It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's Ministry of Defence is Destroying all New UFO Reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Britain's Ministry of Defence is destroying all UFO reports it receives so it can avoid answering Freedom of Information requests.

This decision means that any future sightings - even those made by reliable sources such as aircrew, radar and police - will in future be shredded after 30 days, according to a formerly secret MoD documents I have obtained using the FOIA.

drdavidclarke.blogspot.com...

With other words, while Ufologists all over the world have supported Britain for releasing their UFO files, the MoD now takes their policy beyond stupidity.

Why destroy a file for which there is such great public interest?

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Heliocentric]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Okay but what have these released fuo documents shown us so far? Have they really answered any questions for UFOlogy? All these released documents are just sitting reports and some of them happen to be written by people in the military.
I do not really care what they shred so far nothing they have released has been any good or much different than the UFO reports in our UFO board or Gray area board.

The "disclosure crowd" will never be pleased untill documents tailor made to all the claims are released. For everyone to be happy the government would have to provide documents that say
1. We have been in contact with ETs since (or before) roswell
2. MJ12 was real
3.project serpo was real
4. Tesla was brought via time machine to work on the philadelphia experiment and fort montouk and created a monster
5. The governemnt has UFO type vehicles that they used.
6. The GFL is real
7. the ashtar command is real
8. There has not been a natural disaster since the 50's. Natural disasters were stopped long ago and now they are ALL a product of HARRP (no exceptions).
9. The government is really just a bunch of shape shifting reptiles
10. REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS...

And then the disclosure now people will be happy

[edit on 28-2-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ah...the smell of UK Civil Service Management in action.

Basically, if you don't keep stuff, then you don't have to store stuff. If you don't store stuff, then you don't have to find stuff and answer questions on stuff and you don't run the risk of not replying accurately to FOI requests re stuff...Win, win!

This sort of thing goes on in all UK government depts.

As good ol' Jose Chung would say...."In short; to answer your question....money!"

Oh and you don't run the risk of breeding another "Nick Pope."

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Okay but what have these released fuo documents shown us so far? Have they really answered any questions for UFOlogy? All these released documents are just sitting reports and some of them happen to be written by people in the military.
I do not really care what they shred so far nothing they have released has been any good or much different than the UFO reports in our UFO board or Gray area board.

The "disclosure crowd" will never be pleased untill documents tailor made to all the claims are released. For everyone to be happy the government would have to provide documents that say
1. We have been in contact with ETs since (or before) roswell
2. MJ12 was real
3.project serpo was real
4. Tesla was brought via time machine to work on the philadelphia experiment and fort montouk and created a monster
5. The governemnt has UFO type vehicles that they used.
6. The GFL is real
7. the ashtar command is real
8. There has not been a natural disaster since the 50's. Natural disasters were stopped long ago and now they are ALL a product of HARRP (no exceptions).
9. The government is really just a bunch of shape shifting reptiles
10. REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS REPTILES MASONS ILLUMINATI NWO MASONS...

And then the disclosure now people will be happy

[edit on 28-2-2010 by zaiger]

Ok and your replies in my thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Is what...Just a confirmation to the statement i made in MY thread.
There wont be any disclosure from GVMTS or any othe organisation
that "is" involved in the matters..

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Perhaps they are no longer keeping the reports because soon the alien/ufo question will be answered once and for all!

Ever thought about that?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
So that blood red rag of a paper The Sun goes on a 'We will find out the truth about UFOS' due to the MOD shutting down its UFO hotline, it's HUGE circulation of uneducated delinquents get riled up and not only report more sightings to The Sun, but demand that 'Da Truth' be told and are told about the FOI act.

Calls to the MOD regarding apparent sightings in the past jumps a-hundred fold overnight with these job dodging benefit claimers demanding everything there and then (in whatsoever format they choose - it's the law you know) and demanding compensation when they get a paper-cut on their unwashed hands and you wonder why, with all our boys in Afgan and Iraq fighting 2 illegal wars with no equipment, that the MOD has decided to take 'what it knows to be drivel' and shred it after 30 mins of protocol skim reading to see if it's worthy of being a threat to national security.

Seems like a fair plan to me.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Personally I think it's just a cash based choice to save some money running a low priority department. To be honest I don't know why there's any comments re it, most believe that whatever comes out of there is either disinformation or severely tampered with so of little use.

It only takes a look at Nick Pope to see the usefulness of the department in the first place. He was in the middle of it with access to reports and what has he disclosed, nothing, he just sits there dribbling out virtually the same stuff word for word and hopefully his gravy train will run out sooner rather than later.

In all honesty, from all the worlds released UFO documents we have learned little if nothing, you can decide whether you think it's being withheld or there was nothing there to learn in the first place.

I think it's a little of both...

Some have an eagerness to want to see proof that warps their mind, you must sit back and look at it very clearly and then look at it again. The thread about the bird on a gate in Chile just posted seems to sum it up.

