It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious shadow-like UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hi,

the main reason I'm sending the following accounts (concerning sightings of shadow-like UFOs), is because I and my friends would like to hear from people who have experienced similar sightings. However, I'm also interested in any constructive feedback/opinions. These sightings took place in Wales, UK.

Here is the first friend's account:

This event happened approximately 5 weeks ago at around lunchtime (12 -2pm). It was a cloudy overcast day. My friend walked into their bedroom, which has a large window overlooking fields that stretch towards the black mountains (situated about 30 miles away), and as they looked out the window they saw a helicopter moving from left to right (west to east). It wasn’t going at full speed but was moving at a fairly steady pace. At first sighting it was about 50 metres from my friend’s house and was travelling at just above house height. They watched the helicopter for a moment and then looked a few fields further away (about 200 metres further away than helicopter) and saw a shadow object moving along. At first my friend thought it might somehow be the helicopter’s shadow, but looking back at the helicopter it was too far away. Also the shadow object was going at a faster pace. The helicopter was following this shadow ‘blob’.

This object was shaped like something between an oval-sphere shape and a tube shape. The reason my friend isn’t certain about the shape is that because it was like a shadow, it lacked definition at the edges. It almost looked transparent. But there was certainly some sort of object there. It was basically a moving shadow that definitely had form and was travelling at quite a fast pace towards the black mountains. Once my friend had spotted the object, they didn’t pay much attention to the helicopter anymore (except when glancing back to check about shadow). They watched the object travel into the distance. My friend thinks this whole sighting went on for about 10 seconds, when by that time the object had gone so far into the distance that they could no longer see it. The helicopter was in view for longer, as it was going at a slower pace. My friend said that this sighting was hard to describe as they have never seen anything like this before.

Here is the second friend's account:

The second friend is the first friend’s partner. This happened about 2 weeks after the first friend’s sighting, so it occurred approximately 3 weeks ago. Again, it was a cloudy overcast day and was around lunchtime (12-2pm). My friend was looking out of the same bedroom window at a hill in the distance, which is approximately 2 miles away. They could just about see some sheep that, from that distance, looked like tiny white dots. They then noticed a thin cylindrical shaped object (they said it was shaped like one of those sponge fingers used in trifles). It wasn’t like a solid object but was as if it had been ‘cloaked’ – it was not fully visible. My friend contemplated that whatever it was might be in ‘stealth mode’. The strange thing about this sighting is my friend noticed that this shadow object cast its own shadow. The object travelled in the opposite direction to the object in the first account. It travelled from right to left (east to west). It was moving at a similar speed to a jet. They said it was hard to be sure what size it was, but as a rough guess it was about the size of a jet. My friend then decided to quickly check there wasn’t something wrong with their eyes. They blinked, and quickly moved eyes around and from left to right and back again. Then glanced quickly back and the object was still moving from right to left.

Looking forward to hearing from those of you who have seen something similar.

Aelf

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
yeh seen something similar, and interesting to read this because it's the first time i've heard of anything else like it.
i can't remember when exactly this happened, but it must have been early summer 2008, early afternoon on snæfellsnes in iceland. my wife, father-in-law and i were on a cliff overlooking a long stretch of beach which stretched maybe a mile towards us. it was quite sunny at the time, and i noticed a clear round shadow travelling quite fast in a straight line at a constant speed along the beach towards us, maybe about five foot across i would guess. i looked up to see what was casting it, but there was nothing anywhere. the birds that were flying maybe 30-odd feet above the beach did not cast shadows large or clear enough to be visible from where we were.
then when it had come quite close to the bottom of the cliff we were on it suddenly and instantaneously skipped back maybe 100 feet (!) and continued in the same direction at the same speed. my wife and her father were talking together at the time and by the time i had fathomed what i was seeing and alerted them to it it was gone, the whole sighting lasted maybe five seconds in total to be realistic.
it is the only time i have ever seen anything i would claim to be truly ufo-like, though sightings in iceland are quite common, my father-in-law saw quite a spectacular one above mt. hekla many years ago.
thanks for posting, and all the best with further findings.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

I'm not discounting the sighting...

But to say the object in question...was 200 meters ahead and moving faster.."so it couldn't be the heelo's shadow"
thats not correct, its simple trig. that the shadow of most flying objects is faster than the object actually is due to sun position, and elevation.

I had a night time, I guess you could say sighting...
Of a large star blocking blob...that just kind of miraged away.
I was hoping that your sighting was more along those lines.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I've not seen one of these but in theory a cloaked ship would leave a shadow as even though the ship is cloaked it's still there and not really transparent in regards to the sun so a cloaked ship is one answer.

