It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes it just ain't a conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I keep seeing naive people on ATS believing that a Haarp etc is all to blame for earthquakes, I'm sorry pepole if your looking for someone to blame about the earthquakes etc its just plain mother nature and us who has done this, nothing or no-one else just simply us.

Sometimes I just see to many ramblers wanting just nothing more than flags, even though it means helping to make other people believe your ignorance.

And the banks too if so many people didn't get into debt there would be no imaginary excess to pay, all our government does is borrow money from other countries to pay YOUR debts off.

some times people just remember....."keep it real"
there is always an explanation or just even a simple one.

If I wrote that I saw a huge meteor approaching through my big back yard telescope would you believe me or would you check the facts???

[edit on 28-2-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I feel like one might have to drill deep in a strategic location and set off an astronomical explosion under ground to trigger an earthquake but have no clue really. It would be easier to do under water without being detected.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

I'm not saying I don't have an open mind here but If the world believes 2012 is going to happen, wouldn't they just play us for believing it and do it anyway if they even did cause it?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

According to many of the Chicken Little's on this forum, there is no such thing as a natural disaster. It's always some nefarious, and highly convoluted government plot against the masses.

The problem is that if something of this caliber were ever to happen, no one would believe them because they have been so busy crying wolf for so long. These people have zero credibility in the real world and are only successful in duping those who think open mindedness is tantamount to blindly accepting everything you hear on the internet.

IRM

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

If I wrote that I saw a huge meteor approaching through my big back yard telescope would you believe me or would you check the facts???

Neither. I would consider it possible, and not come to a firm decision.

"I believe!!!" and "OMG THAT'S FAKE!!!" are not the only options.

I keep seeing naive people on ATS believing that a Haarp etc is all to blame for earthquakes, I'm sorry pepole if your looking for someone to blame about the earthquakes etc its just plain mother nature

...ok. but you're doing exactly the same thing as the people who believe that it's HAARP. You believe that it is not.

Why?

Have you "fact checked" to confirm that it isn't? I'mguessing you haven't. How could you possibly? What facts are there to check one way or another? Much of life is this way. There are things that may or may not be true for which it is impractical for us to find compelling evidence either way.

People who dismiss instantly and people who believe instantly are engaging in the same process: they're believing based on what is comfortable with their current worldview.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As much as logic tells me that you are right, it would still make sense to me that if the technology was available to bring a society to it's knees in a biblical sense, it would be used to gain control in a manufactured climate of fear.

And my 30 years have led me to believe that truth is infinitely stranger than fiction.

I am reminded of an old Chinese curse; "May you live in interesting times."

Boy, do we live in interesting times. Even if we are not actively manufacturing these events, as Rahmyy-poo Emanuel says,"Never let a good crisis go to waste."
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Have you "fact checked" to confirm that it isn't? I'mguessing you haven't. How could you possibly? What facts are there to check one way or another?

You're correct! There are no facts that it's HAARP... none! But that doesn't mean 'anything goes' - and one should keep an open mind to the highly improbable or fantastical.

What's more likely in Chile's case?

A) A large earthquake in a region famous for massive Quakes... and also due for another.
B) Nefarious plot against the masses by the PTB/NWO.

They are not equally probable! Not by a long shot!

IRM

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Excellent guesswork. I would guess that too. But I wouldn't claim to know either way. Our governments are totally out of control and are doing their own thing. Given that governments are essentially proven supervillains, to discount the HAARP earthquake theory is not quite right either.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

those who think open mindedness is tantamount to blindly accepting everything you hear on the internet.

Bravo!

And jumpingbeanz... you give the Government (any government) FAR too much credit. Most of them arent that smart, and too many people cant keep their mouths shut... far too many to kill to keep quiet

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

or to quote Sir Bernard Ingham: "Many journalists have fallen for the conspiracy theory of government. I do assure you that they would produce more accurate work if they adhered to the cock-up theory."

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You're correct! There are no facts that it's HAARP... none!

