It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Hole In the Ozone" and its Effects - My Presentation for ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I have no reason to believe there is any significant interaction between the sun's and Earth's magnetic fields, especially with respect to the sun causing the Earth's field to flip.

I suppose the problem here is in the way I have defined such things as...
Heliosphere,

The heliosphere is a bubble in space "blown" into the interstellar medium by the solar wind...Variations in the Sun's magnetic field are carried outward by the solar wind and can produce magnetic storms in the Earth's own magnetosphere.

Solar Wind,

The solar wind consists of particles, ionized atoms from the solar corona, and fields, in particular magnetic fields.

EM Waves (or Electro-Magnetic Waves),

[EM waves] consists of electric and magnetic field components which oscillate in phase perpendicular to each other and perpendicular to the direction of energy propagation.

Aurora Borealis,

The ultimate energy source of the aurora is the solar wind flowing past the Earth. The magnetosphere and solar wind consist of plasma (ionized gas), which conducts electricity.

I could continue to bring up similar quotes about how the Sun (in particular the magnetic field energy from the Sun) effect the Earth's Climate, Weather, Communications, Electrical Grid along with other electrical storms such as Atmospheric Lightning...Well lightning might be tough to prove yet...but this is digressing too much from the OP. I see these definitions as Electrical/Magnetic interactions, is this a huge leap to make?

Are you telling me that you studied Electromagnetism and missed the connections here?

Unless you can somehow separate these phenomena and show their individual origin then you might be able to continue to claim that all of these are unrelated but I won't hold my breath.
I see the Earth as right in the middle of the Sun's magnetic field and this field effects everything in some way here on Earth and in the space around us. For one, the reason we are all alive is due to the Sun's magnetic field protecting us from galactic radiation not to mention heat and light. I think there is more than a "significant interaction between the sun's and Earth's magnetic fields".

I am trying to agree with you on your overall premise here.
I believe the Earth's pole reversals do take along time, perhaps even thousands of years, but I also question the studies on this.
I don't think that the Sun's pole reversal causes the Earth's poles to flip but I am convinced that there is an effect from this action. Magnetic poles do not flip because there is nothing better to do, something is causing this phenomena and there is no reason to dismiss the idea that this is all linked to a single cause.

The big question is how does magnetism effect the Earth's ozone?

I suppose the easy answer is, "None at all", but is this the correct answer?

In light of the mainstream's explanation of the effects from the Sun's magnetism on the Earth (which I think would be inline with your statements) I think we need to take a close look at this question. To dismiss this as not possible is science, yet again, turning a blind eye to observations.

[edit on 3/2/2010 by Devino]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Thanks for the addition to the thread, and even though it's not all regarding the OP it's alright because anything that has to do with the earth and the sun are welcome to be shared in this thread since that was really the intention of the OP. I wanted to shine light (no pun intended) on the ozone hole but I was aware the OP would bring other things of the general subject up as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

www.livescience.com...
Global warming on Neptune's moon Triton as well as Jupiter and Pluto, and now Mars has some [scientists] scratching their heads over what could possibly be in common with the warming of all these planets

archive.newsmax.com...
Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory.

news.nationalgeographic.com...
In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.

Even more fascinating is what NASA has not said since the launch of IBEX: By monitoring the shape and distribution of this ENA ribbon, we can see how it changes with time.

news.discovery.com...
As the solar system passes through interstellar space (and the Local Fluff), this external magnetic field can squash and squeeze our heliosphere. When this happens, highly energetic (and damaging) cosmic rays can penetrate deeper into our solar system.

covertress.blogspot.com...
New data has revealed that the heliosphere, the protective shield of energy that surrounds our solar system, has weakened by 25 per cent over the past decade and is now at it lowest level since the space race began 50 years ago.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
If the heliosphere continues to weaken, scientists fear that the amount of cosmic radiation reaching the inner parts of our solar system, including Earth, will increase.

In 2003, cosmic dust into our solar system recently tripled and the pace is expected to grow over the next decade. The rate is expected to stay constant until 2005, and then increase by another factor of 3 prior to 2013 2012 we will be passing through the Galactic Equator where galactic gravity is the strongest running more or less through the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.

adsabs.harvard.edu...
Schoenberg (1964) has shown that dust clouds have a FAR FROM random alignment, and that they show a strong preference for apparent elongation along the plane. Dense dust clouds show a definite tendency to align themselves parallel to the galactic plane. Consider ISM that is ionized only by the solar UV, and then assess the amount of neutral interstellar hydrogen that is accreted by the Earth’s atmosphere during a single passage through a dense cloud. Case is substantial changes in the terrestrial atmosphere. In that case hydrogen acts as a chemical agent to remove oxygen atoms and to cause OZONE concentration reductions

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Mar 6 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
this 'weatherman' says the ozone thing is all hype...

www.predictweather.co.nz...

search through his stuff, you'll find that he says the south poles ozone is
naturallyexpanding & contracting, & that ozone is constantly being made while the atmosphere gets heated by the sun...

i got caught up in another direction, when his audio mentioned the Moon's metonic cycle...

thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I believe that another OZONE HOLE is being formed above these thirteen (13) cities in Southern California. Why? The UV Levels as bounded by these cities have been either 11 or 12 for the past THREE months in which I have been documenting their UV levels on a daily basis. Furthermore, when one moves away from the cloud these specific cities outline, the UV level drops to 4 or 5.
Is this something that is happening or not? I need a review and comment from someone in authority or in this science.
The MAP OUTLINE includes the following cities (as a minimum)

1. Anaheim
2. Brea
3. Compton
4. Downey
5. Fullerton
6. La Puente
7. Pico Rivera
8. Placentia
9. Sunset Beach
10. Walnut
11. Westminster
12. West Covina
13. Whittier

Please CONTACT (No PUN INTENTED) me and either VALIDATE these finding with CURRENT data or refute this data entirely with CURRENT data. Regardless of SEASON, the % DROP outside the CLOUD formation should still be present and therefore documentable and with YOUR INDEPENDANT DATA such ANOTHER CONDITION (Hole in OZONE) can be documented for future (??) discussion...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join