It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman, 61, Arrested for asking 'why'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
To serve and protect? To abuse and punish sounds more fitting.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Are you proposing I am a disinfo agent for my critical inquiry into the agenda of the article and the OP posting it?

I'm proposing that you're using the tactics of a disinfo agent. It's working, see? Here we are, discussing the argument and not the article..

Do you also accept the article mentioned in the OP without questioning?

Cop told lady to move, lady asked "why?".. Cop had time to stop whatever he was doing and lay the "law" down on the old lady, so (I'm assuming, here) the cop must have not needed her to move out of the way that badly.

I don't know the details, but sure as hell, neither do you.

Do you also, like the OP, believe that law enforcement are psychopaths and tyrants, across the board?

The OP never said that, that was someone else.

But no. I don't think they're all psychos. But I do know that most of them are coward enough to stick up for the ones who are. "Officer of the year" for tazing an unarmed, nonviolent protester, goes on to taze foreign student in his own apartment? And is allowed to continue to work!! UNACCEPTABLE!

Or how about the police failing to investigate one of their own for sexually assaulting multiple women over the course of years on the beat.

When Roger Magaña worked at the Eugene Police Department (EPD), women complained over and over that he was using his badge to force sex, but Eugene police did nothing. After Magaña was finally caught after six years and sent to prison for abusing a dozen women, substantial evidence emerged that other police officers had failed in the investigation, supervision and hiring of the criminal. But the police again did nothing.

These are Just instances from my hometown, that I can think of off the top of my head..

[edit on 2/28/2010 by nasdack24k]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

usually child molesters like to get jobs that they can be close to children..i.e teachers,police,scout leaders..etc.i guarantee that a percentage of those "caring for the kids cops" is actually getting a little thrill by being around those children...just saying

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just another case of how insane the lunatic's, that call themselves law enforcement officers, have become....

I usually stay quiet on this site unless I am insulted. Which sadly because of my Career choices is quite often. I will say simply stop the comments like the one i quoted above. You have no right to label all police officers or any police officer for that matter. You cannot call them all for what the few have done. I have never once been asked to detain people for no reason, nor heard of it ever happening where im from. I have never heard of any special training for martial law enforcement, or for furthering a police state. There are corrupt police in this world, and waitresses, businessmen, teachers, military men, everything, but that's all it is. CORRUPT.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Barak89]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

usually child molesters like to get jobs that they can be close to children..i.e teachers,police,scout leaders..etc.i guarantee that a percentage of those "caring for the kids cops" is actually getting a little thrill by being around those children...just saying
reply to post by earthship35

Sigh.

And I guess anyone who wants to help someone else must be a pedophile, serial murderer, rapist, or just someone with a nasty foot fetish.

Because of course no one would dare do anything out of the goodness of their hearts......

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have to question if some of you read the article.

From the article:

The Citizen Review Board – resurrected after the 2006 fatal police shooting of 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston in her home – voted in a recent meeting to sustain Carey’s false arrest claim and the allegation that the officer had violated the department’s arrest policies.

Obviously something was amiss for them to sustain her objections.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Ive learned a few things in my life and one is that people always have an "agenda" and people do things out of the goodness of their heart
to satisfy SOME "agenda" You think the pope didnt snap a few childrens necks to get where he is?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i know how it feels

my heart goes out to all police victims

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My best mate is dating a police woman. I used to date a girl who's father was a policeman. I have friends who are on the force. None of these people I've known have been bad people abusing their state given power. It's a pity that the actions of the few reflect the deeds of the many in todays society, in the eyes of some at least. Don't be so quick to judge the actions of one and apply that to the masses. To all the people here who believe all policemen are corrupt, I'm assuming you also believe all Muslims are terrorists and all black people are criminals correct? Because it's that mindset that spawns this sort of disscussion.

