Don't worry though, this is not your fault. It's just the way things are. Thank God for all things.

Digressing. All men are gifted for what have they done to receive? And yet they receive. The call to the Children of God is one that brings grace and comfort to all. If it does not, than those who call are liars. However, those men who receive this teaching as hate, are pride themselves. Those men who receive this teaching with ignorance, are chaos. Removing the "religion" and keep the receiving, liars are as easy to see as the discourtesy in the gays vs. conservatives war. People complain of wars, well, begin with these wars and physical war will appear as horrific as it truly is.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord

reply to post by cjcord

Interesting question.

Thank you.

Evil, or wickedness, or sin; appears in all theologies and mythos. But i think only Christianity has the monopoly on a eternal place of damnation lorded over by a deceiver.
Thank you this means I was right all along.

This is the basis from where the churge keeps it's followers ( not all ) in line with. But it's false.

ETA: I wouldn't actually call myself Jewish. I was raised Jewish, I teach my children about their Jewish heritage, but I think I am much more of agnostic.
My understanding of Jewish is a Jew is child from a Jewish mother.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

reply to post by nomorecruelty

Is it not written in the bible that you should not judge ?

Thanks more links

When I´m done with all of them I can call myself a scholar

( a joke )

[edit on 1/3/10 by Sinter Klaas]

Do you people not read the Bible at all?

It says for us to make righteous judgement.

Hence, the "do not judge" is yet one more verse
taken out of context to try to keep Christians
quiet.

I've got to say the righteous judgements are not the ones that bother me at all.

[edit on 2/3/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Originally posted by Shane

Then you should be aware of King James and the Masonic implications this merry Mason would certainly have placed within the premise set forth in his "English Translation".

This is why I stress the need to obtain a Strong's Concordance. The details Strong placed when preparing his Concordance is amazing, and NONE have every come close to mark since. Using this as your reference tool allows the reader the opportunity to check for themselves and verify if the Translation was offered in context to the Original Hebrew or Greek Texts.

Aha you give the advice so I can see for myself clearly it's alterd ?

No insult intented. People in general, tend to make things more difficult than they actually are.

Oh You mean Occam's razor ?

GOD recreated the Races (Mankind) on the 6th day and on the Day after the day of rest, he Created a unique individual called a farmer. Prior to this, the management of Food Stuff's came from the bounty of the earth throught it's floral and fauna. From Adam and forward Agriculture is introduced.

You really believe this ?

If they (Children) can get it, it must not be as complicated as some wish to make it.

No in this I disagree with you. childeren know.

The Accuser is Satan. He has many other names. Ishtar, Zeus, Apollyon, The Devil, The Great Serpent are just some. It is just Satan means the accuser or for the sake of my last post.

According to Judaism he doesn't exist. Christianity is besed on Judaism.
What do you think of this ?

Sorry I said faith, I meant to say religion

If you must, say Faith.
Religion is the PROBLEM.

Religion is the problem
The context I wrote it in I definitely meant religion .

Anyhow, thanks for the kind remarks.

Your welcome !

Ciao

-SK

Edit.
David Koresh. ?
Are you related to the situation ?

up:

[edit on 2/3/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Adam and Eve were not the parents of the Jewish lineage. They were the parents of spiritual man. How literal their story is is completely irrelevant to what we can learn about man. Within this construct, it is broken down into where we came from as creatures lacking judgment, attempting judgment away from God, and the obvious failure therein. Christ is another story, and while being historically provable in terms of His existence, it still is more important to learn from rather than prove or disprove. Within this second construct, it is broken down into where we came from as creatures who fail in independent judgment, that the acceptance of our lack of self-completion is manifested in repentance, and, because God is gracious, that those who manifest truth about judgment will receive glory from the riches of the Creators.

The imperfect cannot lift themselves up to perfection. Perfection lifts up the imperfect to become perfect as a declaration of their compassion and strength. Those who claim to be perfect differ from those who understand that God is perfecting them. Those who claim to be more than animals are only slightly different than the animals if those who make claims are yet blatant hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
How literal their story is is completely irrelevant to what we can learn about man.