Nor are there any "facts" demonstrating that it isn't.

Again...none.

Upon what do you base that?

The US has engaged in Weather modification as a tool of war previously, it has been recognized as a possibility at least since the ENMOD convention in 1977, and in April of 1997, the US Secretary of Defense acknowledged that "Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves."

I'm not in a position to say. I suspect, neither are you.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You're correct! There are no facts that it's HAARP... none!

Nor are there any "facts" demonstrating that it isn't.

Again...none.

So based on your flawed logic, one can claim anything at all and still believe they hold the intellectual high ground.

Upon what do you base that?

An earthquake in a known earthquake zone is the answer with the highest probability of being correct. Simple!

I'm not in a position to say. I suspect, neither are you.

You suspect wrongly. I just did!

IRM

[edit on 28/2/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

lets be realistic here,

us propaganda puts words in chaves mouth???,

haarp is used to spy on enemies not rattle them to death.

undersea nuclear weapon testing???

and why would they move their ships from pearl harbor just before the tsunami if they already knew???

tele must be god cause everyone believes it!!! ----minus david attenborough of course he has facts lol

heck we have earthquakes once a year or twice in UK and its never hardly reported even though it can rattle the upstairs floorboards and mcdonalds glass windows they looked like they was going to cave in, but yet is never reported.....

anyway if we are digging up too much underground minerals/oils aren't we going to have an earthquake as well.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

So based on your flawed logic, one can claim anything at
all and still believe they hold the intellectual high ground.

I think if you read over the progression of responses we've exchanged, you'll see that you are:

1) Attributing a conclusion to me that I did not make
2) Suggesting that when you cite lack of evidence it is reasonable and correct, but when I cite lack of evidence that it is flawed logic
3) Incorrectly asserting a logically fallacy where none exists

one can claim anything

I'm suggesting that beleiving something without evidence simply because it is compatible with ones worldview is probably not the best way reason to believe something.

Consider this hypothetical statement:

"I firmly believe that this earthquake was caused by HAARP, but I have no evidence of that, and I'm ok with that."

Sounds ridiculous, yes? Ok...now consider this hypothetical statement:

"I firmly believe that this earthquake was not caused by HAARP, but I have no evidence of that, and I'm ok with that."

To me, these statements are equally foolish.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

even still my friend has a crack down his house from one and the insurance wont pay to fix it and guess why???

the earthquake wasn't reported but yet still happened

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I am always amazed that the government can find and hire such evil people with no morals.

Even be willing to live in the middle of nowhere in Alaska AND work at a top secret(not) weapon facility with minimal security.

What people will believe continues to amazes me.

Earthquakes have been a natural occurring geological event forever.

This program can visually show you all earthquakes in chronological order as they happened for the last 50 years.

Earthquake program to Deny Ignorance!

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I agree, when governments and corporations are involved it's just a coincidence. It's only when ordinary people do something that it's a real conspiracy. If two guys rob a liquor store you better believe they'll be charged with a conspiracy.

WARNING! Video above contains profanity!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think this thread is a conspiracy.

And seeing how this is apparantly a logical thing to say.. prove to me that it isnt!

oo, hello brick wall :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc36420dcbc4.png[/atsimg]

Really people, some things just aren't a conspiracy. Not everything is a nefarious plot!

I am not saying there aren't conspiracies out there. Sure there are, but not absolutely everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Consider this hypothetical statement:

"I firmly believe that this earthquake was caused by HAARP, but I have no evidence of that, and I'm ok with that."

Sounds ridiculous, yes? Ok...now consider this hypothetical statement:

"I firmly believe that this earthquake was not caused by HAARP, but I have no evidence of that, and I'm ok with that."

To me, these statements are equally foolish.

Consider learning the definition of the word 'probability'.

IRM :shk:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think it's great there is one spot out there where every thing is scrutinized under a different lense.
A lot of things are conspiracies that I didn't even know anything about before I found this place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join