It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 5.4 quake hits East Coast of Honshu, Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

New 5.4 quake hits East Coast of Honshu, Japan

earthquake.usgs.gov

Magnitude 5.4

Date-Time Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 05:17:49 PM at epicenter
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
ANOTHER decent sized quake to chalk up today.

This seems unrelated to the previous Okinawa-centric quakes and doesn't appear to be an aftershock.

It is off the coast too, let's hope this doesn't generate a tsunami for the Japanese coast.

Seems someone REALLY wants a tsunami today...

This is getting heavy. Is it normal to have this many so close together?

I know there are more earthquakes occuring everyday than most of us are aware of but this seems a bit more than normal now.

earthquake.usgs.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-2-2010 by srsen]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Eh...we will continue to hear about any earthquake and it will be BIG news no matter if no damage is done, if its even only a 5.4 in a place that actually has building codes because of the two large recent quakes.

Nothing new here. The Earth has quakes all the time. Its part of its history.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Err....5.0 to 5.9 near or in Japan isn't too much of a concern to be honest. They happen quite frequently.

These major quakes have people on razor's edge but thats ok too. When they're near 7.0M+ then we have a issue I believe. But anything less in my opinion shouldn't be concerned about too much.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Didn't think this would cause damage from the quake itself, bit worried that it could generate a wave.

No paranoia here, just reporting another quake for those interested.

Curious as to quake patterns tho

reply to post by EnemyofMan

Good to see some level-headed responses here on a day of panic.

Looks like there isn't much to see here, so long as no wave is produced.

Good thing

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
We do have a Quake Watch 2010 thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace out from berzerkeley

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I know
Just thought that with so much happening today, couldn't hurt to bust out a thread when a new region (kinda) got hit.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

New?

Lol, Yea right. The Japs get hit with a 5anythingM they just laugh and continue to chug the Saki. Japan is NOT a new area and never will be.

The quakes in Oklahoma and Canada yesterday are NEW areas compared to Japan man.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Is this a symptom?

Has CERN killed the world?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Hah nah man, you misunderstood me.

I meant a new region TODAY (not counting aftershocks).

Within 24 hours we've had:

Chile
Argentina
China
Japan
Pakistan
Afghanistan
Canada
Oklahoma

Still, I'm guessing thats kinda normal...?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Meh...too a point. That 8.8M rattled everything.
I personally I have feeling, along with many others, things are going to get a lot worse with a possibility of a higher frequency of it happening.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This year has already been quite intense and its NOT going to let up. just time a look at the TimeWave, March is nuts...as well as the rest of the year.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

The 8.8 rattled everything AND everyone it seems!

Timewave is interesting. As time passes it seems to be validated more and more - which is somewhat concerning i suppose.

I too expect things to get worse however i dont want to bring doom and gloom to that outlook.

I believe things happen for a reason - even when we cant see what that reason could be. There are always lessons to be learnt...

All i know is it's been a pretty unique 24 hours sitting at my laptop!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

That it has. I was awake when it happened and my friend Ruby had a bad feeling a few hours before hand. Plus the Huang Ti and Franklin TimwWaves seemed to of correlated with it. But I'm no pro with the TimeWave, Evasius is.

I, for one, welcome our pre-planned annihilation. For it seems quite inevitable.
This planet has a date with destiny and there doesn't seem like there will be much we can do.

Unless the Ancients come back to save us.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Wouldn't mind some Evasius analysis of the last 24 hours actually. I try to 'get it' all, but yeah, pretty sure i'm pulling up short haha

I'm still quite convinced i incarnated in this time for a reason. Perhaps to watch the fireworks? Perhaps to evolve/grow from them? With so much turmoil, there appears so much opportunity.

This sounds horrible to say, but i'm coming from the perspective that this is just one life of many. If we can't learn our lessons in this type of climate and era, then we never will.

Heh, the 'ancients' will sit back and see how we deal. Just like Star Trek, i don't think 'they' could interfere lol

Wow - how this thread has developed haha

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Spent entirely too long staring at this screen today - time to return to normality.

Nice chatting mate

top topics

join