It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Establishment Attacks Small Government Conservatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Fascist Soup reports:

In a three page hit piece that appeared in Politico the other day, columnist KENNETH P. VOGEL exposes the Republican party’s targeted attacks against constitutionally minded conservatives while peppering the article with mindless liberal agitprop.

I think this article does more to expose the lunacy and fear of the statist agitators than it does to discredit the tea-party movement. Vogel makes several wild accusations, such as tying the Oath Keepers to the militia movement and comparing tea-partiers to virulent anti-communists of the 60’s.

The statist tyrants called republicans and democrats are cowering in fear trying to figure out a way to co-opt a decentralized constitutional movement. They will find it about as difficult to contain as the Taliban. With no centralized leadership that they can attack, they are forced to direct their statist agitation directly at the people themselves. A plan sure to backfire.

The decent people of America know what the US Constitution is all about. Decades of government attempts to undermine the meaning of the Constitution in our publik school systems have failed. The people are waking up and rightly directing their anger at the tyrants who have co-opted our government.

A few choice segments:

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow, a leading tea party antagonist, concluded on her show that “the conservative movement right now is really not afraid to let its freak flag fly. … They‘re happy to show off the ‘we want another revolutionary war,’ ‘we think the black president is arrogant,’ ‘we think the apocalypse is nice’ side of themselves.”

The move has been cast by some conservatives as a modern version of the marginalization of the far-right, anti-communist John Birch Society during the reorganization of the conservative movement spearheaded by William F. Buckley Jr. in the 1960s and 1970s.

“I don’t believe we should be giving [extremists] a platform or empowering them to do anything based off their conspiracy theories,” said Ned Ryun, president of American Majority, “because they give the left ammunition to try to define the tea party movement as crazy and fringy.”

Tyrants such as these will find themselves cranking out ever more insane agitation that accomplishes nothing other than to paint themselves as crackpots bent on the destruction of liberty and freedom.

---------

Authored by myself on Fascist Soup
Reproduced here in full with my permission
This article may be reproduced and distributed freely

[edit on 28-2-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Politicians acting like Politicians...i don't see the story here?

Politics, like all things social, operate in cliques. The bigger the clique, the more influential.

"My way or the high way"

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Actually, Maddow has no issue with the core tea party. She even invites Ron Paul on her show often. Their disagreement is simply philosophical.

Since the election, and the merging of the GOP with the tea party, Maddow hammers those...aka, the "teabaggers". The hypocrites and soothesayers within the new and improved tea party numbers.

The republican party is freaking out about the core tea party/Ron Paulites/libertarians in general because it exposes them for hypocrites in general. The shock point that was released was the identification of the last fiscal conservative...that administration was known as the clinton years (simple facts, look it up).

The Dems have some differences with the tea party (core), but its a non hypocritical aspect in general. Dems stand for sociocapitalism, and yep...tax and spend. Reps prove by actions they stand for corporatism, borrow and spend. Tea party doesn't like either side, but the Reps are pretending to be capitalist fiscal conservatives. That is the hypocracy at its core and the foundings of the tea party movement, not just another fancy name for the GOP.

new topics

join