It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Is the greed of an individual greater than, lesser than or equal to the greed of a large corporate organisation?

I personally believe it is the individual who is more greedy...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

As far as your question. Well, individually people can be greedy, but corporations can be more greedy, and do it without a conscience. A corporation can destroy entire villages, wreck families, rape the environment, all for the luster of money.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

yes i agree with your view of the corporation though it is individuals who make the decisions behind the destructive behaviours and it is individual investors who fuel that same fire.

that is how i came to my conclusion.
would like to know others views....

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
THE WORLD IS YOURS!

See tony Montana for the understanding of how great greed is.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Tony Montana...

i see so many rich 's that get around robbing the masses blind and taking more than they could use in 20 life times and i getsa a thinkin... why not me.

So from this day forth i shall take and take and take some more.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
Tony Montana...

i see so many rich 's that get around robbing the masses blind and taking more than they could use in 20 life times and i getsa a thinkin... why not me.

So from this day forth i shall take and take and take some more.

If I remember correctly he did end up full of holes,didn't he?

Individual greed is the root of all greed including corporate greed unless the SCOTUS recently gave corporations souls too.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

expand on this, SCOTUS he is new too me....link me big boy!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Supreme Court Of The United States.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The way I see it is the company greed is the sum of all greed of the employees then multiplied by an unknown constant since it increases incrementally. Here I added an equation for you.

(Pg^n + Pg^(n-1) + ... Pg^1)^2 = Cg

Where

Pg = personal greed
Cg = Sum of corporate greed

I am so stupid :-p

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
Is the greed of an individual greater than, lesser than or equal to the greed of a large corporate organisation?

I personally believe it is the individual who is more greedy...

Corporations are made up of one or more individuals. You have heard the phrase "they are stronger then any one of us"? Thats the secret of how modern corporations work. In a large enough group, be it being strong in numbers or individuals who have demanding personalities. A corporation is for all intents and purpose, a mob. When in a mob, our personality takes second or third place to those dominant in that group. Thats how riots begin. Or people like Bernie Mayoff can take people for hundreds of billions of dollars. The best way in my view to limit potential damage by any one corporation, is to bind the principles of that company to its action and business practice. Corporations are formed to insulate those who found them from liability. I say give a new corporation five years, after which can sever any association with one or more people. Think of a corporation as another word for person, ands its easier to understand. And individuals must be responsible for their actions.

new topics

top topics

join