You may hold to this, and that is fine.

It is expressed quite clearly, who are decendants, and how the Family line does travel. And it does flow through Adam and Eve to Abraham, and his offspring.

Does this give the Jew a Status unlike others? Of course not. The Arab Princes are from Abraham. Are they anymore special than anyone else? Of course not, but the FAMILY LINE is clearly developed.

Actually, IF I could be so BOLD, I would have no difficulty expressing the following.

THE BIBLE IS THE FAMILY TREE OF CHRIST. From Adam to Jesus. It is there, in depth, along with all the others Nations/Peoples.

But you opinion is yours to have and express. Do not mistake my reply. I DO UNDERSTAND what it was you had attempted to express.

Those who claim to be perfect differ from those who understand that God is perfecting them.

Actually, those who claim to be perfect, tend to be Liberals / Demoncrats
and see themselves as the Apple of Lucifer's Eye.

Just joking, truthfully, Those who claim to be perfect, are liars, to themselves and others. All have sinned. It's the nature of man. Even the Pope sins. NONE, but Christ was / is perfect.

Thanks for the Post and making your points about the matter though. Thoughts, should be welcomed by all.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Aha you give the advice so I can see for myself clearly it's alterd ?

Actually, I am sowing seeds. If they grow, is upto you and GOD.

Why should I not? Science confirms this?

No in this I disagree with you. childeren know.

O.K. I have no difficulties with this either.

According to Judaism he doesn't exist. Christianity is besed on Judaism. What do you think of this ?

Well, actually, Christianity is based upon the acceptance of Jesus Christ as a personal saviour, and belief that he is the Messiah. The "Jewish" Population, at that time rejected this notion, since they expected more in a Messiah. Nothing less than the removal of the Roman Scum from the region would do.

Isaiah, Daniel, Genesis, Job, to name some, indicate Satan, in various roles, does exist. The New Testament is also in confirmation of those Old Testament Books.

What do I think of this?

I do not really care what Judaism accepts or believes.

That's not my concern what other's believe. Everyone is entitled to have a view or belief system.

I have mine, and I can tell you I am certain, not many Christains believe what I believe. I would expect only about 1 % of any of the post I could secure on a subject may express a positive reply. Many do indicate they appreciate my contributions but dismiss my views. Some just think I am looney.

It's all good, if a seed takes and someone, anyone, opts to actually pickup the Letter GOD has for THEM.

David Koresh. ?
Are you related to the situation ?

Does it concern me when a Government persecutes Christains for their beliefs? Yes.

Am I a Branch Davidian? No.

But discussing this is another post that is likely now in the bowels of BTS somewhere.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

I understand I made a mistake in typing: "Adam and Eve were not the parents of the Jewish lineage." It should read: "Adam and Eve were not simply the parents of the Jewish lineage."

Otherwise, I really don't understand what you are communicating since we are all provably cousins. More so, as the sacrifices of the old days are no longer required of man, Adam and Eve is about relating the transition of man from a basic communion with God, as the animals also have, to a broken complex relationship. Christ is about relating the transition of man from a broken complex relationship with God, as all men also have, to a complex communion with God.

The connections, the sinews of understanding that hold these things together, are not the names or the places, but rather, that they happened in some form. I do believe there was an Adam and Eve, but I do not care whether they were named Adam and Eve. Likewise, if Christ is not known to a person it should not matter, if you are like Christ and are known to them. They should be able to commune with God by the catalyst of the gifts given to you by the Creators. This would be regarding establishment. However, in being sustained, or the process of sanctification, historical details would be revealed as appropriate.

Wisdom is not the same as knowledge. This concept may well be forgotten by the modern church, but it is yet a common mantra even with newly converted christians.

