It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has CERN Killed The World?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
If CERN accidentally had created a stable black hole or particle capable of doing so, it would quickly gain weight and fall to the centre of the planet. If this occurred, once beyond our reach, it would gorge itself on magma, getting bigger the fatser it ate and eating faster the bigger it got.

If this occurred, the earth would not immediately collapse, there would be a period of several weeks, months or even years before the final collapse.

The symptoms of doom would be:-

1. Messed up weather
2. A spate of earthquakes on fault lines and tsusami that just would not stop
3. A spate of earthquakes on long dead or inactive fault lines like in Haiti where there hasn't been one for hundreds of years.
4. A growing emission of X-rays which would be hard for the Government to cover up without putting X-Ray machines all over the place.
5. Government clamping down on security and building escape craft in secret bunkers all over the place.
6. Government spending money like its going out of business...as it would be?

Sound familiar.

7. Finally massive continent busting earthquakes and a final collapse in a minute or two to nothing.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

This would make a great idea for a motion picture. They should do it in 3d. If its real which I am sure its not we will know soon enough and won't be able to do a dam thing so why worry be happy.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If that's what's happening, there's nothing any of us can do about it, unless we have some connections to the "Beautiful people". I don't know about any of you, but I'm not that lucky. Smoke 'em while you got 'em!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Who would have ever though CERN (and HARRP) have totally killed peoples powers of reason. Add that one to your list Op!

IRM

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I believe that a cern employee would blow the whistle emails would be sent and cnn and fox would be called or someting I am sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
By the way, teensy tiny black holes evaporate almost as soon as that are created.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Believe me its not what you think about CERN, Its still damage. They to go to court , maybe they run never again.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2

1. Messed up weather
3. A spate of earthquakes on long dead or inactive fault lines like in Haiti where there hasn't been one for hundreds of years.
4. A growing emission of X-rays which would be hard for the Government to cover up without putting X-Ray machines all over the place.
5. Government clamping down on security and building escape craft in secret bunkers all over the place.

Sound familiar.

7. Finally massive continent busting earthquakes and a final collapse in a minute or two to nothing.

And where did you figure out that these are the symptoms of a black hole in the centre of a planet?

In a movie? It sounds familiar because it was probably in some high budget doomsday movie..

If CERN lost control of a black hole and it fell to the centre of the Earth, there would be no "Gorging on lava", the planet would be destroyed in a matter of minutes/hours.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Our worst nightmare has just come true. We only have days or months to live.

LHC Webcam.

www.cyriak.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Nobody now's the effect of a black whole, because everybody speculate's what it will do. it swallows everything they say, but what is on the other site of that whole? A other demension, somwhere else in space. Where go's that stuf what its eating. Maybe you or you now? Tell me please, i wanna now?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
They don't do much really, I have one inside my heart apparently and I haven't sucked the whole world up yet....although I guess it could be said I suck.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck
Nobody now's the effect of a black whole, because everybody speculate's what it will do. it swallows everything they say, but what is on the other site of that whole? A other demension, somwhere else in space. Where go's that stuf what its eating. Maybe you or you now? Tell me please, i wanna now?

Doesn't matter, you and everyone else would die of the gravity/acceleration anyway.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck

Apparently there's nothing but pancakes on the other side!

My advice to you.... Stock up on Maple Syrup!

IRM

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Do you have proof, than i believe. Its all theoretical. But i will try together with you all. Maybe we eat than some pancake. (LOL) Or we are ending up like meatballs. hahaha

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My understanding about mini black holes is.

By Inediblebulk
By the way, teensy tiny black holes evaporate almost as soon as that are created.

Even if they didn't they would only have the gravitational pull of an no more then an atom.

They could fall through the Earth and back without even attracting anything to it. Accept for the unfortunate atom it bumps op to.

Even then Our solar system would long destroyed after it has a mass capable of doing any harm at all.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I agree

Say they managed to bang 100 protons together :O
That would create a mass equivalent to the nucleus of a tin atom which is hardly going to become a black hole. The entire mass of our solar system including the sun is not sufficient to create any sort of black hole's gravitational pull.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Your hypothesis reminds me of a great novel I read in the mid 90’s about machine intelligence extraterrestrials that send an antimatter bomb into the centre of the earth, and in the end the earth was destroyed- the debris to be gathered up for building resources.
The human race is all but decimated.

“Anvil of the gods,” a great book and well worth reading if you like to imagine a story that has a very sad ending but takes you on a heart wrenching ride where you just know the final chapter will be one that stays with you for a while.

Starred and flagged OP, your post was short but for all that it took me on a journey of the imagination.

I hope you are wrong but I would not be suprised if you were correct but fearful of such an event - not a chance!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

To answer your question, lots of us. I know I would.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well your example also parallels some of the Start Gate stories out there. But I don't understand why you think this so-called black hole would be compelled to fall to the center of the earth?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
If CERN accidentally had created a stable black hole or particle capable of doing so, it would quickly gain weight and fall to the centre of the planet.

No it wouldn't. It would have no reason to go down to the center of the planet. It's not going to get pulled around by your faulty understanding of gravity!

If this occurred, once beyond our reach,

It would be beyond our reach in any case, because we couldn't really interact with it without entering its event horizon.

it would gorge itself on magma, getting bigger the fatser it ate and eating faster the bigger it got.

It would do the same thing outside the center of the earth, except not with magma.

If this occurred, the earth would not immediately collapse, there would be a period of several weeks, months or even years before the final collapse.

1. Messed up weather

What, why? Why would a blackhole at the center of the earth mess with the climate?

maaaaaybe.

There's no such thing as a "dead" fault line. That's just not how plate tectonics works.

What? ARe... ARe you talking about airport security? Why? Where is this coming from?

Ooooh, like those books that they're keeping in storage! Or that food being brought into the complex that is a storage facility for grocery stores! you must be right!

That's just what stupid, stupid governments do. Or really smart ones. Did you know money is a social fiction?

Sound familiar.

I could make a list of alleged consequences of something that sounds familiar too.

dun dun DUN!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join