It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF to Distribute Gas Masks Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

IDF to Distribute Gas Masks Today

www.jpost.com

Amid growing tension in the north, the IDF Home Front Command will begin a pilot program to redistribute gas masks in Or Yehuda on Sunday.

Under the plan – drawn up by Col. Yossi Sagiv, head of the Home Front Command’s Gas Mask and Protection Kits Department – the masks will be returned to private homes by the Israel Postal Company, which beat out seven other companies in a Defense Ministry-issued tender in late 2009.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Gas masks given to people, yet another sign of coming war. You really have to be great fool to think that all of this is not leading world to all-out war in ME in near future, any moment.

Some another news that stops me too today from same source:

IAF expands training for rapid refueling

"In preparation for long-range missions and possible conflict with Iran, the Israel Air Force has expanded its training programs to include rapid refueling operations on runways."
www.jpost.com...

IDF completes major drill

"General Staff Headquarters exercise drilled regional commands, branches and functional directorates in the North and along the border with Gaza."
www.jpost.com...

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-2-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Good post, not trying to still your thunder or rain on your parade, but some people don’t know what IDF stands for. I know that it is the Israeli Defense Forces, but other people might think k it stands for (Indirect Fire). It was a great post, do you know if they are given them out in any other cities yet.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by usmc0369]

[edit on 28-2-2010 by usmc0369]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Now, that's a sign of the times.

Normally, to wear a mask you have to be clean shaven. I've never been to Israel but my stereotype is that there is a large percentage of Israeli men that have beards. I wonder how they'll fare if they need their masks...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c66361737d92.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b39faf37384c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 28/2/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

S$F....Yea I think I would be a little bit worried if my mail guy showed up with gas masks issued by my govt because of tensions on our boarder! I would wanna know what they know and are not telling!!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow! Another way to waste U.S. Taxpayer monies in a competitive bid process that involved 7 Israeli Delivery Companies really has me quaking in my boots.

Like the Department of Homeland Security here in the United States that spends billions each year in equipping various state and local law enforcement agencies and city governments with discretionary funds to purchase tools they will likely never use, so too in Israel are U.S. funds used for the same pork related purposes.

Amazing considering pork is not Kosher, Israel is one of the biggest beneficiaries of Congressional U.S. Pork Barrel gifting and spending. Spend the money, and spread it around in a timely way and you can ask for more!

Gas masks, what there is an international burrito eating contest coming to Israel?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The world is distracted by the Japan, Chile earthquakes and the Olympics. These rabid Zionists are going to go at Iran.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

As you can see in my avatar that I have no beard lol... I am Israeli, but am dusting off my British passport at the moment!

But in the meantime at least those respirators will stop the smell that is emanating from the Knesset at the moment....

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

If Israel launches any attack on Iran that story is going to be front page news. I don't even think Fox is so stupid as to bury the beginning of what could be WW3 behind some story about Tiger Woods' sex life.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by hotpinkurinalmint]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

maybe their masks have "beard bags"

sorry i could not resist

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The very religious Jews have big beards. The majority of Jews in Israel are not religious. They are clean shaven.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

The very religious Jews have big beards. The majority of Jews in Israel are not religious. They are clean shaven.

Umm yeah they are..

Religion in Israel is a central feature of the country and plays a major role in shaping Israeli culture and lifestyle, and Israel is the only country in the world where a majority of citizens are Jewish.

According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, the population in 2008 was 75.4% Jewish, 20.6% Arab, and 4% minority groups.

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2005 was 76.2% Jewish, 16.1% Muslim, 2.1% Christian, and 1.6% Druze, with the remaining 4.0% not classified by religion.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you are saying most of the jews in Israel are not Orthodox jews(the bearded ones), that would probably be true.

Still passing out gas masks... really? I would be afraid and asking why we would need the gas masks? I guess it is better to be safe than sorry.

*Everyone gets a gas mask and a pair of scuba diving flippers, you know just incase you need to swim to noah's ark...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
??

what confuses me is who the gas is actualy coming from?

except for iran, who they are not even really fighting with physiclay and probably never will be ... who is actualy going to use chemical or biological weapons on the isreali's... their much more chance of the isrealis trying to use it against their enemys ... after all, we know that using contravercial weapons is something isreal have done and will do! (White phosphorus anyone).

in my mind (which isnt the most reliable) im thinking that the gas masks woudl probably be to protect them from their own army ... as i doubt the palestinians have any gas!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

And there's the trick.

This is a propaganda tool. If your government passes out a gas mask, they're telling you "be afraid of gas!"

You, frightened civilian that you are, naturally don't want to gulp gas. You get online or on the phone and tell people about it. Your worry stretches across the wires and spreads around.

Soon lots of people are not only living scared, but are expecting something imminent. SOMEONE is going to attack, why else would we have these gas masks?

Your government then says "Country X" is planning an attack and you, shiny new gas mask in hand, heartily support your government bombing country X to hell because you're scared, so scared, and think you need to hit them before they can hit you!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I could have swore they did this about 6 months ago...

Or maybe the initial source just said they were going to do so... and ATS hyped it up like they actually did..

Wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I hate when the government use fear to control and keep people inside a limited view of the world.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Pillar]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

As you can see in my avatar that I have no beard lol... I am Israeli, but am dusting off my British passport at the moment!

But in the meantime at least those respirators will stop the smell that is emanating from the Knesset at the moment....

Sorry. But I did acknowledge that it was my stereotype. Still, many of your countrymen will not be able to appropriately don these masks.

Anybody ever tell you, you look like Keanu Reeves before?

[edit on 28/2/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I could have swore they did this about 6 months ago...

Or maybe the initial source just said they were going to do so... and ATS hyped it up like they actually did..

Wouldn't surprise me.

Or maybe they got the idea FROM ATS.

Lol, I guess not huh. Maybe you're confusing it with when they were removing them from homes. The article said that they began removing them in 2007 so it probably took a little time to complete the effort.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
They have done this before

news.yahoo.com...

JERUSALEM – Israel has begun distributing new gas masks to its 7 million citizens to offer protection against a possible chemical attack.

Israel's postal service is handing out the equipment. It says the process will take about three years.

Distribution began Sunday. The Israeli military says it is routine and not in response to a specific threat. Israel believes a chemical attack could potentially come from Syria or Iran.

Israel has distributed gas masks and kits with antidotes in the past, beginning with the first Gulf War in 1991. Three years ago, Israel recalled masks after some components passed their expiration date.

Hubby also remembers they did this back in the first half of the gulf war.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Casing

Thank you for reading the entire article. Nevertheless, I doubt the actual facts of the situation will in any way change the course of this thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join