It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: 6.2 Earthquake Hits North Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A 6.2 Earthquake has just hit Northern Pakistan.

A 6.2 magnitude earthquake rattles northern Pakistan, says the country's Meteorological Department, noting that the epicenter has been in the Hindu Kush mountain range.

presstv.ir...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

What the heck is going on with all these earthquakes?

Are there always this many and we just don't hear about it? Maybe we are hearing of them now with the recent focus on the one in Haiti.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
There are a lot of them constantly that we just don't hear about; however, in a 24 hour period I think it's safe to say these may go in the record book for the highest volume, and highest magnitude worldwide on a single day time frame.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fusion47

I believe the reason is due to this:
friendsnchrist.ning.com...
theblessedsavior.blogspot.com...

All the signs will be fulfilled before the end.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Here we go...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
There are a lot of them constantly that we just don't hear about; however, in a 24 hour period I think it's safe to say these may go in the record book for the highest volume, and highest magnitude worldwide on a single day time frame.

I think you should consider that the technology to record these events plus our global communication network are only recent.
If we had a recorded history that stretched back thousands of years then i'm sure you would find a more devastating 24 hour period

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Really? The writers of the bible can't even get the genealogy of Jesus correct or even count right, can you really depend on the prophecies for truth?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

Really? The writers of the bible can't even get the genealogy of Jesus correct or even count right, can you really depend on the prophecies for truth?

You are misinformed. One gospel shows the genealogy of Mary and the other of Joseph. They are both correct. And yes I trust Biblical prophecy since it has accurately predicted a number of important events, such as:

1) The exact arrival time of Jesus the messiah in Jerusalem,
2) The destruction of 3 major world empires.
3) The rebirth of the nation of Israel.
4) The rise of a one world government...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I call BS.

Nothing here. earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

You are misinformed. One gospel shows the genealogy of Mary and the other of Joseph. They are both correct. And yes I trust Biblical prophecy since it has accurately predicted a number of important events, such as:

1) The exact arrival time of Jesus the messiah in Jerusalem,
2) The destruction of 3 major world empires.
3) The rebirth of the nation of Israel.
4) The rise of a one world government...

Occam's Razor seems to make me think that it is just an ancient and erroneous text. Besides who needs Joseph's genealogy since Jesus is the son of God and not Joseph?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Another case where geological seismograph stations can't agree with each other...

A 6.2 magnitude earthquake rattles northern Pakistan, says the country's Meteorological Department, noting that the epicenter has been in the Hindu Kush mountain range.

The quake struck 04:21 a.m. (1121 GMT), Pakistani officials told a Press TV correspondent on Sunday.

Pakistani station says 6.2, USGS says 5.7.

Magnitude 5.7 - HINDU KUSH REGION, AFGHANISTAN

[edit on 28-2-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm going to have to say HAARP is being behind all of these earthquakes.

We'll soon see what places U.S. troops will "help" I mean invade soon to see the agenda behind them.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

SevenThunders , please understand like we understand. I understand the Bible (to you) is the Word of God , and it is your religion and I'm sure all of the holes in the Bible Story are rationalized and indoctrinated into you. But you have to understand that not everyone believes what you believe. To some of us the stories in the bible defy logic and are downright ridiculous. (2 of every animal on a giant boat?... REALLY?
No one else knew how to make a boat and survive the floods?...lol) I just get tired of you guys always saying everything that happens happens because the bible says it would. I appreciate religions for what they are , and I've learned a lot from many of them. But I came here to read about an earthquake that hit Pakistan and communicate with others using logic and reason , not to get a drive by witnessing.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I just knew they should have allowed that Ethiopian Priest to bring forth the Arc Of The Covenant last year. He said the time was right to reveal it then. You should always do thing when 'the time is right'. See now what procrastination has wrought.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't get the HAARP conspiracy?... Who benefits from making earthquakes? How does the technology work?.... I just think things on earth move from time to time.... I mean it did used to be Pangaea.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Let me save you time there is nothing that harp could do to cause the earths plates to move. They already have to be stressed to cause an earthquake in the first place. So even if man could somehow find a way we would be talking about the ability to speed up the trigger. which means the quake was going to happen.The whole idea is silly!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

That's how I feel about it, I'm just tired of repeaters repeating the same BS with no actual science or proof behind it. I don't think HAARP could control a JENGA game let alone master plate tectonics.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Larryman,

I heard about that.. As I remember, that was supposed to happen the very day they "buried" Michael Jackson.

Wonder why it didn't happen.
And will it be revealed sometime soon?

This thread has gone totally off topic and I just had to post this.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Back to thread topic now...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

Is this a symptom?

Has CERN killed the world?

top topics

join