It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fierce storms in France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Fierce storms in France

www.google.com

Many of the 40 victims in France drowned, while others died when hit by parts of buildings or trees and branches that were ripped off by the wind. At least a dozen people were missing Sunday and 59 others were injured.

Winds reached about 130 mph (200 kph) on the summits of the Pyrenees and up to nearly 100 mph (160 kph) along the Atlantic Coast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com
news.google.com
[url=http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct2=us%2F0_0_s_4_0_t&ct3=MAA4AEgEUABqAnVz&usg=AFQjCNHiTBx5TtOzMcfn0oUFUT5letI_FA&cid=8797509536808&ei=MqqK S_iePNGb-Aav9twQ&rt=MORE_COVERAGE&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F2010%2FWORLD%2Feurope%2F02%2F28%2Feurope.storms%2F]news.google.com[/u rl]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
8 meter waves, thats huge. I am thinking about the Chile 8.8 earthquake and the exepected tsunamis to hit pacific region, fortunately nothing happened. Can this storm be related to the current earthquakes ? Butterfly effect - An elephant farts in a zoo in Argentina and its raining cod in London ?

"The butterfly effect is a metaphor that encapsulates the concept of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory; namely that small differences in the initial condition of a dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system."

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Maybe the earthquake is the Butterfly effect of these storms. But i doubt it.
This one was coming before the earthquake.
So really not related at all.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The South of England is also copping alot of this flak too. Went down the shop earlier for some lunch and almost got blown away by a gust! Rain has been lashing down all day and all of this stormyness is causing havoc on the network I am supposed to be monitoring.. We have all our fibres on the National Grid pylons, so if it gets windy, stuff starts failing.

EDIT: This is quite an normal event for Northern europe this time of year, nothing to extraordinary about this storm to be honest.

I am sure there will be those trying to link this to HAARP, or the Chile earthquake or whatever, but storms in Jan/Feb are not anything wierd.

[edit on 28/2/10 by stumason]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
storms in Jan/Feb are not anything wierd.

I usually agree with you Stu but in this case Im going to have to say that you are full of it..

There's absolutely no possible way that a storm this bad could affect Western Europe without Futuristic Reptoid Technology controlled by HAARP, utilized through Sonic Blasts that come out of Barack Obama's eyes.. Similar to how those earthquakes were clearly caused..

You are so naive. Wake up you sheep.

[edit on 28/2/10 by Dermo]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

HAHAHA...

How silly of me, now you've explained it clearly, I must retract my original statement..

Storms in Jan/Feb are WIERD man! we've NEVER had a storm at this time of year before! Must be the Queen and her shapeshifting buddies at the NWO trying to depopulate us all! Run for the hills!

(In case anyone doesn't get it, both me and Dermo seem to have been struck down with the Sarcasto Virus.....

EDIT: What's even funnier is you got stars for that...Did they get the sarcasm?)

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
French here, wasn't a really big deal.
I live in Auvergne, in the middle of France, it was just a "windy" night.
The southeastern France is the part that took the hardest hit. They got floodings and stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
"After seeing the floating discs over the field, they both go home in a state of shock. Later that night while asleep Marie-France reports that four distinct thoughts cross her mind, “We are beings of light”, “It is dangerous for us to make direct contact with you”, “February 28 2010, there will be a disaster”, “You have to help many people in need.” Marie felt that this was some sort of telepathic message and worries about the supposed impending ‘disaster’."

Aliens predicted disaster event in France on February 28th, 2010.
Proof.

truthseekerforum.com...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by blackman12]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blackman12

Ah, proof! An unattributed and unsourced prediction made after the event!

Must be Aliens!

C'mon man, do better than that....

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Did they get the sarcasm?

I hope so.. for the sake of my faith in humanity lol

Then again, you'd never know with this place..

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The cause is a joining together of two storms fronts...here in Spain there refering to it as the "perfect storm" scenario...One low stormfront and one in the outer atmosphere joining together.

They create a series of phenomena that normally dont coincide with each other.

Its relatively buggered here in Spain.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Tell me about it.

I've just spent all day working on my roof and clearing up the garden.

I even slept downstairs last night in case the roof came off completely.

Not TOO bad....pwew!

Luckily I have thousands of spare old canal roof tiles to use.

Nothing unusual about the wind though, we usually get some strong weather to blow the cobwebs away before spring.

Still here, still have internet and although there were constant short powercuts it seems quiet at the moment....in fact it's beautiful out there now and the moon is big, bright and yellow.

Cheers all, and be safe.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Very funny, oh well, what about this then ?

Scientists have restarted the world's most powerful atom-smasher overnight, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) said Sunday, as they launch a new bid to uncover the secrets of the universe.
www.physorg.com...

;-)

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The event happened August 29th 2009 and was published December 15th 2009...

how is that posted after the event? unless you mean someone posted a link after it happened?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rhines

"
"The butterfly effect is a metaphor that encapsulates the concept of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory; namely that small differences in the initial condition of a dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system."

I think I preferr the elephant farting ..explanation!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rhines

CERN is situated on the Swiss/Franco border.. and the both storm fronts developed hundreds, even thousands of Kilometers away in the atlantic.. AND CERN was started last night but the storm was forecast for days......

After plenty of careful and thoughtful deliberation.. I have come to the completely insane and unbelievable conclusion that CERN couldn't possibly ever ever ever ever ever ever have had anything to do with this storm.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

No one posted any link.....

He just quoted a random paragraph about a random French woman...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

EDIT: What's even funnier is you got stars for that...Did they get the sarcasm?)

Yes I did thank you... and he got a star from me cause he made me laugh

Storms?...Rain and wind?... In winter? ... In England?

Whatever next!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by blackman12

Ah, proof! An unattributed and unsourced prediction made after the event!

Must be Aliens!

C'mon man, do better than that....

This prophecy article was written in December 2009.
I read it 2 months ago, so quit being a jerk and listen, it really happened.
A woman actually reported an alien prediction that disaster would occur in France on a specific day and it actually occurred. Truth.

top topics

join