[edit on 3/3/2010 by Dasher]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
[

I believe this is what the poster was referring to:

GOD recreated the Races (Mankind) on the 6th day and on the Day after the day of rest, he Created a unique individual called a farmer. Prior to this, the management of Food Stuff's came from the bounty of the earth throught it's floral and fauna. From Adam and forward Agriculture is introduced.

So the posters's question is: Do you really believe this is literally what happened. Your answer- science confirms this, with a question mark, can mean two things:
1. Science confirms this? = Does science confirm this?
2. science confirms this? = Yes, I believe this since science confirms this, why would you ask?

My response:
1. No, no it doesn't
2. Could you help me find this scientific evidence? Thanks so much.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord
My response:
1. No, no it doesn't
2. Could you help me find this scientific evidence? Thanks so much.

Well, let me see.

Does Science not support the following.

Man, decended from the Trees and "Evolved" into an Humaniod form, which later in some chain of sequences become further "Evolved" into a more Modern Man, with some "Missing Link" near the End.

I believe the RE-CREATION story expressed in the Genesis, Chatper 1 account is this missing link. Plain and Simple.

In respects to the Six Day Man, Review Genesis 1 and take specific care in reviewing the "Duties" or "Instructions" God expresses to them.

Genesis

1:26......and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea,
and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all
the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the
earth.
1:27........and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing
seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every
tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to
you it shall be for meat.
1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the
air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein
there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and
it was so.

Science supports that mankind, some 12000 years or so ago, where living a lifestyle as expressed in the Six Day. They where Hunters and Gathers. Living off the Fruit of the Earth. Through the Fish and Fowls and Beast of the Earth, they secured Meats. Through the foraging of the habitat, they secured fruits and vegetables.

At some point of time after Day 6, Adam is created to till the earth. This was the introduction Mankind had to Agriculture, which, if I am not mistaken, started to occur some 6000 to 8000 years ago.

Science supports that mankind, some 6000 to 8000 years ago or so, started to grow food stuffs, such as Yams, Corns, Wheats. Care was given to things such as Bee keeping. (You do not make mead without Honey
). Domestication of creatures such as Cattle, Horses, Chickens.

EDITED MATERIAL INSERTED HERE.

Ancient Farm?

Important archaeological finds at Knossos
Geophysical studies at Kefala Hill in the Knossos archaeological site on Crete island, have revealed findings of the most ancient farm houses in Greece, and perhaps in all of Europe, dating back between 7,000- 6,400 BC.

EDITED MATERIAL IS COMPLETE.
These things are covered quite well by Science, and these views are quite simply expressed in the Genesis Account.

Remember, K.I.S.S. This isn't Brain Surgury. It's not Mystic or Babel.

I hope this aids in your understanding what it is I was suggesting.

Ciao

Shane

P.S. If it became a concern to you, I will state, I BELIEVE a Day, as expressed Biblically here in Genesis is some period of time, such as an Era or an Age, apposed to a literal 24 hour period of time. The Hebrew word for Day has varied applications to cover various such period of time, from a 12 hour period to an Era.

3117 in the Hebrew

3117 yowm yome from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figurative (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverb):--age, + always, + chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ((birth-), each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever(-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (... live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year(-ly), + younger.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Shane]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Actually, I am sowing seeds. If they grow, is upto you and GOD.

I can only say Amen .

You have explained yourself in your reply to CJCord

No in this I disagree with you. children know.
O.K. I have no difficulties with this either.

I learned this through experience.

I do not really care what Judaism accepts or believes.
That's not my concern what other's believe. Everyone is entitled to have a view or belief system.

I have mine, and I can tell you I am certain, not many Christians believe what I believe. I would expect only about 1 % of any of the post I could secure on a subject may express a positive reply. Many do indicate they appreciate my contributions but dismiss my views. Some just think I am looney.

I like your style

I actually am interested in what you believe. The difference to be a bit more specific between your believe and Christianity. I find myself to dismiss religion but this does not mean I do not have dismissed my believes. I'm only having some trouble to define what it is, I belief.