And PLEASE, when The SUN (a UK Paper) is pledging to learn the TRUTH you really must take several steps away and review their intentions...

A. Find and publish the truth with solid detective work and investigative reporting.

B. Get dodgy reports of Youtube, pump them up and sell more papers to wannabe believers desperate to see some stuff...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't really know what to make of it. When the MoD first closed the book on it in December my conspiracy senses were tingling like crazy and this latest development doesn't sit too well with me either.

It sounds entirely reasonable on paper, being a waste of resources and man power. That's fair enough but I still think there's a little more to it. With an organization like the MoD you're never going to know the whole truth and it's a waste of time even trying. It only leaves us to speculate what's going on behind the scenes and come to all sorts of wild conclusions.

I think scobro could be on to something. If some sort of disclosure is imminent-ish then it makes no sense for the MoD to take countless reports of something they're already well aware of. But again that's just speculation.

I like speculating

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Your thread is written in non-sensical crazy talk, and i did let you know that in your thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This decision to destroy what may one day prove to be important historical data is completely wrong.

How arrogant of them! This is OUR DATA!

What right have they to propose that they are the national collection centre for UFO reports, but then destroy everything they have as soon as they get it? Madness!

An entire nations' history on this subject, OUR DATA, will now be destroyed forever, all on the decision of one unelected, sneering civil servant.

This is an outrage, at the very least the MOD should state that UFO reports are to be sent to another group or body, one that will again at least, file these reports safely for future reference.

The arrogance of the MOD knows no bounds, and I feel letting this pass and giving them carte blanche to destroy OUR NATIONAL data is very sinister.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This definitely is unsettling.

There is definitely an influence, a cause why they just randomly decided to shut down the whole system of the UFO reports down.

Maybe they're just saying that though?

It could be possible they could get referencing them for the future in one of those underground bases.

Or - could it be, that they are slowly wiping the traces of aliens and hell, even our entire race for a new age?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
UK shredding papers to please USA incase we need any assistance if the falklands kicks off?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
How hard would it be to set up a "GLOBAL CIVIL ARCHIVE".?
Under the supervision and control by members of the society.
NO govermental or any other oganisation should have authority
unless its voilates any comon civilisation law.

National security isnt an issue. The society have already
ppl checking that one right.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Instead of just destroying whats left of the reports why don't they just divide them up and give them all to several UFO researchers?

And as for destroying new reports after 30 days, why even take them in? Isn't that just going to be a further waste of time and money?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This, to my mind, is disinformation.
The UK is perhaps the most secretive of all western governments and has got ever worse under the auspices of "New Liebour".

There is a very interesting section in Nicholas Redfern's "Cosmic Crashes" book, where he states that he was told in a written reply to an FOIA request in a written reply from Bruno Pappalardo (Search Department, Public Records Office, Kew) dated 21 september 1990 that "Because of the nature of these files many will be under extended closure and so closed for 50, 75 or 100 years", yet in a reply given by the then Under Secretary of State for Defence (lord Howe) in 1995 that "I can confirm that my department's SIB (Scientific Intelligence Branch) holds no record under extended closure for any period in excess of 30 years....."

The facts are essentially that if you tell people the records have been routinely destroyed, you do not have to provide them under future FOIA requests.
Let us not lose sight of the fact that countless departments in the UK & the USA have been caught out lying many times in the past and will doubtless be caught many times again in the future.

The excuse of "no defence significance" IS PURE SOPHISTRY. If, for example, Col. Halt (Rendlesham) hallucinated what he & his troops saw when in charge of a nuclear strike base then this is most assuredly of defence significance. The only way this is not of defence significance is if our governments know full well what is going on, and have at least tacitly agreed to this - or realized there is nothing they can do about it.

Final thought here.
I believe the reason is not to save money, but to give grounds for not releasing information - ever.
THey - probably rightly - believe most people cannot cope with the truth. We certainly do not have any rights to demand answers, much as some of us would like them.
Disclosure is never going to happen either, any more than we would be told of a doomsday rock was heading our way. There would be widespread panic.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Perhaps they are no longer keeping the reports because soon the alien/ufo question will be answered once and for all!

Ever thought about that?

Haha! Let's hope that's the case!

What I don't understand is why they'd release all those UFO documents, then a month later, decide they're shredding the rest? Strange.. Even if they haven't released any good documents about personal contact with aliens etc. I've probably had weirder experiences than those lame-ass, half-blackened documents they give us have claimed. We've all seen lights in the sky, we all basically know without the government's 'help' that Extraterrestrials/ET spacecrafts exist. And maybe they know that now! That's perhaps why they're starting to shred information. Instead of reporting it to authorities, maybe they're encouraging us to TWEET about it, where it'll probably get MUCH more attention than a media story.
"This guy thinks he saw a ufo.." *cuts to fading airplane* It makes it look like a joke.
That being said, I think they're either trying to promote sharing UFO information by other means, or they're trying to get rid of information because we're too damn close to finding out the truth.

top topics

join