Have you seen the DB5 in Die Another Day, it's a fictional movie but the science has basis, for cloaking the vehicle it was fitted with tiny camera's mirror imaging it's surroundings, it could in theory make the car invisible although as far as the sun goes there really still is an object there so it would cast a shadow.

Me and 3 friends have heard and felt a craft fly overhead close and low down that we couldn't see but didn't notice a shadow, I wonder if it had one?

This is what's got my interest in this thread, I'm pretty sure cloaked technology is in use, either by some of our own military's, visitors from outside earth or even both. Our experience was near to the top of Kinder Scout BTW, the highest mountain in England in unspoiled wilderness with nothing that day but the sound of a light wind and birds, whatever this thing was it was very close, certainly wasn't at all silent and had a vibration you could feel as it went over but in a clear blue contrail-less sky overlooking the peaks there was nothing to see but birds!

Be interesting to see if a few people have seen similar things.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hi darkcircle,

thanks very much for sharing your experience.

When you said:

"then when it had come quite close to the bottom of the cliff we were on it suddenly and instantaneously skipped back maybe 100 feet (!) and continued in the same direction at the same speed."

what did you mean by "we were on it suddenly"?

What a fascinating experience, it sounds like you came quite close to it (from what you say in the above quote)? It's amazing just how much can happen in 5 seconds!

Btw, was the UFO that your father-in-law also a shadow type?

Aelf

Originally posted by darkcircle2009
yeh seen something similar, and interesting to read this because it's the first time i've heard of anything else like it.
i can't remember when exactly this happened, but it must have been early summer 2008, early afternoon on snæfellsnes in iceland. my wife, father-in-law and i were on a cliff overlooking a long stretch of beach which stretched maybe a mile towards us. it was quite sunny at the time, and i noticed a clear round shadow travelling quite fast in a straight line at a constant speed along the beach towards us, maybe about five foot across i would guess. i looked up to see what was casting it, but there was nothing anywhere. the birds that were flying maybe 30-odd feet above the beach did not cast shadows large or clear enough to be visible from where we were.
then when it had come quite close to the bottom of the cliff we were on it suddenly and instantaneously skipped back maybe 100 feet (!) and continued in the same direction at the same speed. my wife and her father were talking together at the time and by the time i had fathomed what i was seeing and alerted them to it it was gone, the whole sighting lasted maybe five seconds in total to be realistic.
it is the only time i have ever seen anything i would claim to be truly ufo-like, though sightings in iceland are quite common, my father-in-law saw quite a spectacular one above mt. hekla many years ago.
thanks for posting, and all the best with further findings.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hi lifttheveil,

thanks very much for getting back to me and sharing your experience.

I think what you and your friends experienced could be related to a similar 'craft', if stealth technology is involved. That must have been very strange to experience that when you couldn't see anything. As for whether it had a shadow, you said it was a 'clear blue contrail-less sky' so it must have been quite sunny, so you'd imagine that there would have been a shadow (unless whatever it was was able to evade casting one).

I also would like to hear more experiences of this nature too, because they could all be related.

Aelf

Originally posted by lifttheveil
I've not seen one of these but in theory a cloaked ship would leave a shadow as even though the ship is cloaked it's still there and not really transparent in regards to the sun so a cloaked ship is one answer.

Have you seen the DB5 in Die Another Day, it's a fictional movie but the science has basis, for cloaking the vehicle it was fitted with tiny camera's mirror imaging it's surroundings, it could in theory make the car invisible although as far as the sun goes there really still is an object there so it would cast a shadow.

Me and 3 friends have heard and felt a craft fly overhead close and low down that we couldn't see but didn't notice a shadow, I wonder if it had one?

This is what's got my interest in this thread, I'm pretty sure cloaked technology is in use, either by some of our own military's, visitors from outside earth or even both. Our experience was near to the top of Kinder Scout BTW, the highest mountain in England in unspoiled wilderness with nothing that day but the sound of a light wind and birds, whatever this thing was it was very close, certainly wasn't at all silent and had a vibration you could feel as it went over but in a clear blue contrail-less sky overlooking the peaks there was nothing to see but birds!

