It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow cloud over Koh Samet, Thailand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hey all,

I noticed that since some people were associating strange coloured clouds with Earthquakes (and there's been a ton of them eh?) that I'd post up something that I saw 2 days ago:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3846e60761bab311.jpg[/atsimg]

This photograph was taken at around 12:30 (Thai time) on a trip between Koh Samet and the town on the mainland Rayong on Friday 26th February 2010. The cloud was seen by 10 people in total (myself included) who were riding on a speedboat - it's possible more people saw it I can only account for those of us on the boat.

There were many clouds littered throughout the sky but only this one had the dance of a rainbow through it. It was spotted just after we left the cove we had stayed in and was observed for around 15-20 mins until we arrived at Rayong were we promptly got on with our getting around town.

There were slight fluctuatations in brightness of colour and placement of colour but nothing fantastically quick or intense about it.

Personally we just thought it was a pretty aerial phenomenon due to the height and density of the cloud and its relation to the sun and us - we had 2 scientists and 1 photographer onboard who assisted with this conclusion.

We could be wrong and perhaps there will be an Earthquake in Thailand today however can anyone with aerial phenomenon verify our hypothesis?

Cheers in advance,

-m0r

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Nice Sundog there bro. Saw few here in Florida but no imminent disaster.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
--- Earthquake in Thailand?

That would be first - in what, decades?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Kool pic m0r!

I see those now and then around my place in summer. I even saw one created from a massive contrail once. No biggie!

However, if there is an Earth quake there now, it's all your fault!

IRM

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EnemyofMan

Yep.

That or a circumhorizontal arc

Ain't nature great?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnemyofMan
Nice Sundog there bro. Saw few here in Florida but no imminent disaster.

en.wikipedia.org...

Cheers for that, it's a cool aerial effect to see. But the Sun sun was at it's peak when I saw it and so it rules it out. Good inso though, especially about that German carving - seen a lot about around here, but never that explanations.

Originally posted by JanusFIN
--- Earthquake in Thailand?

That would be first - in what, decades?

It sure would - I highly doubt there is going to be an Earthquake here - just thought I'd share some fancy sky show with people to show weird things happen everywhere and everyday. I see you come over here to from your Avatar. Pattaya person on Bangkok reveler?

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
However, if there is an Earth quake there now, it's all your fault!

Just don't tell anyone I saw the cloud first if there is...

Originally posted by neformore
That or a circumhorizontal arc

Ain't nature great?

The time of day and the fact they look almost identical means *DING DINGG DING* we have a winner!!

Thanks neformore! Those are some really nice examples of them too.

Well that clears that up - I'll go and show off to my friends on the boat now and explain how through my arduous, relentless studying of aerial phenomena I finally figured it out!!

Nah, I'll tell them there were a bunch of guys with some really cool ideas and you all figured it out for me.

Thanks everyone!!

-m0r

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Don't know for sure, but i'd hazard a guess that it's caused by sunlight refracting through hydrocarbons in aerosolized and unburnt jet fuel.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The clouds at sunset in the Gulf of Thailand have been incredible this week The colored clouds have been related to earthquakes and witnessed before disasters, remember that we get these amazing colors every year here We are very close to Samet as the crow flies. They seem to for when it is very hot in the day and come a few hours before major electrical storms.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thailand (Phu Ket) was hit by a Tsuami Dec. 2005 ,,,presumably generated by an earthquake some where in that area.

Koa Semet ..I envy you,,,(Iraq!)

[edit on 28-2-2010 by jbmitch]

new topics

top topics

join