Am I a Branch Davidian? No.

It didn't even occurred to me. I thought you just had some inside info. on it.

Thanks again.

Ps.
It is a good thing you're a loony! It makes me feel normal

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I believe the official "orthodox" version is a false version or a horribly interpreted version. I believe some gnostic gospels are probably part of the "real" version. I believe that Jesus was The Christ, but I also believe reincarnation is part of the gospel. I believe that in various gospels is hidden knowledge, so only superficially are they look like the same story repeated in different ways. I think believing in, and emulating, Him gives grace and forgives negative karma.

There is tons of evidence that the truth has been concealed within parables within all the gospels. For instance, THIS. Also there is a verse in one of the protestant gospels that goes like "Sometimes old wine goes into new bottle or the old bottle breaks" (paraphrased). This looks an awful lot like reincarnation to me.

I think the "false teachers" have already infiltrated the church and distorted the teachings of Christ by calling any other interpretation than what the state of Rome wanted people to believe a heresy.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by 547000]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Very interesting link you gave there !
Thank you.

The concept of reincarnation is not new. The churge trying to censor it is very understandable. If they start accepting or even teaching this. Poo...
They tear there foundation apart ! They would loose reliability to their followers and without a reason for existence as they do know. It will blow up in their face. maybe even with a war following.

It would definitely be one of the more pleasant outcomes if you ask me.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thanks for all the great links!!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
appologies, I meant to quote for another thread, and hit reply here accidentally...
'
Doh

[edit on 7-3-2010 by jephers0n]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

that may be all very well and good up to a point.

but eventually you would have to discard or unlearn everything you ever learned. the mind is finite. god is infinite, omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. god needs nothing and nobody, cannot be added to or taken away from. he/she/it has no desires, not even for your supplications.

god simply is. (however you try to imagine it to be)

"but that is fortunate, because if you can remove the idea of limitation, or identifying with mind and body, guess whats left?

only god, and that's all there ever was or will be.

there is no explanation of why. but there are several "books" that have been inspired down through the ages to encourage us to awaken. and all of them have a common golden thread running through them. but you need to look with an unprejudiced eye. eastern teachings will refer to the third eye which sees in every direction. the bible will tell you if your eye is single your whole body will be full of light. there is much in the bible that has survived unscathed, IMO. reincarnation is hinted at in revelations where it says, "he that overcomes i will make a pillar in the temple of god and he shall go out no more.

but ultimately, every idea is rejected and the heart or seat of spirituality is all that remains.

on the devotional path, the love for god becomes so intense eventually, that you forget yourself and god is all that remains.

surrender is the key. surrender to the christ(consciousness) or jesus or krishna or mohommad or a rock or whatever, but SURRENDER it must be.

meditation is fine but eventually the sense that "i am meditating" will also need to be discarded. there is only god. the "speed" at which one realizes this will be determined largely by how much you really want it. whatever attracts you will hold you back. building a hospital for the needy or robbing a bank, it will all hold you back. hence the instruction---

"seek first the kingdom of god and all else will be added unto you".

or from the east

"everything else can wait, but your search for god cannot wait"

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Hi SinterKlass:

Again, I don't recall using the word "destroy". The only thing I want destroyed is evil.

repugnant as it may be, the source of evil would appear to be god.

that's presuming we can believe the words in genesis which claim everything was made by god, and nothing was made that was not of god.

if we have the capacity for evil, and we were created by god, what sort of "guy" does that make him?

but standing back a bit, it must surely be the mind which divides manifestation into good and evil. ego preferences?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Yes !

I think so to. But I'm willing to take it a step further.

I think all evil what we ( mankind ) label as so. To all be a cause of our own humanity.

Good and evil are in fact one an opposing force but each one a side of the same coin. Like Jin and Yang.

The 7 sins I believe to be a result of a survival mechanism what never turned of. If you like you can read it all right Here.

It explains why I think so.

If I may ask, what is your current opinion on the matter ?
And.
What do you believe ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join