Now I'm not denying it goes on. There's always gonna be some spoiled fruit in the basket. But that is true of every job, not just the police force.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Indoctrination is a powerful tool that has been used for along time with success by the Military, Corporations and now law enforcement.
If you repeat something over and over again (even if it is BS) people start believing it. "Its us against them"" blah, blah, blah; that kinda crap.
If you work for any of the above you hear it on a daily basis but you question it; not everyone has the courage or fortitude to question it.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Ive learned a few things in my life and one is that people always have an "agenda" and people do things out of the goodness of their heart
reply to post by earthship35

Since I don't personally know the pope, I'll have to defer to my (rather limited) knowledge of history.

Absolutely, I agree there are folks in power who abuse their positions. Popes who started religious wars, teachers who have sex with their students (shudder), police officers who use their badge as a right to bully.

But some of us have another agenda, as well. Teachers who want to teach their students and help them out of the cycle of poverty and ignorance they seem stuck in. Police officers who genuinely care and do all in their power to protect the citizens. Firemen who risk their lives to save others. And even religious leaders who advocate love and acceptance, and helping your fellow human.

Trying to lump everyone into one group is the pinnacle of ignorance, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
For OP. It does not surprise me in the least. I've lived and worked in several states from the midwest to the east coast. In every single place police harassment occurred against my person or those I was with more than once- some places were worse than others. Examples follow:

Once while standing outside my house in Cranford, NJ smoking a cigarrette two officers approached me on my property asked for my ID and grilled me about my personal details- saw my University ID and got nervous about whether I was a lawyer/law student.

I was pulled over on three occassions in this same town (cranford) just because my passenger had brown skin.

On NJ Transit I was once thrown into a wall and handcuffed because I ignored the "orders" of an undercover officer who told me to move before identifying himself. I looked at him and scowled- he whipped out his badge and arrested me. Another time on NJT approx 12 officers were chasing someone onto the platform where I was standing. I made the egregious error of watching the officers subdue their prey and made eye contact with a female officer who ran up to me and threatened (club out) to beat me "the #### down" with her billy club- her words in quotes.

My brother got out of law enforcement because of the abuse and corruption- which incidentally gets people killed. I have a friend who has served on the police advisory board for a major city. He told me some statistics which are truly scary. One was if an officer stops your vehicle at certain hours and you are male and alone you have a 50% probability of surviving the encounter in this city.

luis

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
For all of those that come to the defense of the actions the this officer and others that abuse their a-thor-i-ty, and get a power rush form carrying a badge and a gun, just how many of you have turned a fellow officer in for abusing their power? If you haven't than you are part of the problem and should be grouped together as a corrupt gang.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Random_Hero10

Now I'm not denying it goes on. There's always gonna be some spoiled fruit in the basket. But that is true of every job, not just the police force.

Sorry, but even one corrupt office can spoil the whole bunch....

I never hear of 'good cops' trying to rid the force of the bad ones....it seems like they take up for each other no matter what...and that makes them all bad...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HombreAlone

That was a great point you made. It seems plausible that many "good" cops see these things happening and simply do the three monkey thing. The few decent officers I've met- well two- were quite inspirational, but I wonder what they have to ignore in order to remain employed, breathing, and free.

luis

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
people!!!!!!!!!!! all police officers are NOT bad people!!!

they are human just like all other humans on earth and SOME are bad................MOST arnt bad

i have known a few bad cops, they dont work in law enforcement any more

law enforcement agencys cant afford to have bad cops due to law suits that cost citys money

and i bet that 62 year old womans got a lawsuit pending

now, what i want to happen is something that should have been done a long time agoand here it is,,,

when you see riot police out in force to stop dissorderly conduct ALL OFFICERS need to have identifying numbers....big white numbers... to identify them so we can see it on video, because you cant tell who is who when they are in riot gear so they do what they want

here in losangeles we had a riot in mcarther park it started as a immagrant ralley, all the media was there, a few bad people started stuff and the cops went crazy on EVERYBODY, beating people, reporters and seriously damaging expensive media cameras and equipment well they claimed that the athoritys couldnt identify the cops in riot gear that were doing the bad stuff...........well, put big white numbers on there helmets and guess what, you can identify them!!!!

be safe people!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So much for the article I guess. It sounds pretty biased but it really wouldn't surprise me.

