It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road to Armageddon: The Insane Drive for American Hegemony Threatens Life on Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Let's say this British polling group Opinion Research Business is off by a factor of 2 and only half a million Iraqis have been murdered. Is this acceptable to you -- spending a trillion dollars to invade and occupy a country that posed absolutely NO threat to the U.S., with NO "weapons of mass destruction" found, thousands of U.S. troops dead, tens of thousands more seriously wounded and the entire region contaminated for thousands of years with depleted uranium? Can you really justify this?

Iraq is exactly like Vietnam, where "we had to destroy the village to save it."

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Kudos for a well presented thread, OP!!!!

Reading through the many responses, I was surprised to see the absence of the same old debunkers and then I realized that this is not in the 9/11 forum....hmmm what a surprise.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Are you looking for a clean war? Saddam is the murderer here. Exstracting him cost lives. He was a terrorist when he fired scuds for no reason into Tel Aviv. An unstable mad man.

Besides many of the dead were not killed by US forces. Thats not mentioned and so that cuts into the credabilty, the motive of these finding.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

You are absolutely correct -- if a thread about 9/11 isn't in the 9/11 forum, the professional debunkers who live there will never find it!

P.S. nice sig!

What's annoying is when ATS says, "IMPORTANT TOPICS -- 3 DAYS" but then kicks these "important topics" off after 2 days.

Logarock, all I can say about your thinking process and justifications for the Iraq war is wow.

[edit on 3/2/2010 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
GoldenFleece thanks for backing me up, and schooling Logarock.

I see pictures of the countless dead and wounded Iraqi / Afghanistani civilians, and it literally can bring me to tears.

I’ve had to make several visits to a local VA Medical Center emergency room (work related accidents) within the last couple of years, plus some appointments for physical exams. Somehow the main-stream-media has conveniently lost sight of the wounded veterans that populate these hospitals.

It’s such a sad environment at the VAMC’s these days. There are so many maimed and crippled young veterans. The degree of trauma that American kids have sustained in these ILLEGAL WARS is one of the most sinister of crimes.

War is for pigs and politicians.
Peace on Earth!

[edit on 3-3-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
GoldenFleece thanks for backing me up, and schooling Logarock.

I see pictures of the countless dead / wounded Iraqi and Afghanistani civilians / children, and it literally can bring me to tears.

Peace on Earth!

GF efforts are not unappreciated but I have hardly been schooled. And Peace on the earth is a good thing. But sometimes war must be waged and its an ugly thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Logarock, experiment with “turning the other cheek” and trying not to justify the act of “taking an eye for an eye.”

The only way man will ever break the endless cycle of cruelty, violence, and war on Earth, is when he has the courage to face his “enemy” with open hands, forgiveness, a willingness to be sacrificed without one thought of retribution.

Death is a paradox, we are all citizens of eternity. Our journey is infinite, and the only baggage we are allowed to take with us is our consciousness, purified or otherwise.

I look forward to meeting you in the afterlife, brother.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Well said but it is ordained; governments must bear the sword.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh STFU! What is so wrong with American Hegemony?

Have you taken a good look at the idiots in the rest of the world? They could use some American hegemony.

The problem with American Hegemony is, it takes Americans with some testosterone to do it and I don't think you have any.

The world drew us out of our isolation in 1917, then again in 1941 and we had to stay for the Cold War and now these rabid dog muslims. It is time to make the world an American world and kill anyone who would try and stop us. They would be better off for it and we would be better off for it, the whole world would be better off for it.

American Hegemony Rocks!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by seasoul

Well said but it is ordained; governments must bear the sword.

Today this true, friend.

But someday I hope for the sake of children who are yet to be born, that governments learn to bear the “light.“

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You are right, Saddam was an evil tyrant. But when a country arms an evil tyrant knowing full well that he is killing thousands of his people...what does that make them exactly? You do remember that when it became known Saddam was gassing kurds the american senate wrote up a bill to stop selling him weapons...and the white house threw the bill out? Of course quite a few countries were making a pretty penny from selling him weapons including biological ones, France and Germany come to mind. But he killed nowhere near a million people and for the most part kept Iraq a secular and stable country. And as someone else mentioned, read PNAC. The plan was well under way to enact regime change in Iraq years before 9/11...not to save the poor Iraqi's but to exert American dominance for the future and pave the way for Iran.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Solomons]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join