It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD to destroy future UFO reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

MoD to destroy future UFO reports

uk.news.yahoo.com

The Ministry of Defence will destroy all future UFO reports it receives so it does not have to make them public, a previously secret memo reveals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.independent.co.uk

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well, is this the end for serious UFO investigation (a confirmation of skeptic's doubts over their existence other than mistaken ID) or something more?

"It's like they're desperately trying to avoid having to answer FoI requests on this subject," he said.

"Even if something quite serious happened, perhaps where there was a near-miss with an airline, the MoD will say, 'we may have had a report on it, but we've destroyed it'."

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case either, I suspect they have been bombarded with FoI requests on the matter. Due to the way FoI requests work, is it possible that the MOD have some reports that they would especially like to keep quiet that members of the public are unaware of, thus cannot request information on them? Perhaps people were hitting too close to home.

I'm undecided as of yet, it's an interesting one for sure and pretty big news in the world of UFOlogy.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Goathief]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yes was just reading this on yahoo news.
Does not come as any real suprise-just like the MPs expenses,its another thing our Gov would rather we didnt know about.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
so, who really believes the old ones were genuine?

total joke, who cares what they say, it's all designed to trigger a desired response and behavior (manipulation...)

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The MOD cannot handle regular intrusions into British airspace by Russian military aircraft let alone UFO's

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by 18731542]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So I'd be very interested to hear from those that were claiming the release of MOD 'UFO files' was some form of drip fed disclosure.

What say they now?

IRM

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Evidently not a lot.

Thinking about this however, would it not be wise to hold on to records of UFO reports in case they are indeed related to national defence, eg; a foreign experimental aircraft?

Is a different (official) body now dealing with UFO reports?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
IMO they're not REALLY going to destroy them....that's just the story we all get so they don't have to make them public in the future....

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I´d have thought that the boys in Westminster would have been happier giving you UFO reports so that your out in the fields chasing UFO´S than out in the streets asking "what the f*ck are we doing in Afghanistan and Iraq".

Anyway, theres so many CCTV cameras on the streets now that a UFO couldnt enter British airspace with being taped by at least 10, or 20, or 30...

And if it stayed in one spot for more than 15 minutes the ba**ards from the metropolitan police would impound it for parking without a ticket, no M.O.T and British insurance.

Met officer to alien grey - "Good evening sir, before you insert that probe in my anus, could i see a valid driving license please".

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So either they're not interested cos they already know or they couldn't care less anymore.

Take your pick.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's sound more like they are just fed up with all the B.S. UFO reports because 95% of them are mundane every day things, and the other 5% are inconclusive.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They are talking about this now on Radio5Live. They plan to keep and hold them for 30 days and then destroy them.

I had a look at some of the U.F.O reports at the National Archives in London when i went up to research for my dissertation. There were some very interesting reports. The way some were presented was interesting as well.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

..and 50% of them were false reports, and hoaxes.

Maybe this will decrease the amount of hoaxes on ATS.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Yes of course. But many were from Pilots, military personal who you think would know better. Those are the ones that interest me.

One that i found interesting was the reported sighting by a 12 year old. Sounded quite realistic. And one of the comments was that the Police had recieved reliable information from the individual before. A 12 year old grass?!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
But many were from Pilots, military personal who you think would know better. Those are the ones that interest me.

One that i found interesting was the reported sighting by a 12 year old. Sounded quite realistic. And one of the comments was that the Police had recieved reliable information from the individual before. A 12 year old grass?!

Ok, maybe you never heard of something called "confusion"?

You think pilots, and military personal are incapable of confusion? You think they are experts on everything in the sky, or everything they see, and they will never be confused?

A 12 year old? You do know 12 year olds have very low IQ's right? You know kids are really easy to confuse too right? They don't know very much... also, kids exaggerate, they see things differently.

Anyway, I have never trusted UFO reports. I don't trust anyone.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Kids can sometimes actually see and understand things alot clearer than us adults. I think it is a bit silly to dismiss every report as either fake or misinterpreted, some of them truly are unexplainable.

But fair enough, mabye you will see something one day that you can not explain. If you do let me know.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

G'day Goathief

I noticed some members in the "Aliens & UFO's" forum are referencing your thread.

Why don't you consider sending the mods an alert asking them to move this to that thread?

That's just my humble thought, for what it's worth.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

join