Ah! How soon we have forgotten the Pittsburgh G20 and how conveniently - I might add. The old "one bad apple" ruins the bunch is an old argument and doesn't stand the test when we look back on the G20.

I know there are some good Sheriffs out there (Yes Sheriffs) no one else is worth mentioning, but this is not a few bad apples this is getting quite prevalent and God help these arrogant ones when the system collapses and they attempt to maintain order - because all of these abuses will be remembered and they will not have the peoples trust when they need it most - because of a "few" bad apples".

My only hope is that the Sheriffs of the land will reclaim their "ultimate" authority in their jurisdictions and protect their people from whatever harm may come to them.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by WWJFKD]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

Please read what I wrote here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Study your law, and don't pay any tickets. Fight them all. I used to live in Indiana too, in a little town up north. Through the use of the Constitution and Common Law, I had the cops so scared of me they would not even look at me, much less pull me over. I have a Notice of Understanding and Intent and Claim of Right still filed there, and if a cop there give me an order, then he/she pays me $200 to carry it out. Do this a few times, and fight all traffic tickets, they will leave you alone and pick on someone not so educated.

Notice of Understanding and Intent and Claim of Right

Ticket Slayer

Here are some good links if you care to research, and learn a few things...

Barefoot's World

UNDERSTANDING COMMON LAW

Driving on American Roads is a Constitutional Right, not a State-Granted 'Privledge'

The Two United States and the Law

The World Freeman Society

On another related topic, I live in Ohio, which is an open carry State, we can carry a gun as long as it is not concealed. I went down the street one day to collect my kids from the school bus, and happened to have my .44 on my hip. Two gung ho cops showed up like gang busters and approached me with their hand on their guns. I made no moves, let them do their thing. Then I gave them a one hour lecture on the Constitution and Ohio Code, and told them that with my quick draw holster I could not only out draw them, but I could get off two shots with my single shot revolver before either of them could clear their weapon, and then proved it to them! I also told them with those Glocks, they had to re-acquire their target after each shot, where with my heavy pistol, I could get off 6 and place all in a 6" circle at 25 yards. I ended with this, I told them if they approach me once more with hands on guns, I would fire, and I meant every word of it. I do not advocate shooting a ploice officer, but they all need some education on the laws they are supposed to enforce, and the Constitutional Oath they all take.

Needless to say the cops in my town have respect for me now.

link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by rainfall
[my father is a retired lieutenant from Maryland...

That could explain your rage against legitimate authority. Tough childhood?

So you take hearsay without a shred of evidence vilify all law enforcement employees, many of whom have family and children and pay taxes as

a) Tyrants
b) Psychopaths
c) Insane
d) Lunatics

and predict violence be used against your fellow citizens.

So the question arises: Why? What did a police officer do to you for you to smear the entire profession which includes Millions of people worldwide?

Sorry to jump into your discussion . Anyone who has ever worked a job with more than a few employees KNOWS who pulls their weight and who is a slacker. The same is true for the law enforcement community. They know which ones try to throw their weight around and bully the public. They remain silent. Which makes all cops just as guilty as the truly bad ones. Just because someone has kids and pays taxes doesn't make them "good people". There has been too many cases of police brutality lately all over the US. Google it. In my area a few years ago we had police officers being trained by BlackWater/Xe. This is what happens when one tries to militarize the police. There is no accountability and a tendency toward pack mentality.

link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
I don't know the details, but sure as hell, neither do you.

So without knowing the details of what happened you are accepting of a sweeping generalization of policemen as insane tyrants?

The OP never said that, that was someone else.

These are the words the OP used to describe Millions of law abiding citizens
a) Tyrants
b) Psychopaths
c) Insane
d) Lunatics

Its all on the first page for you to read.

You are denying that he used those words so I must assume you are not interested in the truth but instead interested in the REAL purpose of this thread:

Making a big long list of why its justified to hate and attack legit authority.

You really think this thread is meant to discuss facts in a sensible manner?

Wake up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join