It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ministry of Defence to destroy all future UFO reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A previously secret memo has revealed that the MoD are to destroy all future UFO reports Yahoo news has reported.

LINK

I find this disturbing to say in the least, all ufo reports to be destroyed after 30 days. Why cant the independant ufo investigators take the reports so we can have a public record of them?

With sightings on the increase why would they do this? Something very big to hide have we?

Hmmmmmmm

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

It's not bad news, it means they can come to ATS and share their experience with us. At least they may feel like they are getting some answers, who needs them A Holes.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The memo states: "The dedicated UFO hotline answer phone service and e-mail address serve no defence purpose, and merely encourage the generation of correspondence of no defence value.

Are they kidding? serves no purpose? Something is invading our airspace on a regular basis and thats not a threat, come on

Another quote that got my goat......

This stance was adopted so defence officials would not have to publish the information in response to freedom of information (FoI) requests or pass it to the National Archives.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It could be us invading their airspace, Earth is 4.7 Billion years old, humanity only a few thousand.

On a more serious note though, what do you think the will be the result of these recent actions by the MOD.

See a UFO People will simply think HAHA This dude saw a UFO, didn't they shut down the UFO research because there was nothing to see there "This dude is CRAZY"

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

You make a valid point! It could be us invading them..I like that theory.

There are plenty of websites to report sightings but I feel like the government are really trying to sweep it all under the carpet.

I dont think there will be any change because of the Mods decision, I just dont like the thought of hundreds of ufo reports destroyed and if the govenment cant fund it, I doubt we will ever have such a compilation of reports again.

I dont know, the article just pisses me off

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

How does this happen? What is going on here? It stinks of some nefarious ulterior motive.

In light of this- why don't people report sightings to MUFON or some other agency instead or also?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Why not ATS, it's public, easy to access, easy to compare to other sightings experiences, easy to post Photo and Video evidence, and no doubt the MOD looks over ATS and it will probably piss them off that ATS will do a better job than them "FOR FREE"

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This topic is already being discussed in a pre-existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue the discussion over there.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join