Be interesting to see if a few people have seen similar things.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hi guys! I've seen this type of thing before, in fact here's some pictures. I'll first post the unaltered photos in succession as they were taken, then some analysis.
So, the photos. You'll notice that unlike most "UFO" shots, these actually allow for some perspective, because the tree line is present. Also, when in the boonies of Canada, I've seen so many craft that do not meet the criteria for publicly known specs or performance capabilities, it's not funny.
They are ALL OVER the place up here, and mostly I see them at night, flying low, usually one large bright white light that isn't strobing, and silent (as you may have guessed). Some nights I see up to 3 or 4 a night. Jets and prop craft you can hear and see from several (10's to 100's) of kilometers away, and these clearly aren't that. I simply don't have the gear that can take decent night shots, and I certainly don't have $4000 for Gen3 NV goggles, so no night shots. Some of these things have been as low as 1KM (about 2/3 of a mile). They go low and slow, and sometimes speed up and take off unexpectedly, again, not strobing and clearly visible. They get a lot closer at night than as seen in these shots.
Anyway, luckily I spotted one in the day. As per the original poster, there were people standing around that said they saw nothing until I showed them the pics. They were dumbfounded. It seemed like they were in a trance for a minute while I was snapping photos. Others were crapping themselves.
I also considered atmospheric shadowing, or reflections myself, but that explanation simply does not fit. The "shadow" craft (for lack of a better term) was undulating back and forth while in front of the jet, and for a second it launched what looked like a "probe". Also the sun was obscured in that direction, and the jet is clearly below the cloud line. Even if the sun was clearly visible and providing a shadow, the geometry doesn't fit. Also, as seen in the last photo, the "craft" is just slightly behind the jet, not in front of it. If you're wondering, the jet's trajectory would have put it either going to southern Newfoundland or the UK. Without further ado:

Above is a shot of the jet coming out of the clouds. It's about 5-6 KM away at this point. Nothing special here (no UFO either).

Just a zoom of the wispy clouds, again, nothing special, just showing the photos in sequence. My bro thought the clouds looked strange that day. This is looking NWW.

This is when our "friend" showed up under the jet. There was no "fade in" or transition, the thing just showed up in it's entirety. I snagged the cam from my bro and this was the first shot I took.

This one is particularly interesting, if you zoom you can see there is a round "probe" type thing just above and in front of the jet. When I saw this I couldn't believe my eyes. I know these are just some grainy photos, but in person this all looked very tangible.

More, looking NNW now.

Looking North

Looking NNE, even with my change in perspective, this doesn't account for the change in the ufo's position. Now it's quite obviously behind the jet.

Now edited shots:

The "probe" zoomed in, contrast increased 75%

Zoomed in and posterized. Fuselage and tail section readily identifiable on jet.

Color mapped.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Feel free to fire some questions this way, I'll be here all week!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sorry guys I got excited and didn't read the entire explanation of the parent post. I guess the parent was referring to a completely cloaked craft that was leaving a shadow on the ground that it was passing over.

Now that is a very interesting phenomenon. As far as the cloaking itself is concerned, they recently had a "light bending" experiment achieve success at Purdue. However, this technique was being used to explain why light can take a bent path around an object then resume it original course; which goes further to explain why "dark matter galaxies" cannot be seen with normal lenses. (Hubble now has some cool shots of this phenomenon).
The light is enveloping the object and to the observer, it appears as background. This type of thing goes a long way to explaining the cloaking techniques used by some craft under observation (and their method of locomotion); and perhaps why some UFO's are only visible in UV, or Infrared.
In this case, it would not leave a shadow on the ground.

The cloaking technique you describe is perhaps one that was mentioned earlier, the light received on one side of the object would project on the opposite side, making the image appear see through. In this case, yes the object would definitely leave a shadow. One problem I see with this technology is that the light receptors and projectors, whatever the compound, would have to accept and project a very wide range of frequencies at a distance. For instance, if your "craft" were flying 500 ft over the ocean on a sunny day, you would have to absorb the wavelength of the sun (which may have an "overexposure" type of effect) and project it down to the ground exactly with the correct angle. This type of tech leaves a lot of room for mistakes, and shadows. This tech has been demonstrated a number of times publicly.
Must be weird for ET's and space ops dudes flying around in a quantum bubble or using visual cloaking tech, looking out on the poor unsuspecting fools below. Kind of like a video game.

Anyway, those are the only two things that I can think of, other than that you may have just seen a glitch in the matrix
HAHA!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
hi aelf

if i had put the comma in its place, the sentence would have sounded much less exciting! it should read
when it had come quite close to the bottom of the cliff we were on, it suddenly and instantaneously skipped back
so it was the cliff we were on, not the shadow!
and we weren't all that close, bear in mind we were a good 150 feet high on the cliff. but it was an incredible experience nonetheless. the skipping back was truly remarkable.
the ufo my father in law saw was in the early eighties with my mother in law, apparently a cone shape with lights underneath, very clearly visible for a period of time over iceland's biggest volcano. so no, not a shadow!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That sounds A LOT like what I seen over MI, USA in July, What I saw was hovering in one place best I can tell. I was driving. It was at least 1" at arms length and I would estimate it at about 1/2 mile away but it was hard to judge the size because it was fuzzy/hazy looking, but very solid inside.

new topics

top topics

join